Expired Hot Deals

[7 Eleven] Speakout $100 Top up Get FiGo Orbit 2 for $50 with Free SIM & 2G Data for 30 days Expiry 5 March

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2019 8:09 am
Mar 2, 2008
786 posts
840 upvotes
BC
jellytime wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:46 pm
Is the only way to get a prepaid credit for 365 days is with a $100 prepaid credit?

My grandma has ~$6 left in her speakout balance and it expires in March. She barely talks or texts on it, but she uses it on occasion. Also, i'm glad I checked, but what happens to the account if her balance goes to $0 or her credit expires, does she lose her phone number?

Thanks
Check out #13a from the FAQ
https://www.speakoutwireless.ca/

Minimum account addition to extend your balance 365 more days is $25.
Jul 25, 2016
127 posts
30 upvotes
jellytime wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:46 pm
Is the only way to get a prepaid credit for 365 days is with a $100 prepaid credit?

My grandma has ~$6 left in her speakout balance and it expires in March. She barely talks or texts on it, but she uses it on occasion. Also, i'm glad I checked, but what happens to the account if her balance goes to $0 or her credit expires, does she lose her phone number?

Thanks
Yes, she will lose her number. You can call customer service and ask to have it activated again once you buy a top up. You shouldn't wait too long though cause all numbers are eventually recycled.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5035 posts
2060 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
SimpsonsFana wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:36 pm
I'm leaving the country for a couple years soon but I want to keep my number. If I port over to Speakout and leave it, will it last for the year? After that, do I have to top up another $100?
MegaSilver wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:39 pm
Port it over to VoIP.ms. $1 a month. Setup calls and messages to go to email.
Port it to freephoneline.ca
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Jul 29, 2005
593 posts
276 upvotes
Vancouver
Can the phone number be ported back to a phone company when I come back?
Dec 6, 2012
251 posts
115 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
SimpsonsFana wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 1:16 am
Can the phone number be ported back to a phone company when I come back?
yes. Port to Fongo Mobile (for mobile numbers) OR Freephoneline (for homephone). It cost $25 one-time port fee. No monthly fee. You can port out later when you return to the country
Feb 5, 2019
31 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
It's important to note that adding funds to a SpeakOut prepaid balance extends the existing balance too. So, adding $25 in February gives your grandma $31 through to February 2020.

-Stephen R Clark-
WhistleOut Canada
whistleout.ca

All The Best Wireless Plans, All In One Place.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30081 posts
1347 upvotes
Fernando Po
This thread has almost nothing to do with the phone itself.