Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] $6-$10 => 50% off Full Extension Drawer slides [for a pair]

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 9:38 am
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 26, 2003
559 posts
425 upvotes
GTA
shylok wrote: Any decent solution for large drawers themselves? 28in wide 32in deep, 16in tall? Have one of those and 3x 18x32.

Normally all our stuff is Blum, tandem etc. But this is a outdoor bbq cabinet I'm doing myself.. Which doesn't need same level..
You might want to limit yourself to stainless slides/hardware. What are you using for the drawer boxes, MDO?
Sr. Member
Apr 12, 2013
569 posts
475 upvotes
BC
Had to laugh, put the 24" runners in my cart then found a pair from princess auto in my garage! Another unfinished project.....
Member
Jul 31, 2009
486 posts
260 upvotes
Ottawa
gr8dlr wrote:
Never heard of McFaddens. Is this a retail operation? Only GTA location is Vaughan except Oakville HO.
Undermount's can't really be used for converting pantry (non bottom).
Their ottawa store is just a big warehouse but yes they did provide cash and carry.

Not sure I understand the pantry drawers comment but side mount to undermount conversion can be done as long as you're willing to do the modification.
shylok wrote: Any decent solution for large drawers themselves? 28in wide 32in deep, 16in tall? Have one of those and 3x 18x32.

Normally all our stuff is Blum, tandem etc. But this is a outdoor bbq cabinet I'm doing myself.. Which doesn't need same level..
You can just double up the slides.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3350 posts
1369 upvotes
Ottawa
stang wrote: You might want to limit yourself to stainless slides/hardware. What are you using for the drawer boxes, MDO?
I'm making the cabinets out of meranti Marine plywood.. So worst case out of that. But I really didn't want to make my drawers.. But what options are there for premade that'll take outdoors and some water perhaps that slips in thru the door crack
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 6, 2013
695 posts
253 upvotes
Ontario
gr8dlr wrote: Here's a YT vid re converting the shelf to drawers. I'm going to do this.

Woa thanks for sharing this, it just never occurred to me that I can totally make these! I've seen that at Ikea and such and this looks very easy! In the process of planning for my kitchen renovation, this just turned on some light bulbs in my head. Thanks again!!
:cool:
Sr. Member
Jun 9, 2015
859 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Quite possibly the dumbest question here, but I just refinished the surface of an old ass dresser that only has the bottom middle wood track. Can I use these and remove the old one? The drawers currently don't open and close very smoothly.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
11687 posts
6603 upvotes
Markham
shylok wrote: I'm making the cabinets out of meranti Marine plywood.. So worst case out of that. But I really didn't want to make my drawers.. But what options are there for premade that'll take outdoors and some water perhaps that slips in thru the door crack
You could possibly make it out of composite decking.... I think they have thinner fascia boards.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1868 posts
1130 upvotes
Kitchener
Either way, thanks for the effort in posting OP.

Really liked the layout and the link to each size.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 7, 2005
3861 posts
4861 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
Lampsy wrote: Quite possibly the dumbest question here, but I just refinished the surface of an old ass dresser that only has the bottom middle wood track. Can I use these and remove the old one? The drawers currently don't open and close very smoothly.
most of these require a 1" gap in the sides ( 0.5" on either side). You might be better off with finding a bottom mount drawer slide
Sr. Member
Aug 4, 2006
604 posts
267 upvotes
GTA - Gwilly
Lampsy wrote: Quite possibly the dumbest question here, but I just refinished the surface of an old ass dresser that only has the bottom middle wood track. Can I use these and remove the old one? The drawers currently don't open and close very smoothly.
It could just be the the wooden slides (top and bottom) just need a bit of sanding or lubrication (soap or candle wax) to make it better. Or it could be that the parts are just worn out. LV sells hardwood replacements so it could be a simple swap out. Take out the drawer and get it a closeup view.
Sr. Member
Jun 9, 2015
859 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto, ON
2flags wrote: It could just be the the wooden slides (top and bottom) just need a bit of sanding or lubrication (soap or candle wax) to make it better. Or it could be that the parts are just worn out. LV sells hardwood replacements so it could be a simple swap out. Take out the drawer and get it a closeup view.
Thank you for the response. Forgive my ignorance, what is LV?
Sr. Member
Aug 4, 2006
604 posts
267 upvotes
GTA - Gwilly
Lampsy wrote: Thank you for the response. Forgive my ignorance, what is LV?
Lee Valley as The Great Gas replied .
Member
User avatar
Dec 18, 2017
217 posts
117 upvotes
GVA
2flags wrote: Lee Valley as The Great Gas replied .
Ya, that is what my wife calls me after "burrito night".
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
11687 posts
6603 upvotes
Markham
Really really wished Princess Auto would post stock levels and "in-store location (aisle number)" of stuff like home Depot does now. I'm always wandering thru that store trying to find stuff.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 9, 2009
2381 posts
741 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Here's a YT vid re converting the shelf to drawers. I'm going to do this.

If she makes a youtube video then she should be wearing safety glasses while using /circular sawjigsaw/mitre saw/nailgun or other powertools

Anything can go wrong and u don’t want to lose your eyesight
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9416 posts
4871 upvotes
Paris
gr8dlr wrote: Here's a YT vid re converting the shelf to drawers. I'm going to do this.

I did this about 10 years ago. I found the best shims were actually a dowel rod so you can cut off the right amount you need to shim the drawer perfectly. I also used cabinet grade ply and poly-ed it for my house, then for my parents I used cheaper cabinet grade ply and just painted them. Whenever I do them for friends now I just paint them, as its super easy to clean and they are inside cupboards, not visible all the time.

Also, these are significantly cheaper at Brant Custom Wood for those of you within an hour of them (Toronto to London). https://www.bcwlumberandplywood.com/pro ... er-slides/
Member
Apr 14, 2017
482 posts
710 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
I bought a bunch of Richelieu ones, 14" and 22" but never got around to doing the project. Anyone need any for 10 and 15$ respectively? I'm in Montreal, PM me.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
11687 posts
6603 upvotes
Markham
Jerico wrote: I did this about 10 years ago. I found the best shims were actually a dowel rod so you can cut off the right amount you need to shim the drawer perfectly. I also used cabinet grade ply and poly-ed it for my house, then for my parents I used cheaper cabinet grade ply and just painted them. Whenever I do them for friends now I just paint them, as its super easy to clean and they are inside cupboards, not visible all the time.

Also, these are significantly cheaper at Brant Custom Wood for those of you within an hour of them (Toronto to London). https://www.bcwlumberandplywood.com/pro ... er-slides/
Brant Custom Wood - excellent everyday low price...the 22" is $9.50 [$9 each if you buy 10]. How do they sell it so cheap everyday?

Princess Auto on sale is better at $8.49 ea for the 22" when it's 50% off.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
11687 posts
6603 upvotes
Markham
For ppl reading this thread...Ana White posted a new way to do the drawers and this way is easier IMO.

We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Top