• Mar 6th, 2018 3:28 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 19, 2015
34 posts
59 upvotes

[7 Eleven] Sanpellegrino Tea can -- Feb 28 only

App holder only. One day only. Decent tea.
Images
  • upload.png
15 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3707 posts
9712 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Thanks OP.

Based upon the past few weeks and this offer, it's starting to look like the former Freebie Fridays at 7 Eleven are now FreeDay Wednesdays.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3753 posts
1256 upvotes
Ontario
My SanPellegrino offer has disappeared! Replaced by "Win 1,000,000 Points!"
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
13778 posts
5608 upvotes
minimalist wrote: My SanPellegrino offer has disappeared! Replaced by "Win 1,000,000 Points!"
Yep ... I noticed it yesterday ... last night (among deals there ... on my own .. without this thread).

And now it's gone for some reason :(

What gives?

Maybe it'll still come back?

P.S.

It's not replaced by "Win 1,000,00 points" ... "Win 1,000,00 points" was there previously ... I saw that one yesterday together with the tea one mentioned in OP.

But now tea is gone ... and the contest for points still there ... totally different promo.
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
13778 posts
5608 upvotes
There is a phone number on their web site ...

Gonna call them now ... and ask what's up with this deal :)
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
13778 posts
5608 upvotes
Darkman wrote: There is a phone number on their web site ...

Gonna call them now ... and ask what's up with this deal :)
Called there ... and was on hold for a while ..

Finally got a rep on the phone ... and she knew nothing about this (not even sure if she was in Canada or not, as they cover few countries including Canada).

She ended up opening a ticket / case number for me ... collected all the relevant promo info from me, including my email and 7 eleven ID number from the app.

And told me someone from management or wherever should contact me in the next few days .. 3 to 4 or 7 days maybe ... possibly via email ...

So see how it plays out lol.

By then Feb 28 date will be surely long over ...

Would be nice if that deal magically appeared tomorrow (28th) again ... but not really holding my breath for it. ))
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5826 posts
1302 upvotes
Toronto
The promo not showing up on my account either
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
585 upvotes
Good luck with 7 eleven tickets. I'm still waiting to hear back from a ticket two years ago.

Not sure what is going on with this promo.. but I did notice a few months back when there was a free coffee in the app that it also disappeared just before the live date, then reappeared half way through the promised day of the offer.

Just looked (Feb 28 AM) and the tea offer is still MIA, but it's probably worth double checking late in the day to see if it reappears as happened with the other promo.
Last edited by ElroyJetson on Feb 28th, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9942 posts
4598 upvotes
Toronto
Did someone Twitter or reach out to them on IG ?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
585 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: Did someone Twitter or reach out to them on IG ?
A quick Google search says no.. go ahead and tweet them @7ElevenCanada
Feb 28, 2018
1 posts
I noticed the advertising on Friday Feb 23 2018 and told my friend immediately. We both received emails from other trusted Freebies promotional sites. We also checked on the 7/eleven app and it was there as well. It was only available in Canada and when I pressed the link for the closest store, it came up with the 2 in this area(including address) . I received a few more reminders during the weekend and up to Tuesday. On Wednesday. we went to our 7/eleven where they knew nothing about the promotion. I did not make a scene at the store despite wasting my gas going out of the way to do this. I followed that up with a call to the Head office when I got back where I put in some questions they were not able to answer. They informed me they would get ahold of the area manager to figure this out. The answer from the area manager (who called me at 8;30 pm which I did thank her for ) and she also said she had no knowledge of the promotion. She explained she would pass on my concerns regarding false advertising to the lawyers so they could follow up on the situation.Sooooo........7/eleven/Southland says they did not put out any promotion in this field. Did they do it on purpose to draw us into the store ? (it worked).Is there a severe lack of communication between the head office and the store managers/area managers? Even redflagdeals had it on this site (now showing under the expired deals when we checked about 1/2 hour ago) had the deal. I do not believe redflagdeals and the other trusted freebie sites were hacked to put in this particular promotion to a select few (those who have taken time to express themselves in this forum) or did 7eleven pull a fast one? I am now waiting to hear from the area manager with a update (although not sure if she will receive feedback from the legal representation of 7/eleven.) Either way this is not fair to the customers of 7/eleven or the freebie sites that advertised it.So I guess a RED FLAG is waranted on this advertising promotion.
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
585 upvotes
Sounds like 7-11 posted this offer on the wrong date.

In typical 7-11 fashion, no one there notice their mistake for an extended period of time. Then they pulled it at the last minute without
explanation to the thousands of people who had seen the offer by then. This is a known M.O. for 7-11 they've done this at least three times in the last few months.

Another RFD member posted the reply he got from 7-11 in this thread.