Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1664 posts
834 upvotes

7Mesh Cycling apparel SAMPLE SALE, Mediums only and more

Deal Link:
Retailer:
7Mesh
So here's another 7Mesh sale from me (I previously posted that excellent deal at the Lulu outlets)

Mens link: https://7mesh.com/mens/sale
Womens link: https://7mesh.com/women/sale

Unfortunately it's mostly Mediums for the sample sale but depending on your build this may work. Lots of colours left

Yes, it trumps AliExpress crap. Terrible topic to even bring up. 7Mesh is A+, Canadian and does great warranty work.
24 replies
Feb 13, 2008
407 posts
223 upvotes
Hamilton
Up vote for cycling stuff but too rich for me.
Mar 16, 2018
839 posts
927 upvotes
Hamilton
Slash5 wrote: Up vote for cycling stuff but too rich for me.
For the mid-tier folk, I found out recently that Amazon sells Gore Wear with pretty competitive prices. With Amazon’s easy returns, it’s a pretty stellar combo. Waiting for the Savanna line to come back in stock this summer Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes https://www.amazon.ca/Savana-Jersey-Whi ... th=1&psc=1
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4450 posts
2339 upvotes
ownthesky wrote: For the mid-tier folk, I found out recently that Amazon sells Gore Wear with pretty competitive prices. With Amazon’s easy returns, it’s a pretty stellar combo. Waiting for the Savanna line to come back in stock this summer Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes https://www.amazon.ca/Savana-Jersey-Whi ... th=1&psc=1
I wonder how the amazonbasics jerseys fare, for $27 might be worth trying..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1664 posts
834 upvotes
Slash5 wrote: Up vote for cycling stuff but too rich for me.
Fair.

But hey, good kits last very long. Ive been there done that with club kits that look like rags just after a season of riding. Jerseys tend to have the least wear of anything you wear while riding unless you crash, so investing in a good one (to me) is a great idea.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1986 posts
414 upvotes
Awesome. Seems like the site is down for maintenance right now though.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Nov 11, 2009
12 posts
Nice find! And a sample sale with only men's mediums? That's rare.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2854 posts
4010 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Biscayne05 wrote: Fair.

But hey, good kits last very long. Ive been there done that with club kits that look like rags just after a season of riding. Jerseys tend to have the least wear of anything you wear while riding unless you crash, so investing in a good one (to me) is a great idea.
What's a durable good wicking jersey for those that wear backpacks loaded out with a 3L camelbak, pump, first aid kit, spare shoes, spare socks, light jacket or fleece vest, cliff bars, sunscreen, hand cream, mosquito repellent, hand sanitizer, spare tube, mini bike multitool, spare blinkies, food jar https://www.thermos.com/genuine-thermos ... -16oz.html and a small thermo lunch box https://www.llbean.ca/shop/Lunch-Box/70705.html#start=1 ?
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1227 posts
145 upvotes
Tx for the post op! I've been considering buying 7Mesh stuff for a while but have held off. Most of my cycling gear seems to last forever! Going to pick up two jerseys and probably retire some of the "free" jerseys I got doing events.

EDIT: Looks like the sign-up coupon code (10%, no sale items) seems to partially work. I got $12 off my ~$280 order of two jerseys
Last edited by Trigger on Jun 9th, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4450 posts
2339 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote: What's a durable good wicking jersey for those that wear backpacks loaded out with a 3L camelbak, pump, first aid kit, spare shoes, spare socks, light jacket or fleece vest, cliff bars, sunscreen, hand cream, mosquito repellent, hand sanitizer, spare tube, mini bike multitool, spare blinkies, food jar https://www.thermos.com/genuine-thermos ... -16oz.html and a small thermo lunch box https://www.llbean.ca/shop/Lunch-Box/70705.html#start=1 ?
If you're hauling that around I don't think you'll really get a benefit from a jersey (rear pockets, reflection, etc.).. I would just get a regular activewear sweat-wicking shirt.
Jan 20, 2003
170 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
How does the fit compare with other brands?
Looking at the size guide, a 7Mesh medium appears similar to a Rapha / Pearl Izumi large.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1227 posts
145 upvotes
crawford wrote: How does the fit compare with other brands?
Looking at the size guide, a 7Mesh medium appears similar to a Rapha / Pearl Izumi large.
I haven't tried any but based on what I'm reading online and also on their website they seem to position themselves as a more relaxed fix. So your assumption around it being a Rapha / PI Large in comparison to a 7Mesh Medium is probably spot on. I bought Medium and most of my NA kit (Jakroo, Sugoi) is Medium while my other kit (Giordana, PI) is Large. Castelli is hit and miss. I have some L, some M.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1664 posts
834 upvotes
crawford wrote: How does the fit compare with other brands?
Broad question here. Id refer to their size guide or call them up to be sure.
Apr 4, 2018
198 posts
135 upvotes
How does this compare to Avalanche from Costco?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2854 posts
4010 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
hvc wrote: If you're hauling that around I don't think you'll really get a benefit from a jersey (rear pockets, reflection, etc.).. I would just get a regular activewear sweat-wicking shirt.
Then any recommends for a durable sweat wicking shirt for those that roll with backpacks? I always love the feel of cotton so something with a cotton feel blend maybe? I find a lot of wicking shirts get pilled up or thread pulled when wearing backpacks unlike with cotton shirts. I'm also hammering at a moderate speed ~20kph'ish
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4450 posts
2339 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote: Then any recommends for a durable sweat wicking shirt for those that roll with backpacks? I always love the feel of cotton so something with a cotton feel blend maybe? I find a lot of wicking shirts get pilled up or thread pulled when wearing backpacks unlike with cotton shirts. I'm also hammering at a moderate speed ~20kph'ish
Wear a cotton shirt then.. lol I dunno? I was just saying there's no point paying $100+ for a shirt with features you'll never use.

Go with shirt recommendations for hiking/climbing or other activities where you usually carry a backpack - or check MTB forums.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1227 posts
145 upvotes
TheMau5 wrote: How does this compare to Avalanche from Costco?
Take my comment with a grain of salt as I haven't worn Avalanche, but I believe 7Mesh is probably 2-3 notches above Avalanche. It really depends what you're looking for. My take:
  • Style/Cut is probably less sporty and will sag/fit more awkwardly
  • Pockets don't have zippers and seem to be less solidly constructed
  • Quality of materials on avalanche probably don't wick as well
Cycling is a great sport that really is for everyone. My take is to get Avalanche if you're looking for some general comfort improvements in a commute, are doing lighter riding (1-2 hours at low intensity) with friends and family, and so forth. If you're the type of person who goes for harder and longer rides (high intensity, 2+ hours) in all kinds of weather, it may be worth it to look at 7Mesh. If you want to DM me, I can share some other thoughts. Do you have other cycling apparel and what's your overall take on how things look? I know a non-cyclist reading this may laugh at the suggestion that some of us care about fit and style on a bike, but for me fit and style are important as they improve my comfort and desire to ride more.