Expired Hot Deals

7 Eleven

Locked: Slurpee fill up your cup for $2.49 (May 13 & 14)

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2022 11:45 pm
Mar 6, 2019
439 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
canlabman wrote: Yes, and making comments that have nothing to do with the deal at hand will help the obesity level in this country. /s

Some think it's their job to lecture others on the health aspects of every deal that involves anything that has sugar in it and spread the old misinformed trope of sugar being the cause of diabetes.
If it deters someone from over indulging then absolutely!

Obesity will be a burden on our already overloaded healthcare system, people should be shamed into healthier habits.
Jul 22, 2006
540 posts
938 upvotes
OleSolskjaer wrote: If it deters someone from over indulging then absolutely!

Obesity will be a burden on our already overloaded healthcare system, people should be shamed into healthier habits.
Oh give it a break already. Take your holier than thou attitudes somewhere else. This is a forum for dare I say it DEALS and not health lectures although some people think it's their place to preach the same thing over and over.

Oh by the way, shaming doesn't work. It's attitudes like yours that doesn't help with the root cause of why people eat and drink the way they do but if it helps you feel superior, go right ahead.

It's a good deal that I will not partake of because of a choice I make in what I eat and drink and not someone trying to shame me.
Mar 6, 2019
439 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
canlabman wrote: Oh give it a break already. Take your holier than thou attitudes somewhere else. This is a forum for dare I say it DEALS and not health lectures although some people think it's their place to preach the same thing over and over.

Oh by the way, shaming doesn't work. It's attitudes like yours that doesn't help with the root cause of why people eat and drink the way they do but if it helps you feel superior, go right ahead.

It's a good deal that I will not partake of because of a choice I make in what I eat and drink and not someone trying to shame me.
It doesn’t make me feel superior, I want people to be the best version of themselves. You can call me an a-hole, you’d be right, but I don’t think this “fat positivity” movement will help our healthcare system and society as a whole.

I know the feeling, I was a fat kid early high school. I lost 70 pounds after I had enough of the comments, started going to the gym 6 days a week following a PPL routine, went for runs, and ate better.

Got into the best shape of my life, my anxiety was gone, my confidence was unstoppable, I was getting attention from everyone, I loved it. Now I can tell when I’m overindulging, getting too lazy, and remember where I came from.

I want people to feel like that.

I never would have gotten to that point if I had a bunch of yes men saying “you go big boy, chug that soda”.

This will be removed soon anyway, so will agree to disagree. I apologize for being a prick.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3567 posts
2532 upvotes
why apologize? You simply care enough to mention it. Those who will listen listen, others figure it out years after it is too late.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3291 posts
469 upvotes
CALGARY
canlabman wrote:
The Frosters did not do that, you and your family using free will decided that path unless Circle K forced them down your throat which I'm 100 percent sure they didn't.

I am so sick and tired of the uninformed ignorant diabetes comments. I say this as a diabetic of 28 years who happens to know a few things from reading and talking to my medical professionals.
Chill bro, Diabetes has most definitely contributed to your temper. Like Circle K didn't force anyone to drink their Frosters, I'm not shoving my opinion down your throat. Take it or leave it FFS.

As for me, the last thing I need is an advice from a vetern diabetic, I would do everything you didn't do.
  • Zoomer : $45/7GB subscriber ($50 Ref + $150 welcome) + Pixel 4A
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2333 posts
2467 upvotes
Surrey
OleSolskjaer wrote: It doesn’t make me feel superior, I want people to be the best version of themselves. You can call me an a-hole, you’d be right, but I don’t think this “fat positivity” movement will help our healthcare system and society as a whole.

I know the feeling, I was a fat kid early high school. I lost 70 pounds after I had enough of the comments, started going to the gym 6 days a week following a PPL routine, went for runs, and ate better.

Got into the best shape of my life, my anxiety was gone, my confidence was unstoppable, I was getting attention from everyone, I loved it. Now I can tell when I’m overindulging, getting too lazy, and remember where I came from.

I never would have gotten to that point if I had a bunch of yes men saying “you go big boy, chug that soda”.

This will be removed soon anyway, so will agree to disagree. I apologize for being a prick.
It’s amazing how your anxiety was gone after you lost weight. I had a similar situation where I was fat at around 200 lbs and have lost about 50lbs, yet my anxiety hasn’t gone away despite me trying to improve my self confidence. Granted other factors in my life have also contributed to my anxiety, but I wish just losing weight would’ve allowed for my anxiety to just “go away”.

On another note, I agree that the fat positivity, for Women in particular, has gone too far
Jul 22, 2006
540 posts
938 upvotes
Mrbj wrote: Chill bro, Diabetes has most definitely contributed to your temper. Like Circle K didn't force anyone to drink their Frosters, I'm not shoving my opinion down your throat. Take it or leave it FFS.

As for me, the last thing I need is an advice from a vetern diabetic, I would do everything you didn't do.
Interesting assumption but totally incorrect. I'm tired of the ignorance of so many out here who want to shame.

Maybe you should take advice from a veteran diabetic because I have become educated and informed over the years and have consulted medical professionals. As a veteran diabetic I know way more than you about diabetes and treatments and what to do and not to do.

Seems you are the one with the temper. You know nothing about why I have diabetes, so doing everything I "didn't do" is quite an ignorant comment but doesn't surprise me because you know what happens when you make assumptions.
Jul 22, 2006
540 posts
938 upvotes
OleSolskjaer wrote: It doesn’t make me feel superior, I want people to be the best version of themselves. You can call me an a-hole, you’d be right, but I don’t think this “fat positivity” movement will help our healthcare system and society as a whole.

It's interesting that you felt the need to be a "prick" in a forum for......and I will say it again DEALS and then apologize yet not apologize.

I really don't care what you did to make your life better. Everyone is different and this is not the place to pull your crap.

Thankfully it will be going to Expired Deals soon so as to be moved away from the oh so righteous.
Mar 6, 2019
439 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
canlabman wrote: It's interesting that you felt the need to be a "prick" in a forum for......and I will say it again DEALS and then apologize yet not apologize.

I really don't care what you did to make your life better. Everyone is different and this is not the place to pull your crap.

Thankfully it will be going to Expired Deals soon so as to be moved away from the oh so righteous.
Sure thing mate
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2839 posts
666 upvotes
Got a 6l cambro today for the family to share. No problems
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1925 posts
1154 upvotes
Edmonton
Hahahah good ol RFD lectures.

Wheres the pics of everyones creativity. I've seen blender jugs, old Costco Potato Salad containers. Amazing!! The year I did this, I used a 4L Rubbermaid Tupperware container, the Square one. Took a few days to finish, had to store in freezer.
May 22, 2009
564 posts
1014 upvotes
Canada
Damn this thread took a wild turn today. Yesterday it was all "What's the largest container" and funny pictures and today....... can't a dude enjoy an ice cold sugary beverage on a hot and sunny day without being guilted or reminded how unhealthy it is?

Honestly live a little ffs
Don't ask "Is this a good deal?" when creating a thread. That goes in shopping discussion. Please post the price in title. Giving upvotes is free and yes, it is imaginary points that mean nothing but it also makes their effort feel appreciated
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2009
1026 posts
679 upvotes
Hey, if I feel the need to to drink a 44oz of cream soda goodness from 7-11 today, I'll do it

Its a 1 day deal and today happens to be a warm day. I'll enjoy it today and may regret it later. YOLO

Side note, I got to get a bigger mug for next year
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5316 posts
2203 upvotes
Vancouver
i filled up my 68oz thermos!
Feb 13, 2016
658 posts
901 upvotes
canlabman wrote: It's interesting that you felt the need to be a "prick" in a forum for......and I will say it again DEALS and then apologize yet not apologize.

Why are you so worked up? He wasn't saying anything wrong or on no high horse. Yes it's a deal forum but doesn't make it wrong to remind people that stuff is garbage.

@OleSolskjaer @Henrik112 Thank you for being humble and sharing your experiences on living a healthier life style.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4680 posts
2997 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I expected more pics.
😱
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
8151 posts
561 upvotes
Toronto
Where was the kiddie pool filled from years back
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3266 posts
904 upvotes
I think I dislike this day, just want a regular slurpee and they are mostly melted as the machines can't keep up.....
Jul 22, 2006
540 posts
938 upvotes
onthemove wrote: Why are you so worked up? He wasn't saying anything wrong or on no high horse. Yes it's a deal forum but doesn't make it wrong to remind people that stuff is garbage.

@OleSolskjaer @Henrik112 Thank you for being humble and sharing your experiences on living a healthier life style.
Because we all need reminders of what's garbage and what's not garbage which has nothing to do with the deal at hand? This deal was meant to be fun and creative to those who choose to take advantage of the deal. Instead it turned into a few people lecturing on the evils of sugar and saying "look at me" and how healthy I am, so everybody should be like me.

This is a DEALS forum, not a lifestyle forum. There are other forums for those.

I was looking forward to people posting their pics of what they used for their Slurpees but I'm sure they haven't because of people who would criticize them for taking advantage of the deal and shaming them.

By the way, being humble does not enatil one calling themselves a prick and basically proud of it. Humble people would keep to the deal at hand and not bring up lifestyle choices. Being humble does not mean advocating shaming people.

Oh how I miss the short lived Crystal Light Slurpees.
Last edited by canlabman on May 14th, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8978 posts
1915 upvotes
cammo_18 wrote: Image
Imagine this getting knocked over near the till? The staff would probably beat this guy into a coma.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)