[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
621 posts
434 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] 75x Total CT Money on Mastercraft tools YMMV

received an email
get X75 CT money when purchasing any Mastercraft tools

from my calculations that's 30% off in rewards

hot deal if you find these tools on sale, not so HOT if they are Canadian tire regular prices
2021-07-12_12-32-49.jpg
2021-07-12_12-33-18.jpg
22 replies
Jul 25, 2018
34 posts
43 upvotes
Just bought 2 sets ratcheting flex wrenches an hour ago. But definitely didn't get this offer in my app. Atleast the wrenches were on clearance.
Aug 30, 2014
54 posts
109 upvotes
Markham, ON
75x is nice... but also funny how mastercrap socket sets are like$400 now...
Nov 24, 2002
301 posts
275 upvotes
I follow the deals
I don't suppose this offer also works on the Maximum line?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2093 posts
3202 upvotes
Atlantic
Mantisking wrote: 75x is nice... but also funny how mastercrap socket sets are like$400 now...
??????
CT has done this forever.....
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2414 posts
2023 upvotes
Ottawa
Didn't get email or offer on Triangle app :(
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2853 posts
1518 upvotes
B.C.
EasyCompany251 wrote: ??????
Years ago it was like $250 and on sale for 75% off. Now it's like $450 and 50% off.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1900 posts
729 upvotes
Elgin, ON
I don't see that offer. I don't really need any Mastercraft tools right now though.

People love to hate Mastercraft stuff, but I've been happy with my experiences. The few times something did not work out, I was able to return it without issue. Mastercraft is definitely not always the right choice, but it can certainly fill that need for light / occasional / single project use cases. Definitely avoid when possible at regular prices though. These products are frequently on sale 40-70% off, depending on the item.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1054 posts
928 upvotes
Kingston
Chrno wrote: Didn't get email or offer on Triangle app :(
Email only, not in app.
"The 75x for Triangle credit card customers consists of the 10x everyday plus a 65x bonus."
"Bonus CT Money on all Mastercraft branded products between July 12-18, 2021."
"Bonus CT Money will be applied to the Member's Triangle Rewards Account immediately. Offer must be activated by the member, prior to purchase, to be valid. Only accounts selected for this promotion are eligible to participate."
Mar 8, 2010
401 posts
327 upvotes
Calgary
Chrno wrote: Didn't get email or offer on Triangle app :(
rkjredflag wrote: I don't see that offer. I don't really need any Mastercraft tools right now though.
The offer is for those who pay with a Triangle MC - therefore the assumption would be that it was only offered to those who have the MC
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2077 posts
729 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
tsueme wrote: Just bought 2 sets ratcheting flex wrenches an hour ago. But definitely didn't get this offer in my app. Atleast the wrenches were on clearance.
Are you sure you got Mastercraft ones?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2414 posts
2023 upvotes
Ottawa
targa88 wrote: The offer is for those who pay with a Triangle MC - therefore the assumption would be that it was only offered to those who have the MC
I have a Triangle WE MC. Only had it for a few months so it might not be long enough for any of these real good deals.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
7759 posts
7119 upvotes
Toronto

Nailed it! Take advantage of your extra special offer when you pay with your Triangle™ World Elite Mastercard®.
For 75 years, Mastercraft has been making tools that offer durability and great performance. From cordless drills and drivers to saws and sanders, Mastercraft tools help you power through all your projects.
75x Total CT Money†, that's rare.

† The Triangle Rewards Program is owned and operated by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. Triangle credit cards are issued by Canadian Tire Bank. Rewards are in the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money® (CT Money®). To collect bonus CT Money you must pay with a Triangle™ credit card at time of purchase. You cannot collect paper Canadian Tire Money on bonus offers. Any bonus multiplier is based on the base rate of collecting CT Money (0.4%), and will be added to whatever the Member would otherwise collect, without the bonus. Example: On a $100 (pre-tax) purchase with a 20x bonus multiplier a Member would earn a bonus $8 in CT Money (20 X .4% X $100). The 75x for Triangle credit card customers consists of the 10x everyday plus a 65x bonus. Not all items sold at Canadian Tire are eligible to earn CT Money or to be redeemed for. Conditions apply. Visit triangle.com for full program rules and Partner location information. The offered rate is exclusive of any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions. CT Money is collected on the pre-tax amount of the purchase. No rainchecks on bonus CT Money. Bonus CT Money on all Mastercraft branded products between July 12-18, 2021. No cash value. Bonus CT Money will be applied to the Member's Triangle Rewards Account immediately. Offer must be activated by the member, prior to purchase, to be valid. Only accounts selected for this promotion are eligible to participate.
Aug 25, 2011
152 posts
231 upvotes
BURLINGTON
JMik wrote: I don't suppose this offer also works on the Maximum line?
If anyone uses this offer, I would also appreciate an answer to this question.
Jun 12, 2018
397 posts
326 upvotes
Ontario
70% off sale price + 75x CT points and this is hot. At least if you want to buy for MC tools. Hand tools are probably the best bet.

CT often has MC products on for up to 70% off so the 75x offer on its own is hardly a sale. Only 30% off.
Last edited by stevo88 on Jul 12th, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 30, 2014
54 posts
109 upvotes
Markham, ON
EasyCompany251 wrote: ??????
No, it has been $400ish with 50-70% off... now it's $400ish and no discount.....
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2814 posts
2466 upvotes
Prince George
Benzat17 wrote: from my calculations that's 30% off in rewards
At the risk of sounding like a broken record. It's not 30% off. It's 30% back in rewards applied to a future purchase. So if you buy $100 worth of stuff, you'd get $30 CTM back, which you then need to spend. You get $130 worth of stuff for $100, or about a 23% discount. Still pretty good, but not 30% total discount.

There's a reason all the rewards programs are going this way (rewards only valid towards future purchase). People have a tendency to convince themselves the discounts are bigger than they are.