Expired Hot Deals

73% OFF Bitdefender Total Security 2018 - 5 devices, 1 year

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2018 12:45 pm
14 replies
Aug 29, 2016
92 posts
38 upvotes
There are alot of free options available, also the image op provided seems suspiciously convenient
Aug 19, 2009
435 posts
261 upvotes
"currency: USD" lol?
and ya use a free option. paying for antivius in 2018 lol.
also bitdefender was the only antivius i tested which proceeded to completely fk up my machine so hard even couldn't load into Safe Mode.
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|
Zoomer, Tangerine.
Carrytel internet is only good if you do NOT game. Do not get Carrytel if you do, you WILL regret it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8490 posts
3202 upvotes
Toronto
ae86fr wrote: "currency: USD" lol?
and ya use a free option. paying for antivius in 2018 lol.
also bitdefender was the only antivius i tested which proceeded to completely fk up my machine so hard even couldn't load into Safe Mode.
The hell is wrong with your computer?

This is a crap deal but paying for anti-virus isn't stupid, it's helpful for many people. Apparently you if you can't use this program without issues, get off Windows ME.
Aug 19, 2009
435 posts
261 upvotes
Variability wrote: The hell is wrong with your computer?

This is a crap deal but paying for anti-virus isn't stupid, it's helpful for many people. Apparently you if you can't use this program without issues, get off Windows ME.
lol nothing. It was a fresh install with nothing installed too. Bitdefender actually had a knowledegebase article detailing and admitting their driver file causing this exact issue. Their solution was to boot pc up with a usb stick and enter live linux and manually delete their driver file so Windows 10 can boot up. And that's how i fixed it. so ya lol nt .
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|
Zoomer, Tangerine.
Carrytel internet is only good if you do NOT game. Do not get Carrytel if you do, you WILL regret it.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3863 posts
2629 upvotes
Ontario
Variability wrote: The hell is wrong with your computer?

Wow so your insulting someone for Windows ME as a joke yet using a third party Anti Virus vs the really well respected and high rated one built into windows by a company that did quite good then MS bought it out and now free part of Windows is a bad idea???

It's like buying a car with good air bags and then placing safety foam every square inch of the car. It gets in the way it makes your reaction time slower and might even cause more issues when damage happens.
---
Jan 3, 2013
503 posts
282 upvotes
Raincouver
1 cent cheaper then this deal so I guess it is a better deal Smiling Face With Open Mouth

bitdefender-3-5-device-24-99-2173310/

Still Windows has a build in anti virus program that is free.
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Jan 3, 2013
503 posts
282 upvotes
Raincouver
kanechart wrote: It's also a very highly respected one at that.
As I have posted before it is more than just that. Anti Virus programs because they have to scan/monitor everything have the highest admin rights and are deeply hooked into the OS and kernel. They actually become an attack vector because if you can exploit any flaw in the anti virus program you basically will own the computer.

Third party anti virus programs cause more problem then they solve IMHO.
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2115 posts
1341 upvotes
Markham
Because we are discussing about antivirus program here,
Im not concerned about antivirus part of the program, and I use Kaspersky total security.
I mainly use it for blocking unnecessary popups, ada and auto reroutes..
Those with no third party application have those issues?
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3863 posts
2629 upvotes
Ontario
kunamvahees wrote: Because we are discussing about antivirus program here,
Im not concerned about antivirus part of the program, and I use Kaspersky total security.
I mainly use it for blocking unnecessary popups, ada and auto reroutes..
Those with no third party application have those issues?
popup ads from where? If you mean the browser you should be using uBlock Orign.
---
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2115 posts
1341 upvotes
Markham
kanechart wrote: popup ads from where? If you mean the browser you should be using uBlock Orign.
I'll try that. Thanks.

Also, I like how Kaspersky show blank sides instead of ads too..
-------
Thank you
[OP]
Banned
Sep 4, 2013
38 posts
82 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
To get a 3 months license key of Bitdefender Total Security 2018, please take the following steps:

1. Visit this page : https://www.bitdefender.com/site/Facebo ... eeDownload
2. Enter your email address, check “I’m not a robot
3. Click to “Get It Now
4. Check your email to get your license key.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1995 posts
809 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Not bad. I usually wait for the three year deals.

Normally bitdefender is great, but this last week it has been a pain in the neck. The combination of bitdefender and purevpn completely blocked dns when I wasn’t connected to VPN, and when I connected to VPN bitdefender wouldn’t work.

Long story cut short after reinstalls and reboots I found bitdefender identified purevpn as a threat. 50 expemptions later and reinstalling drivers and everything works again.

Bitdefender has many false positives and they are very slow to fix them.