[Costco] $6.99 Michelin Front Wiper Blades

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2020 11:57 am
[OP]
Oct 18, 2020
3 posts
51 upvotes

[Costco] $6.99 Michelin Front Wiper Blades

Costco has its regular $3 off Michelin wiper blades promotion back just in time to change them before winter hits (winter officially starts December 21 Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes)!

Michelin Wipers.png

I believe the last time this was on sale was at the start of March 2020.

Warehouse price is $9.99 - $3.00 = $6.99 (before tax).

Costco.ca online price is $15.99 - $3.00 = $12.99 (before tax). (This price includes shipping and handling charges.)

Price valid from 11/30/2020 to 12/06/2020.
89 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9544 posts
2819 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Michelin Front Wiper Blades
These won’t work on rear window wipers?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Dec 17, 2017
98 posts
154 upvotes
What’s everyone’s experience with these. They seem to streak a lot for me.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9393 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
theperfectpic20 wrote: What’s everyone’s experience with these. They seem to streak a lot for me.
YMMV depending on the car/window. They work fine for me.

You can always return it if it sucks.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1713 posts
1096 upvotes
Toronto
JCCRFD wrote: YMMV depending on the car/window. They work fine for me.

You can always return it if it sucks.
This. Worked great on my Mazda. Terrible on Civic.
Nov 21, 2015
46 posts
194 upvotes
theperfectpic20 wrote: What’s everyone’s experience with these. They seem to streak a lot for me.
I've been using them since just before the last time they were on sale (back in March) and they're just now beginning to streak for me.

And it seems like they only have size 14 inches and up, so it'll probably too long for the rear wiper?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
18351 posts
6526 upvotes
They work okay for a while.
They are nothing special but the price is right.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3815 posts
1090 upvotes
Will pick up another set. Best bang for the buck if your car doesn't have replaceable inserts.
Last edited by CorSter on Dec 1st, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 20, 2019
414 posts
1120 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
I tried this blade and another michellin blade, but I get alot of hi pitch annoying squeaking sound. Then again what can you expect from a 7$ set when bosch are costing 2-3x the price.
Last edited by Patrickpete on Dec 1st, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1521 posts
1539 upvotes
I have a 17 cx-5 and I use these. Mazda uses a different clip so I just strip the rubber of and replace the old rubber but keep original arm. Works for front and rear. Fits perfectly. I am sure this can be done with other brands too.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11788 posts
1524 upvotes
Toronto
VertigoM wrote: This. Worked great on my Mazda. Terrible on Civic.
Which gen Civic? I have a 2011 and these wipers work fine. No worse than stock wipers.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1713 posts
1096 upvotes
Toronto
board123 wrote: Which gen Civic? I have a 2011 and these wipers work fine. No worse than stock wipers.
Interesting. How long have you had them on? Mine is a 2012 and started to chatter/streak after a couple months. I replaced it and it did the same with new pair after a few months of light usage.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11788 posts
1524 upvotes
Toronto
VertigoM wrote: Interesting. How long have you had them on? Mine is a 2012 and started to chatter/streak after a couple months. I replaced it and it did the same with new pair after a few months of light usage.
My current set is nearly 2 years old now, and I use my wipers very liberally. They actually seem to last longer than the OEM inserts I used to buy. Could it be that you have some gunk or residue on your windshield that doesn't play nice with these wipers?
Nov 23, 2010
68 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary
You typically have to change these out once a year, not bad. They get worse if you have stone chips, etc on your windshield, happens with mine.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3224 posts
4699 upvotes
Langley, BC
I find them perfect for my cars.

Just keep your windows clean (use rubbing alcohol and a microfiber towel) and then apply rain-x and also be sure to clean the wipers well.

2 years later and my 1st pair are still acting as new.
Aug 25, 2017
99 posts
35 upvotes
MexiCanuck wrote: These won’t work on rear window wipers?
I have same question. My rear wiper needs replacement
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2465 posts
2015 upvotes
Montreal, QC
board123 wrote: Which gen Civic? I have a 2011 and these wipers work fine. No worse than stock wipers.
On any civic after 2006, you are better off buying the stock refills from Honda. They are like $10 each, they last a lot longer and I find they do a better job.
Driver side: https://torontohondaparts.com/Part.aspx ... 22-SNA-A01
PAssenger side: https://torontohondaparts.com/Part.aspx ... 32-SNA-A01

Obviously, that assumes you knew about the availability of refills for these and didn't chuck away your original wipers.
Wife's 2006 civic still has original blades, and I replace the rubbers every 2 years or so, and they work perfectly.

On an old Malibu, the Michelin's worked well. On my 2004 Accord, they were OK, but find the Bosch Snow driver and the Anco Winter Extreme blades work better. I usually get 1 or 2 extra spare pairs when I order stuff from RockAuto, since they are the cheapest.

These work well on some cars, but not as well on others, depending on the shape of the windshield.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11788 posts
1524 upvotes
Toronto
Emporium wrote: On any civic after 2006, you are better off buying the stock refills from Honda. They are like $10 each, they last a lot longer and I find they do a better job.
Driver side: https://torontohondaparts.com/Part.aspx ... 22-SNA-A01
PAssenger side: https://torontohondaparts.com/Part.aspx ... 32-SNA-A01

Obviously, that assumes you knew about the availability of refills for these and didn't chuck away your original wipers.
Wife's 2006 civic still has original blades, and I replace the rubbers every 2 years or so, and they work perfectly.

On an old Malibu, the Michelin's worked well. On my 2004 Accord, they were OK, but find the Bosch Snow driver and the Anco Winter Extreme blades work better. I usually get 1 or 2 extra spare pairs when I order stuff from RockAuto, since they are the cheapest.

These work well on some cars, but not as well on others, depending on the shape of the windshield.
The refills have increased a lot in price. They were originally around $16 for a set around the time when I bought my car. Nowadays, a set will run you about $25.
May 1, 2012
3 posts
1 upvote
WINDSOR
with my experience on these, on my edge the passenger side takes 20" and they are perfectly fine. The drivers side takes 26" and they are terrible. Keeps jumping and making annoying sounds even the new ones.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)