Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 24, 2016
1 posts
Vancouver, BC

Which 6-Month Strategy is Best?

Hi there - mid 20s newbie here...

All around the same time, I had: closed my accounts at my old bank, sold my assets within a mutual fund held by my old bank, set up a TD e-series account with Waterhouse, opened up my new accounts at Tangerine to take advantage of their conveniently enacted 6-month 2.4% promo interest rate.

Should I: 1) Keep my funds within Tangerine's savings account? or, 2) transfer my money over to TD e-series and put them in portfolios that I had settled on months ago? Those portfolios would be couch potato's 'aggressive' and 'balanced' model portfolios. My investment is $50000 which would be split 70/30, respectively.

A formula here, I know, would be to use a bit of basic math... I'm more interested in hearing what you educated folks think about the state and future of the model portfolios I have selected at TD in relation to the fixed 2.4% return at Tangerine.

Gracias!
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2008
6275 posts
2747 upvotes
Toronto
If you need money in 6 months, keep it with Tangerine. As a general rule of thumb, if you need money in < 10 years, don't invest in equities.
-