Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
7-11

7-11 - Bring your own mug for a free hot beverage fill - Sundays and Mondays

21 replies
Aug 7, 2016
119 posts
98 upvotes
Burlington
It used to be on the deals page and now it's not? I've seen this on Facebook though recently. Why would they hype up the November 15th free fill promotion so much though, if they do it every Sun-Mon?
Dec 28, 2005
411 posts
777 upvotes
Toronto
No need to buy a coffee first. Fill your own mug. Got one at Toronto - Bay and Richmond 7-11 tonight.
ahlong wrote: So it aint free you have to buy coffee first!
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
zekester wrote: No need to buy a coffee first. Fill your own mug. Got one at Toronto - Bay and Richmond 7-11 tonight.
Cool if so ... cuz their Twitter says "Free Coffee Refills ... Sundays - Mondays"
Aug 7, 2016
119 posts
98 upvotes
Burlington
Nah refills just means a fill. How could they possibly monitor if it's your second drink or not, unless they make you down it in store Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 22, 2006
807 posts
1676 upvotes
I was told by a customer service rep from 7-11 that I had to buy their mug to get the free refills and discounted refills when their sign in the window explicitly did not say anything about buying one of their travel mugs. I was charged the full refill price for the coffee when I used my own mug. I was not impressed.
Sep 24, 2004
380 posts
107 upvotes
East York
Anybody gets free drinks this weekend?
Dec 28, 2005
411 posts
777 upvotes
Toronto
Yes. Hot chocolate this morning at 328 Yonge St. (Yonge and Dundas - Toronto)
chowjam wrote: Anybody gets free drinks this weekend?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
canlabman wrote: I was told by a customer service rep from 7-11 that I had to buy their mug to get the free refills and discounted refills when their sign in the window explicitly did not say anything about buying one of their travel mugs. I was charged the full refill price for the coffee when I used my own mug. I was not impressed.
Sad...Doesn't the poster show all kinds of non-711 mugs?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Jul 22, 2006
807 posts
1676 upvotes
minimalist wrote: Sad...Doesn't the poster show all kinds of non-711 mugs?
You are correct, but the email I got from a customer service rep ignored that blatant fact. I haven't gone back to 7-11 to try to take advantage of this deal as I don't want to get burned again. It was actually a pretty sad response that made no sense. I was not impressed.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
canlabman wrote: You are correct, but the email I got from a customer service rep ignored that blatant fact. I haven't gone back to 7-11 to try to take advantage of this deal as I don't want to get burned again. It was actually a pretty sad response that made no sense. I was not impressed.
I sometimes find that 7-11 cashiers are not aware of their own promotions.

For example, when I visited with my own mug on Nov. 15 no one including the manager was aware of the free coffee promo that day. Also, they took down the poster for that promo a few days before the promo started and replaced it with another promo.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
3164 posts
26407 upvotes
Toronto
worked today at Yonge & Sheppard location.
Jul 22, 2006
807 posts
1676 upvotes
minimalist wrote: I sometimes find that 7-11 cashiers are not aware of their own promotions.

For example, when I visited with my own mug on Nov. 15 no one including the manager was aware of the free coffee promo that day. Also, they took down the poster for that promo a few days before the promo started and replaced it with another promo.
I agree the cashiers are kept in the dark about things, but here is the email response I received from customer service after calling in to complain.....

"Sorry for the confusion around the coffee refill.Our big sign says by a refill mug and get free refills Monday and .50 cents Tuesday to Saturday but the little sign is showing all mugs its confusing to the staff.We will put in a email to get proper instruction.Once again I apologize for the unclear message. "

This message was even more unclear as the big sign said nothing about buying a refill mug. Notice how the customer service rep can't use the proper word for buy. I gave up as after reading that response, I realized nobody really knows what's going on.
Sep 24, 2004
380 posts
107 upvotes
East York
canlabman wrote: I agree the cashiers are kept in the dark about things, but here is the email response I received from customer service after calling in to complain.....

"Sorry for the confusion around the coffee refill.Our big sign says by a refill mug and get free refills Monday and .50 cents Tuesday to Saturday but the little sign is showing all mugs its confusing to the staff.We will put in a email to get proper instruction.Once again I apologize for the unclear message. "

This message was even more unclear as the big sign said nothing about buying a refill mug. Notice how the customer service rep can't use the proper word for buy. I gave up as after reading that response, I realized nobody really knows what's going on.
So the free refills is only Monday and not "Sunday and Monday" according to customer service
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
canlabman wrote: I agree the cashiers are kept in the dark about things, but here is the email response I received from customer service after calling in to complain.....

Yeah, I basically gave up on the refill thing too. Too much hassle just for a free coffee.

I much prefer the free coffee weeks (next one is Dec. 11-16) because you can scan the app and get a free star. Then I can use the stars for a free slurpee for my kid!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
Bump
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)