Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$689 LG 43UN700-B 43 Inch UHD (3840 X 2160) IPS Display with USB Type-C, 4 HDMI Inputs and HDR10

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2021 8:49 am
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
newfbc wrote: BF was a couple weeks ago.

Ron.
LOL this BD not next BF
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
3580 posts
6290 upvotes
Atlantic
wlee wrote: Tempted, hopefully this will be cheaper on BF
He's not wrong. This product will likely be cheaper on Black Friday 2021.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2161 posts
726 upvotes
I bought this monitor during BF, but I'm returning it. It's just a bit too big for a single display.
Feb 21, 2008
439 posts
218 upvotes
I'm curious to know what RFD'ers think about this monitor and incorporating it in their setup in general.

I was contemplating a long time about getting a large monitor like this for my setup, but I ended up going with a dual monitor setup.

I actually had been eyeing this exact monitor for a while -- great price, thanks OP.
Aug 4, 2018
120 posts
371 upvotes
Depends on your use. You are paying for 4xHDMI inputs. Do you really need this though?

If primarily using it for one laptop for work purposes, I would stick to dual monitors. Hassle trying to manage multiple windows on one screen. Windows plays very well with multiple monitors.
Eniac360 wrote: I'm curious to know what RFD'ers think about this monitor and incorporating it in their setup in general.

I was contemplating a long time about getting a large monitor like this for my setup, but I ended up going with a dual monitor setup.

I actually had been eyeing this exact monitor for a while -- great price, thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
Eniac360 wrote: I was contemplating a long time about getting a large monitor like this for my setup, but I ended up going with a dual monitor setup.
I recently got a super wide screen 49 inch monitor. I had a 3 monitor setup initially; now I've got a 27 inch beside the 49 inch. Best decision ever. I was initially VERY apprehensive about having such a large wide screen monitor, but couldn't be happier.
DavidF41898 wrote: Depends on your use. You are paying for 4xHDMI inputs. Do you really need this though?
Hassle trying to manage multiple windows on one screen.
Not really; number of tools out there for Windows that resolve the multiple windows on one screen issue. Fancyzones makes it a breeze now to snap applications to hot zones, for example.
Aug 4, 2018
120 posts
371 upvotes
I might experiment with Fanzyzones to see if it changes my opinion. How would the screen ratio be on this though vs. dual monitors?

Even if the app works well, I’d still be concerned with the idea that you have one warranty/one monitor that if things go awry with it, you are taking on more risk.

Also, this thing ain’t cheap! I paid about $150 each for my monitors which are based off of Wirecutters’ budget recommendation (Viewsonic).
Konowl wrote: I recently got a super wide screen 49 inch monitor. I had a 3 monitor setup initially; now I've got a 27 inch beside the 49 inch. Best decision ever. I was initially apprehensive about having side a wide screen monitor, but couldn't be happier.

Not really; number of tools out there for Windows that resolve the multiple windows on one screen issue. Fancyzones makes it a breeze now to snap applications to hot zones, for example.
Nov 8, 2020
85 posts
92 upvotes
Ouch on some of the Amazon reviews. The ports options seem amazing but the reviews make me wary.
Some even mention the subsampling issues at which point the TCL 43 would be worth considering for the same size/resolution with less ports.

For anyone wondering, 43" is awesome as a monitor.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
I got the 43in Dell, after having bought the 38in ultrawide and needing another 32in 4k beside it.. So now 3 hodgepodge of monitors at dissimilar physical sizes.

Seems big, would prefer a stand/mount that keeps he monitor flush with the edge of the desk. As even with a 38in desk it feels close.

I do review plans and found it helpful, but is it much more helpful vs the 32in 4k. Not sure to be honest.

I wish these were curved
Last edited by shylok on Jan 5th, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 23, 2005
450 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
goldenrod86 wrote: I had 3 monitors also, reduced it to two with buying last year's model, 43UM7300. Saves space & 4k resolution.
43UM7300 was $418 dec2019.

Review for 43un7300;
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/un7300
I did exactly the same... generally, very happy with it.

Minor complaints:
- sits quite high on my desk; I removed the stand and bought a monitor arm
- seeming contrarily, it's just a bit too small; it's like having 4x 22" monitors - I should have gotten a 49" to have closer to 4x 24"
- there's a small amount of screen bevel at the edges, which bends/hides the picture for a couple of mm

But for the price, very hard to go wrong!

I've been using MaxTo as my tile manager and it's been pretty good.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
I wonder how this compares with a 4K TV counterpart the LG 43UN7000.

Besides the obvious this is a monitor and the other is a TV. I would think they would be closely related except the TV being over $200 cheaper.

Has to be same IPS panel on both, I would expect.
Sep 4, 2017
301 posts
321 upvotes
kenchau wrote: I wonder how this compares with a 4K TV counterpart the LG 43UN7000.

Besides the obvious this is a monitor and the other is a TV. I would think they would be closely related except the TV being over $200 cheaper.

Has to be same IPS panel on both, I would expect.
It should work better than LG's 43" TVs (I have the 43UM7300 as a monitor) as it is probably able to accept 4K60 RGB at 10 or 12 bits through displayport or USB C, depending on the graphics card. (But I'm not 100% sure on that.)
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
superchuko wrote: It should work better than LG's 43" TVs (I have the 43UM7300 as a monitor) as it is probably able to accept 4K60 RGB at 10 or 12 bits through displayport or USB C, depending on the graphics card. (But I'm not 100% sure on that.)
I understand in all likelihood the monitor version is going to maybe have better response time and such compared to the TV equivalent. But I just mean in terms of real usage. If computer gaming, then sure, I understand you'd want the fastest response time possible. But if simply as a larger monitor for typical computer usage or working, then that really boils down to resolution, of which they would both be using the same panel and have the same 4K resolution, so why spend over $200 more for the monitor version unless one absolutely likes the single pedestal look compared to the TV legs haha.
May 26, 2016
165 posts
362 upvotes
43 inch TCL owner checking in. Fastasic format for a desk, especially wall mounted to get it a bit further back.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2721 posts
1788 upvotes
Markham
i bought the Dell version of 43inch(same size as this LG).. personally i find the vertical too high.. makes me dizzy.
for reference, my head was about 3 feet away from the monitor.. so if you plan on getting this, you need to go further than 3 feet, that would be my advice.

the 38inch ultrawide or the 49inch ultrawide dell is much more comfortable for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Using a Samsung 49 Q6FN Special Edition which has the OneConnect for work laptop, desktop (light pc gaming), and TV/multimedia for kids for easy switching between different devices and it's in the upstairs 'office'. Day time it's more of a productive usage and in the evenings my kids use it for netflix or I do light gaming sessions of 30 mins. Great for my personal/family usage.

Got to get used to the vertical height, but once you do, it's nice to have and helps a lot for productivity. Was debating getting an ultrawide, but then would lose out on the TV features for myself and kids in the office/multimedia room.. My wife and I can watch in the living room our shows, while the kids watch their shows upstairs.