Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] $60 Off $100+ Purchase Online Voucher New Memberships Only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 8:07 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1607 posts
244 upvotes
I printed out the page and took it to Costco (Bridge, Montreal) instead of signing up online, my previous membership had lapsed for several years. While waiting I was asked to sign up for Capital one mastercard, for a $20 coupon plus a free bbq scraper. Not a good deal, I know, but I was assured it would not take extra time and effort. I was given:
  • $60 (off $100 at costco.ca) web only coupon for signing up basic membership (expiry 3 month)
  • $20 (off $100 at costco.ca) web only coupon for signing up automatic renewal (expiry 1 month)
  • $20 (off $100 at costco.ca) web only coupon for signing up Capital one mastercard (expiry 1 month)
Note that costco.ca is quite a bit more expensive and there is an extra surcharge for grocery below $70. I intend to cancel the CC card, I don't see it offering any additional advantage than the Tangerine MC and MBNA MC, which I have. They are all equally bad these days!
Last edited by Error2 on Jul 7th, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 19, 2005
593 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
NateTO3 wrote: I got this email:
Congratulations on becoming a Costco Gold Star Member

Did u get it too?
No congratulation from Costco for me Neutral Face
Costco.PNG
Grab enough stuff over $100, now they want surcharge unless I add the deduct amount $43.94 to be over $75 to avoid the surcharge. I don't have stuff to buy online anymore... :facepalm:
May 25, 2015
35 posts
9 upvotes
nanaimo, bc
Took a week to get my email. And it went to junk.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3171 posts
489 upvotes
Does the membership expire a year from the day you order it online, or a year from the day you pick up the card in store?
Nov 5, 2018
164 posts
142 upvotes
I got my membership on July 3rd online. The website says it expires July 31st, 2020, so it is good until the end of the month you register in.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1129 posts
781 upvotes
Whitby
Catenary wrote: So I signed up on Friday, I wanted to order a printer. The printer was the same price at Costco ($379) as it was everywhere else, so I ordered it when I got the code this afternoon.

I went to the warehouse a little while later to pickup my membership card, and discovered that the printer I ordered was a stock item in the warehouse for only $299. I immediately checked the fine print on the coupon, which states "Voucher amount will not be reissued if merchandise is returned." I cancelled the order anyways, and received a message they the cancellation attempt was being made. I figured that if the order was cancelled, I could make a strong case to a CS rep that I didn't return the item, I cancelled the order. Either way, I save $20.

Got home and I just got the shipping confirmation from the online order, so I wasn't fast enough on the cancellation. I'm annoyed that I won't get my $60 back and I will have to return the order to the warehouse, but I have to remind myself that I am still saving money here. I know that the warehouse is often cheaper than online, but I really didn't think this would be a stock item, and even if it was I didn't think it would be $80 cheaper than online. Let this be a lesson: If you're near a warehouse and have a use for the $60 coupon, check in-store first.
Just call the customer care, they will give you a new coupon. I was in a similar situation last week and had to return the item, so I just requested them whether is it possible to get a new coupon and they did without much fuss. They will verify whether you have used your old coupon and issue a new one.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Nov 5, 2018
164 posts
142 upvotes
abshahul wrote: Just call the customer care, they will give you a new coupon. I was in a similar situation last week and had to return the item, so I just requested them whether is it possible to get a new coupon and they did without much fuss. They will verify whether you have used your old coupon and issue a new one.
Thanks, I'll probably give it a try.
Nov 20, 2006
13 posts
19 upvotes
Markham
maybe YMMV (Ontario, Richmond Hill Costco):
purchased online w/ costcofamily code - received $60 off $100 online purchase voucher
brought email confirmation to front desk and this is the best part:
CSR offered upgrade to Executive Card ($120/yr) and guaranteed cash back of $60 to be mailed in a cheque 2 months before expiry date of membership AND a $25 off $100 online purchase voucher.
Summary:
Regular membership: $60 paid online
Upgrade to executive membership: $120 - $60 already paid online = $60 plus tax to be paid w/ CSR
guaranteed $60 back (pays for my up front fee) and additional $25 off $100 online voucher
I come out $25 ahead in the end and minus taxes on membership if you want to count the last penny.

Did not ask how long this promo lasts. Please refer to your local Costco CSR for further questions.
May 6, 2015
665 posts
166 upvotes
Unionville, ON
I bought the membership online on July 1st and received my code yesterday. Signed up for the mastecard and received a Bbq grill cleaner
Nov 25, 2014
370 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For ppl who are still waiting for their $60 codes, please call up Customer Support and provide them your membership ID and tell them about the promotion, they will check their system and immediately provide the code for the offer which you can use online. Wait time - 4-5 mins.
Dec 8, 2016
4 posts
tintin2k2 wrote: For ppl who are still waiting for their $60 codes, please call up Customer Support and provide them your membership ID and tell them about the promotion, they will check their system and immediately provide the code for the offer which you can use online. Wait time - 4-5 mins.
I signed up on June 28 and I still haven't received the voucher after 2 weeks. Called Costco customer service today at 10am, waited for 30 minutes, then the CSR told me to wait for another week because it could take up to 3 weeks to receive the voucher by email. So I didn't get the code after speaking with Costco. Guess I will be calling them again next Friday then.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21226 posts
2517 upvotes
Toronto
having some trouble signing as a new member - I place the order, goes through and get a cancellation email immediately.

I'm listed on my parent's membership as the seconday cardholder - could this be it?

Though the address I am using is my new home address and new email.....

anyone know if secondary cardholder name prevents signing up as a new member?

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21226 posts
2517 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: having some trouble signing as a new member - I place the order, goes through and get a cancellation email immediately.

I'm listed on my parent's membership as the seconday cardholder - could this be it?

Though the address I am using is my new home address and new email.....

anyone know if secondary cardholder name prevents signing up as a new member?
called Costco customer service and figured it out....

The address being used for the Costco membership needs to be the same as the CC billing address - if different, order will be canceled.

Hope this helps someone...

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1233 posts
75 upvotes
Thanks OP.. just signed up
:idea:
"Our doubts are traitors, And make us lose the good we oft might win By fearing to attempt."
William Shakespeare Measure for Measure

"You have to go in with a winning attitude. It doesn't mean you'll win, but you'll lose a lot less" - Brad Lamb ("Toronto's Condo King")
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6998 posts
3319 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Is the $60 before tax coupon?

Updated: I asked them. It is before tax coupon.
Update again: I've been fooled. I just used the coupon and it is $60 after tax.
So it is in fact a $53.09 coupon in ON.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Jul 11th, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine