• Oct 7th, 2020 8:07 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2108 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Kfox wrote: You can't use this code to buy/renew a membership

or can you?
I bought a new membership and the code looked like it applied with the .01 discount.
May 28, 2013
446 posts
237 upvotes
Laval, QC
qlaval wrote: Signed up on June 12 and haven't received it either.
Was told by Costco that it could take 3-4 weeks.
I call them today, they simply gave me a code over the phone, looks like they'are many members who didn't received their code...
Nov 5, 2018
149 posts
128 upvotes
I signed up and Friday and just got the email with the code this afternoon.
Apr 28, 2019
140 posts
131 upvotes
I signed up on Saturday, and got the voucher for ($60 off $100) about 2 hours ago. Lookout for subject line 'Welcome to Costco'.

As far as auto-renewal $20 voucher discussed above, staff in North York store told me $20 promo (+ barbeque scrapper) is only for those getting that costco credit card.
Public Mobile | Tangerine | HP Instant Ink
Dec 8, 2016
4 posts
I signed up on June 28 but haven't received any code. Emailed Costco and they told me it could take up to 10 business days. I will give them a call in a few days to ask for the code over the phone then.
Jun 23, 2019
21 posts
6 upvotes
Wednesday signed up for membership online
Saturday picked up membership card in person
Today (Monday) received the code in my email
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9233 posts
103 upvotes
GTA
same, got my code today as well.
slammra wrote: Wednesday signed up for membership online
Saturday picked up membership card in person
Today (Monday) received the code in my email
Nov 5, 2018
149 posts
128 upvotes
So I signed up on Friday, I wanted to order a printer. The printer was the same price at Costco ($379) as it was everywhere else, so I ordered it when I got the code this afternoon.

I went to the warehouse a little while later to pickup my membership card, and discovered that the printer I ordered was a stock item in the warehouse for only $299. I immediately checked the fine print on the coupon, which states "Voucher amount will not be reissued if merchandise is returned." I cancelled the order anyways, and received a message they the cancellation attempt was being made. I figured that if the order was cancelled, I could make a strong case to a CS rep that I didn't return the item, I cancelled the order. Either way, I save $20.

Got home and I just got the shipping confirmation from the online order, so I wasn't fast enough on the cancellation. I'm annoyed that I won't get my $60 back and I will have to return the order to the warehouse, but I have to remind myself that I am still saving money here. I know that the warehouse is often cheaper than online, but I really didn't think this would be a stock item, and even if it was I didn't think it would be $80 cheaper than online. Let this be a lesson: If you're near a warehouse and have a use for the $60 coupon, check in-store first.
Mar 25, 2013
247 posts
36 upvotes
What's the title of the email? I'm only getting promotional emails
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1401 posts
757 upvotes
Burnaby
What are you all buying with the online-only coupon? Everything I see appears to be cheaper in-store than online...
May 19, 2005
593 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
NateTO3 wrote: What's the title of the email? I'm only getting promotional emails
Welcome to Costco

Received in a week. Coupon expire Sep 7, 2020.
May 6, 2020
352 posts
231 upvotes
Halifax
I took membership on Sunday afternoon and picked up card at store after 1 hour. got code last night. That's pretty fast.
Jun 15, 2016
281 posts
169 upvotes
I was an existing Costco member with a membership that expired over 18 months ago.

I went ahead and "renewed" my membership online. (same # & card)

When inputting the code, nothing applied, however I went ahead and renewed anyways.

I then emailed Costco membership customer service through the form on the website, under "Membership Customer Services"

I explained them that I went to renew and wanted to use the code however it didn't apply, within 48 hours they replied back that I do qualify and e-mailed me a copy of the code. No hassle.
May 10, 2008
36 posts
53 upvotes
North York
Those who’ve used the promo code already – is the tax supposed to be calculated on the full subtotal instead of the discounted subtotal?
Images
  • EEB0B065-CCB8-4789-BF61-B023E324B356.jpeg
Mar 25, 2013
247 posts
36 upvotes
K10 wrote: Welcome to Costco

Received in a week. Coupon expire Sep 7, 2020.
I got this email:
Congratulations on becoming a Costco Gold Star Member

Did u get it too?