Cell Phones

7 Inch Phablet Phones

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 10:44 pm
[OP]
Member
Dec 10, 2012
338 posts
161 upvotes
Vancouver

7 Inch Phablet Phones

I'm a happy owner of a Xiaomi Mi Max 3 and love it! Been waiting for the Max 4 but not sure it's happening. It seems like the market for 7 inch phones has dropped? There used to be other options from OnePlus, Huawei, Honor etc. but everything seems to be in the 6.5 inch range. I just tried the 6.7 inch Redmi 9S and it just isn't the same.
Why other options are there?
21 replies
Temp. Banned
Aug 18, 2019
220 posts
177 upvotes
Naaah no thanks. I won't be happy when all of my private info are being secretly tracked and my data got siphoned off back to China by those Chinese branded phone makers to be stored forever there for overlord Winnie the Pooh's private consumption and to be used for whatever malicious things he wishes.

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/xi ... phone-use/

Rather get Samsung, LG or the like
[OP]
Member
Dec 10, 2012
338 posts
161 upvotes
Vancouver
liemhoho wrote: Naaah no thanks. I won't be happy when all of my private info are being secretly tracked and my data got siphoned off back to China by those Chinese branded phone makers to be stored forever there for overlord Winnie the Pooh's private consumption and to be used for whatever malicious things he wishes.

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/xi ... phone-use/

Rather get Samsung, LG or the like
Lol. Yeah good call. Samsung, LG would never do that either Thumbs Up SignOk Hand SignFace With Rolling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

The point of my thread is 7" inch phones. It isn't about Xiaomi. Could be any brand
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1683 posts
871 upvotes
I was also waiting on Max 4 until Xiaomi decided to scrap that line.

The last 7"+ phone I could recall was way back like Sony Z3 tablet (8") & Samsung Mega Tab or something.

Sadly I haven't come across one, all the others are elongated big screen ie 5.5"+ marketing as 6"+ screen size.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
776 upvotes
centre of universe
I was also looking for 7 inch phablet. for senior. I had in mind something like Lenovo Tab V7 Tablet. But dont want to spend $500 or more on phablet.
Now just options are like Samsung A71 or something like that.
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
New Mantra for idiots Just ask RFD before searching answers anywhere.
[OP]
Member
Dec 10, 2012
338 posts
161 upvotes
Vancouver
CraigB806782 wrote: @dinkeye - what didn't you like about the note 9s??
It was just too small for me. I got so used to my Max 3 that the step down to 6.7 inches was noticeable. The 9S was totally fine to be honest it was simply just about size
Newbie
Jun 16, 2017
93 posts
27 upvotes
ok thanks......was about to order the 9s......6.7" is plenty big for me.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6115 posts
1402 upvotes
Richmond Hill
samsung s20 ultra and the note series, and the fold if you can afford them
Member
Jan 30, 2006
219 posts
21 upvotes
Depends on your budget....Huawei Mate20x and Xiaomi Blackshark 3 Pro are 7"+
[OP]
Member
Dec 10, 2012
338 posts
161 upvotes
Vancouver
brokekid wrote: Depends on your budget....Huawei Mate20x and Xiaomi Blackshark 3 Pro are 7"+
I like the Mate 20X but hard to come across in Canada.
AliExpress won't ship it here for some reason
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1881 posts
602 upvotes
I really want one of those new large screen phones usable in Canada.

The diagonal size (7 inch etc) is a bit misleading as the manufacturers
are mostly trying to make long-and-slim phones now.
Which is not comfortable at all (and it reduces the screen area).


I still enjoy my Lenovo Phab2 Pro which is 6.4 inch diagonal, but more squarish, so it has still reasonable
110+ cm^2 screen space. Which is most valuable commodity IMO.

I see practically no phones with screen space above that, plus a few more needed features
like many NA LTE bands, dual SIM, etc..

Eh...

Unfortunately ...
Member
User avatar
Jun 2, 2002
453 posts
153 upvotes
dinkeye wrote: It seems like the market for 7 inch phones has dropped? There used to be other options from OnePlus, Huawei, Honor etc. but everything seems to be in the 6.5 inch range. I just tried the 6.7 inch Redmi 9S and it just isn't the same.
Why other options are there?
Same boat as you - looking at the same phablet segment. My Mi Max 1 just died and only reasonable option seems to be BlackShark 3 Pro which is waaaay too expensive for me ($1000++). Only affordable options seem to be Mi Max 3 (which is getting rare) or Huawei Enjoy Max / Honor 8x Max (which seem barely usable on Canadian carriers) and all those being quite a few generations behind. Huawei Mate 20X is somewhere in between but still too pricey in my books especially considering bootloader is not unlockable. So just like you, I am stuck. What the hell?

dinkeye wrote: I like the Mate 20X but hard to come across in Canada.
AliExpress won't ship it here for some reason
Postal system is currently non functional in Canada due to Covid-19. Most express packages are stuck in transit - I have packages sitting at the airport in Singapore since April 13 and they just showing getting on a flight to Vancouver last week. More and more vendors are refusing to ship anything to Canada.

Top