Computers & Electronics

$69 for Bell fiber with Alt tv... Is it good?

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 1:00 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 13, 2014
64 posts
16 upvotes
Windsor

$69 for Bell fiber with Alt tv... Is it good?

I stopby near bell store and I got this offer.

1g fiber unlimited download, basic alt tv, no install fee, no contract for $69 + hst(on).

Bell finished fiber line construction around my street..

Are there any chance to get lower price?

Thanks.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6070 posts
3145 upvotes
Mississauga
That’s a pretty good price. Two year contract?

Most Bell FTTH bundle deals have been close to $99. MNSi had been wiring up Windsor with fiber too so maybe this is Bell trying to undercut them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
7016 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
1818588 wrote: I stopby near bell store and I got this offer.

1g fiber unlimited download, basic alt tv, no install fee, no contract for $69 + hst(on).

Bell finished fiber line construction around my street..

Are there any chance to get lower price?

Thanks.
I got the same for 55 tax in via door sales guy. Can't beat the value. Ditched Rogers immediately. Seems to be a race to the bottom at the moment in some neighbourhoods.
May 21, 2008
775 posts
94 upvotes
Ottawa
I have the exact same deal. Don't watch TV but Alt TV does come with 3-4 PPV Channel which sometimes give good content. So far so good with the Service.
Ohh and I do have basic Crave TV with this as well as part of package.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2957 posts
2851 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
They keep calling me trying to get me to sign up for it, so far i've said no. I've had nothing but horrible experiences with CraveTV (low quality, constant buffering, forever to load). This is on Bell's gigabit connection.

Is their AltTV run through the same system/UI as Crave? Or would it be higher quality and/or a better experience?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
7016 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
Ecsta wrote: They keep calling me trying to get me to sign up for it, so far i've said no. I've had nothing but horrible experiences with CraveTV (low quality, constant buffering, forever to load). This is on Bell's gigabit connection.

Is their AltTV run through the same system/UI as Crave? Or would it be higher quality and/or a better experience?
Crave is garbage period, internet though is fine and a steal at this price.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1261 posts
734 upvotes
Waterloo
I'm actually a big fan of their Alt TV service - it's cheap and works well on my Fire Stick and on different laptops/desktops throughout the house. Dead simple set up, pick and pay channels and easy navigation. I was looking for a cheap alternative earlier this year to my Rogers Cable package that would allow me to add Indian channels for my parents and Alt TV was the easiest way to do it.

Is it more expensive than IPTV subs? Sure; I was considering getting an IPTV setup but I couldn't be bothered to evaluate random services hoping to find one with a consistent quality and uptime. Besides, in my opinion it's not too much more than an IPTV service, is more reliable and legit, and it has all the channels we need anyway. Their Gigabit internet is also hella fast and the price was right. Never thought I'd say that about Bell but good service is good service. For context I've been with Bell for about 4 months now and everything is working perfectly.

Crave is okay, I'm using it for Game of Thrones right now but don't see myself using it much afterwards although the non-HBO stuff is free and included so you can't really go wrong.
Mar 23, 2008
787 posts
37 upvotes
Scarborough
I've got Bell Fibe 1GB with Alt TV service but their Home Hub 3000 WIFI kills the whole package. I get 25MBPS down on the second floor with full signal on all my mobile and laptop devices...