Expired Hot Deals

[7-Eleven Speakout] Free SIM Card & $25 Bonus on $100 Top Up

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2018 12:13 pm
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 5, 2006
97 posts
71 upvotes

Free SIM Card & $25 Bonus on $100 Top Up

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 1, 2018
Retailer:
7-Eleven Speakout
Promo is back on: "Free SIM offer valid with $100 SpeakOut top up purchase only. Shipping charges apply for online orders. $100 top up must be activated by May 1, 2018, 11:59 PM PT. Cannot be combined with any other promotional offer. While quantities last. Promotion valid dates 02/28/2018 - 05/01/2018."
30 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2359 posts
218 upvotes
Mississauga
It cost 4 dollars to mail

You can go to their retail store to buy the voucher and get free sim right?
Member
Feb 14, 2010
484 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
Is it easy to switch over a phone number from Fido?
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 5, 2006
97 posts
71 upvotes
killer007 wrote: It cost 4 dollars to mail

You can go to their retail store to buy the voucher and get free sim right?
Yes, pick one up at 7-Eleven if you can to save on the shipping fee.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1027 posts
155 upvotes
Markham
thelastword wrote: Is it easy to switch over a phone number from Fido?
Yes, just activate the 7-11 sim card and following the procedure to port-in your Fido number.
Sr. Member
Sep 8, 2004
978 posts
101 upvotes
All 3 in my family were on Speakout for many years - I finally switched to Zoomer being a heavier user than the other two, but they're still on Speakout and will continue that way for some time, so always good to see the $25 bonus deal on again - thanks!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 1, 2004
5793 posts
3671 upvotes
Victoria
Nice, it's almost time for me to top up although I'm also considering switching. After 2 years on SpeakOut, I'm disappointed MMS isn't offered as a pay per use feature without having to get data and that there is no pay per mb data usage or prepaid data that rolls over until depleted. Petro Canada offers more flexibility at the same price - $100/365 days with access to pay per use MMS and data. Anyone know if Petro Canada supports short codes? SpeakOut does.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7477 posts
4957 upvotes
Canada
The $25 bonus is for reloading as well or just new accounts?
Newbie
Nov 11, 2012
19 posts
16 upvotes
VICTORIA
RFDQ1016 wrote: The $25 bonus is for reloading as well or just new accounts?
It's available whenever you load $100 (good for old and new account).
Member
Jan 29, 2005
455 posts
112 upvotes
rchong wrote: Nice, it's almost time for me to top up although I'm also considering switching. After 2 years on SpeakOut, I'm disappointed MMS isn't offered as a pay per use feature without having to get data and that there is no pay per mb data usage or prepaid data that rolls over until depleted. Petro Canada offers more flexibility at the same price - $100/365 days with access to pay per use MMS and data. Anyone know if Petro Canada supports short codes? SpeakOut does.
Thanks - The prepaid data is an interesting option that sorely missing from SO.
My understanding is short codes were not supported on SO or PC.
That said, it seems there are some mixed results here - possibly on both platforms.
https://www.speakoutwireless.ca/speak/t ... t-numbers/
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2779 upvotes
edbert wrote: Thanks - The prepaid data is an interesting option that sorely missing from SO.
It's only $10/month for that first 100 Mbytes of basic usage, and after that it does continue at the same rate for anything over 100 Mbytes, deducting from your prepaid balance, so that's kind of like prepaid data that rolls over until depleted. It's just very, very expensive data.

Koodo has some of the best prices for non-expiring prepaid data and talk blocks, and you can add them on to their lowest-price $13.50/month service (the "unlimited texting" option).
Member
Jan 29, 2005
455 posts
112 upvotes
Exp315 wrote: It's only $10/month for that first 100 Mbytes of basic usage, and after that it does continue at the same rate for anything over 100 Mbytes, deducting from your prepaid balance, so that's kind of like prepaid data that rolls over until depleted. It's just very, very expensive data.

Koodo has some of the best prices for non-expiring prepaid data and talk blocks, and you can add them on to their lowest-price $13.50/month service (the "unlimited texting" option).
Yup totally agree on both your points. My interest is for really low data usage on the rare occasion without needing to purchase a $10 plan.
At such low usage, the rate is justified. I wish a koodo type data plan existed on speakout or petrocan.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 16, 2012
1259 posts
779 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
All prepaid balances are good for 365days on Speakout correct?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2010
2025 posts
1485 upvotes
GTA
canucks4life wrote: All prepaid balances are good for 365days on Speakout correct?
Yes, and any top up renews the balance as well for another 365 days

Top