Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24399 posts
33438 upvotes
Toronto

7/13 - Ford Bronco launch event

I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
111 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2129 posts
749 upvotes
Beat the Jeep, so we have more choices in hard bone suv.
<signature removed>
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2279 posts
1855 upvotes
Toronto
From what I've read the old Bronco had poor reliability, so I wouldn't go running out to buy this in the first MY, after all this is a Ford. I must admit it looks nice.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1162 posts
1161 upvotes
Toronto
I hope they have a model with a V8. Would highly consider it.

If its using the ecoboost, im running the other way
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8435 posts
5315 upvotes
Mississauga
What platform is it built on?

Given the current environment, I highly doubt a V8 will be available
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2129 posts
749 upvotes
mrweather wrote: What platform is it built on?

Given the current environment, I highly doubt a V8 will be available
Ranger platform.
Should be all kinda of turbo econboost for engine like ranger.
<signature removed>
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8435 posts
5315 upvotes
Mississauga
So then a V8 is pretty much not happening.

If it was based on the F series there might be hope. :)
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
2371 posts
3090 upvotes
Bull Dog wrote: From what I've read the old Bronco had poor reliability, so I wouldn't go running out to buy this in the first MY, after all this is a Ford. I must admit it looks nice.
The last Bronco model year was 24 years ago - do you really think there is any statistical reliability connection between vehicles that have no commonality other than the logo on the grill?
mrweather wrote: So then a V8 is pretty much not happening.

If it was based on the F series there might be hope. :)
Well, other than providing a V-8, an F-series based Bronco would be way to heavy for the target market. Then again, how many of those supposed competitive target Jeeps are actually used for severe off-road tasks? Driving over boulders or curbs?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
50034 posts
14082 upvotes
ONTARIO
robsaw wrote: The last Bronco model year was 24 years ago - do you really think there is any statistical reliability connection between vehicles that have no commonality other than the logo on the grill?

Well, other than providing a V-8, an F-series based Bronco would be way to heavy for the target market. Then again, how many of those supposed competitive target Jeeps are actually used for severe off-road tasks? Driving over boulders or curbs?
At pacific mall i saw a mighty jeep drive over the curb and park on a grassy area.

Yah parking is a mad house there.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19286 posts
2983 upvotes
Woodbridge
I'm stunned!

Except for the Seats, I'm very impressed with the job Ford did with the new Bronco.

Too bad, I'm not the outdoor type. LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1731 posts
1771 upvotes
Very impressed by Ford. Looks like they have a massive home run on their hands. Beats the Jeep in pretty much everything on paper.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3147 posts
1720 upvotes
AB
Hindenburg1 wrote: Very impressed by Ford. Looks like they have a massive home run on their hands. Beats the Jeep in pretty much everything on paper.
Jeep introduced the 6.4L V8 concept this morning, so they are firing back. Bronco looks awsome. Too bad about the pricing though. Top trim one is looking like $75,000-80,000 OTD
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2766 posts
1232 upvotes
Burnaby
Looks good, i'm guessing we'll see a flood of those Bronco sports on the road. Wonder what they'll do with the Escape.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2007
1172 posts
685 upvotes
Toronto
Surprised nobody posted this yet.

Cuz that's what I think of whenever someone says Ford Bronco.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1357 posts
1212 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
amplified wrote: Looks good, i'm guessing we'll see a flood of those Bronco sports on the road. Wonder what they'll do with the Escape.
Escape still has a place at the table. Looks great, lots of efficient power-train options. Lower pricing. Needs to fill in for the absence of Fusion/Focus.

The Fiesta based Ecosport however is a piece of trash. Maybe we will see a "Focus Cross" of some sort.