Expired Hot Deals

7 Eleven

Speakout $125 for $100 Bonus is back (free sim $4 shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2021 2:19 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4965 posts
3080 upvotes
I was on Speakout for awhile, but Shaw Mobile is the way to be if you have their internet package that allows for $0 cellphone plans (unlimited talk/text). Data is either 1gb (total) for 3 months for $10 and there's a $25 plan if you need a couple more gigs a month.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13853 posts
3023 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
ozzmodan wrote: I have been with Speakout for years now. It is now regulated to a backup/burner phone. I just buy the $25 top up each year with cash at a 7-11. The only selling point it has now is that you can still easily be completely anonymous/untraceable.
No, the selling point is exactly for the usage that you've just specified. What's better, spending $25/year or $8/month for a low-usage number?

If someone wants a day-to-day phone, then yeah, look somewhere else.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3722 posts
1228 upvotes
Belle River
For the super low usage and not wanting to create accounts and stuff, you just go to 7-11 buy a SIM and a $25 top up card, stick the card in the phone and then... what happens? You top up with some kinda code you dial and it generates your new number? Or do you have to login to a website to setup?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4681 posts
4387 upvotes
Toronto
hystavito wrote: For the super low usage and not wanting to create accounts and stuff, you just go to 7-11 buy a SIM and a $25 top up card, stick the card in the phone and then... what happens? You top up with some kinda code you dial and it generates your new number? Or do you have to login to a website to setup?
You can call them (on another phone service, of course) to activate the SIM card and apply the $25 to that SIM. Alternatively, you can also set up an online account and activate, etc. on their website. Having an online account makes it easy to login and check the balance. They don't verify your name, address, etc. so you can put anything you want for your online account.
Jul 19, 2020
73 posts
32 upvotes
Do I need to buy this now and add before Jan. 2022? It says it expires in 2022, I am hoping I can get the Sim in December for a gift.
Dec 15, 2015
432 posts
406 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Kurtz7834 wrote: These days I just buy the base $25 topup for the year, I use it to hold a number just for the voicemail. This can be a spam number that you give to marketing, banks etc...
I also just do the base $25 topup once or twice a year for my prepaid number. I use Fongo on my phone to take advantage of free calling tru internet and top up $9.99/6mo's of texting feature. I don't have too many people to call so I can't justify a monthly cellphone plan like I used to 5 years ago.
"With great discounts comes great battle for self restraint"
Nov 10, 2008
948 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: Use
1. Phone number to be ported out.
2. IMEI # on the phone using the phone number to be ported out.

Call SO what else they need to port out a SO number.
I successfully ported out two Speakout numbers to Public Mobile using this information without a problem. Speakout sends a confirmation text when they have done their part.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2008
1022 posts
189 upvotes
How do you guy get $25 plan a year? i doesn't show that on their website, maybe i need a double glasses to see it?
Thanks in advance :)
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12979 posts
11821 upvotes
y2k-inc wrote: How do you guy get $25 plan a year? i doesn't show that on their website, maybe i need a double glasses to see it?
Thanks in advance :)
SO charges $1.25 per month on prepaid. 12 months = $15 even if you are not calling anyone.
SO minimum top up amount is $25 which will be good for one year.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2008
1022 posts
189 upvotes
embguy wrote: SO charges $1.25 per month on prepaid. 12 months = $15 even if you are not calling anyone.
SO minimum top up amount is $25 which will be good for one year.
I see, so you don't chose any of there plan (because it's only for 30 days), you buy the sim + top-up, activate the sim+phone and then add the top-up
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1403 posts
1195 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Been using this for uears. I barely ever text or call anyone.

If only my phone had dual sim or esim, i'd just pair this wit the 3HK deal for data, and i'd be golden.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12979 posts
11821 upvotes
OutsideYourWorld wrote: Been using this for uears. I barely ever text or call anyone.

If only my phone had dual sim or esim, i'd just pair this wit the 3HK deal for data, and i'd be golden.
I got an UMIDIGI A5 Pro 2 years ago with dual SIMs for $131 from Amazon.ca. The camera was bad at the beginning. After updates and bug fixes, the camera is acceptable. I use it with PM $10 plan + Fido $10 plan.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Sep 14, 2003
342 posts
38 upvotes
Reminder that the current offer expires January 4
* $25 account bonus with purchase of a $100 top up.

*The $100 top up must be added to your account on or before January 4th to receive the $25 account bonus. One free SIM card per customer per purchase.

SpeakOut Wireless SIM cards are compatible with most unlocked iPhone and Android handsets that are HSPA compatible using 850Mhz frequencies. Shipping

charges will apply if ordering online.
Dec 26, 2021
12 posts
6 upvotes
Its bittersweet for me to be saying goodbye to Speakout. I kept topping up an old 2G phone to use for backup/emergency... and in fact it was the only phone that worked in our whole group when camping this summer. But Rogers is shutting down the network this year, so this is the end. I just can't find a 3G/4G phone that can hold battery charge for a month like the 2G could, gonna miss it!