Expired Hot Deals

[7 Eleven] Get a free $25 Cineplex gift card when you buy a $100 Amazon.ca gift card

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 1:39 am
Sep 8, 2011
47 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary, AB
GingerC691 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2019 5:30 pm
This is still live in Calgary. Just went to the 7-11 on Acadia drive and Southland drive.
Just tried and they said that the promo had ended :(
Mar 31, 2009
225 posts
190 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan
cheelos wrote:
Jul 5th, 2019 11:52 am
And you’re just angry that you weren’t part of the herd?
Well, it's ******* who literally BUY OUT AN ENTIRE STORE who deserve grief. As one user in TO mentioned, one store let someone buy 30 cards. And that's just the only one we know about.

Even more galling is - as someone else pointed out - the cards aren't limited to a fixed value. BOTH CARDS are rechargeable - so even if you wanted to buy 500/1000/5000 worth of cards, you didn't have to buy 1 card for every $100! Well, up to $500 each on the Amazon cards. So did this a-hole buy $3000 worth of cards, or $15,000 worth of cards? And you know someone buying that many is just curbing them - he'll resell the Cineplex cards for $10-20 each.

I'm angry because I did try to benefit from the promotion and 7-11's incompetence denied me receiving anything- the only local store I went to had no Cineplex cards to even start the promo, plus clearly many people abused it for profit. If you go see a lot of movies and you bought $400-500 worth of Amazon cards for personal use, great no problem I don't begrudge you that. Buying $1000+ just to resell the Cineplex cards for profit, that's where I get angry.

Again in the end, this all comes back on 7-11; they clearly had no preparation whatsoever for this. Stores without any cards at all, and letting people buy unlimited numbers, then chickening out after vastly overselling in the first day.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6727 posts
1330 upvotes
T dot 6
AmRando wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 3:51 pm
I'm angry because I did try to benefit from the promotion and 7-11's incompetence denied me receiving anything
The majority of people were in your situation in that they didn't get the deal. RFD is incredibly popular and the best deal are dead within hours of posting. If you are going get mad every time you miss a very hot deal, you are going to be in a constant state of anger.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Mar 31, 2009
225 posts
190 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan

This small-town location had no cards in stock BEFORE THE PROMOTION EVEN STARTED. ..*

I had to explain to them what it was, and how it worked because they had no documentation and no promos up in the store, and only the manager was aware of it. So clearly, there was no preparation whatsoever even though this was supposedly a national promotion.

Last edited by MrDisco on Jul 14th, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Chill out
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8687 posts
1243 upvotes
Victoria
AmRando wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 3:39 pm

This small-town location had no cards in stock BEFORE THE PROMOTION EVEN STARTED. ..*

I had to explain to them what it was, and how it worked because they had no documentation and no promos up in the store, and only the manager was aware of it. So clearly, there was no preparation whatsoever even though this was supposedly a national promotion.

To be fair, didn't the promotion last a day. I got in on it pretty early in the morning here, but the clerk didn't know about it, looked it up, and got a manager (or someone more senior) to show her how to key in. The thing was supposed to last a month, but it got annihilated on it's first day. They didn't really get a chance to catch up with it.
Mar 31, 2009
225 posts
190 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan
zod wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 8:59 pm
To be fair, didn't the promotion last a day. I got in on it pretty early in the morning here, but the clerk didn't know about it, looked it up, and got a manager (or someone more senior) to show her how to key in. The thing was supposed to last a month, but it got annihilated on it's first day. They didn't really get a chance to catch up with it.
Yeah, as I said. People in Toronto annihilated it by clearing out entire stores singlehandedly, probably just to resell them for profit. As I mentioned, I had ONE STORE locally, and it wasn't cost-effective to drive 50km to try another store.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8687 posts
1243 upvotes
Victoria
AmRando wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 12:30 am
Yeah, as I said. People in Toronto annihilated it by clearing out entire stores singlehandedly, probably just to resell them for profit. As I mentioned, I had ONE STORE locally, and it wasn't cost-effective to drive 50km to try another store.
I understand that. I was defending the 7-11 staff. People crapping on them for not being prepared for the promo, but it was day 1 of a month long promo. They barely had time read their morning promo sheet before the RFD twister happened, and the promo abruptly ended. If anything I don't think 7-11 was prepared for quality and popularity of the dead.