Expired Group Deals

$60 for a New One-Year Gold Star Costco Membership with a $10 Cash Card and More ($118.98 Value),

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2017 2:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3170 posts
5627 upvotes
Laval

$60 for a New One-Year Gold Star Costco Membership with a $10 Cash Card and More ($118.98 Value),

The Deal
•$60 for a one-year Gold Star Membership package for new members ($118.98 value)

The package includes:
•One-year Costco Gold Star Membership ($60 value)
•Free membership card for a spouse
•$10 Costco Cash Card
•$20 off when you spend $100 or more on Costco.ca
•Free Kirkland Signature milk chocolate almonds ($14.99 value)
•Free Kirkland Signature whole bean coffee ($13.99 value)

A Gold Star Membership card grants freedom to purchase products at any Costco warehouse around the world, as well as from Costco.ca. Members also receive a free spouse card, to be used by a spouse or family member aged 18 or older living at the same address.

The Fine Print

Expiry: August 20, 2017.
Limitations: 1 coupon per person. Valid for new Costco memberships and memberships that have been expired for more than 12 months.
Other conditions: Cannot be combined with other offers. Redeem in-warehouse. Not valid for renewals. View additional terms. Information submitted to the Costco.ca website and Costco membership is subject to Membership Conditions and Regulations and to Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.’s Customer Privacy Statement. A raincheck may be issued if the promotional item is out of stock during the term of the promotion. See the rules that apply to all deals.
Taxes: Not included, applicable to the amount shown on Groupon.
How it works: 1. Print this voucher 2. Bring the voucher to the Membership Counter at your nearest Costco location. Bring a valid photo government-issued ID with proof of address. 3. Fill out a membership application. 4. Pay for any applicable taxes 5. Receive your membership, Costco Cash Card and coupons from the Membership Clerk. 6. Enjoy.
Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.

https://www.groupon.ca/deals/costco-48
88 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1265 posts
762 upvotes
Hey there, will I be able to activate this card under my name under the following circumstances?
1) Cancel my wife's membership who is the primary costco member and my supplementary card (different card numbers)
2) activate this deal under my name
3) provide a supplementary card for my wife?
Nov 22, 2012
723 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
Limited to GTA?
A happy Oneplus owner and Public Mobile/Fido subscriber.
Mar 12, 2017
52 posts
46 upvotes
Just took the 120$ card yesterday... I guess it's too late for this. I doubt the 2% gives me back 60$ in value in a year.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4260 posts
1177 upvotes
so the including all the extras, the membership is virtually free!
Aug 16, 2013
492 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
So the benefit getting this via Groupon is

C$10 Costco Cash Card
Free Kirkland Signature milk chocolate almonds (C$14.99 value)
Free Kirkland Signature whole bean coffee (C$13.99 value)
Oct 31, 2002
884 posts
26 upvotes
purchased.
thank you
first time costco membership!
Apr 29, 2014
918 posts
279 upvotes
Pickering, ON
igk wrote: purchased.
thank you
first time costco membership!
Same here...
Aug 16, 2015
855 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rafaeel wrote: So the benefit getting this via Groupon is

C$10 Costco Cash Card
Free Kirkland Signature milk chocolate almonds (C$14.99 value)
Free Kirkland Signature whole bean coffee (C$13.99 value)
Yes, its really just about the coupons. Groupon is on the extreme side of misleading by saying there is a discount on the membership AND you get a whole slew of discount coupons. Really the deal is 0% off the membership, but a bunch of coupons that might be a worthwhile deal for some people.
Jul 16, 2006
360 posts
161 upvotes
Didn't they use to give a 20 or 25 dollar gift card? I could be wrong.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13714 posts
4173 upvotes
Toronto
georgep wrote: Yes, its really just about the coupons. Groupon is on the extreme side of misleading by saying there is a discount on the membership AND you get a whole slew of discount coupons. Really the deal is 0% off the membership, but a bunch of coupons that might be a worthwhile deal for some people.
Actually, between the $10 cash card and $20 off $100 purchase coupon, the membership is at least 50% off. Not factoring in what you feel the coffee and chocolates are worth.

It's a great deal but I don't think I'm eligible as I don't think my membership has been expired more than 12 months yet.
Nov 22, 2012
723 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
leolozon wrote: Just took the 120$ card yesterday... I guess it's too late for this. I doubt the 2% gives me back 60$ in value in a year.
I heard somewhere that if you got $120 membership and the cashback is less than $60, you might ask for $60 refund. Not sure if this is true.
SleepyEyez wrote: https://www.groupon.com/deals/costco-me ... ronto-area

That's the link i see... so i think its GTA
I think it is no harm to try, since it says you get refunded if not redeemed by Aug 20.
A happy Oneplus owner and Public Mobile/Fido subscriber.
Nov 13, 2016
445 posts
222 upvotes
My Costco card expires next month. Do you think this will work for me?