7th gen iPad 10.2" Pen and Case Recommendations

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2020 7:15 pm
[OP]
Aug 21, 2015
8 posts
Toronto, ON

7th gen iPad 10.2" Pen and Case Recommendations

Hi! Finally getting this. Anyone have recommendations for a pen and case other then the Apple store go-tos? For case it would be nice if it covered the whole iPad (I do not think I will ever buy a keyboard), look decent, and hold/charge the pen (that's how the pen charges right? They keep changing these things so I am not super up to date as to what works with what model).

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Curie2 on Sep 12th, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18354 posts
4739 upvotes
Toronto
The only pen to get is... well... Apple Pencil. (The original version, not the 2nd version.) Refurbished ones are often on the Apple website at a discount.

There are lots of cases on Amazon that hold Apple Pencil.

Personally my wife and I love having the keyboard, as it totally transforms its usage, so I have one for my 10.5" iPad Pro, and my wife has one for her 7th generation iPad 10.2". However, YMMV.
[OP]
Aug 21, 2015
8 posts
Toronto, ON
Thanks. You guys don't mind that the keyboard doesn't cover the whole iPad? Or does it?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18354 posts
4739 upvotes
Toronto
The Apple Smart Keyboard covers the entire screen. It does not cover the back but you can get a third party back case that’s is compatible with the keyboard. The clear TPU back cases with the appropriate cut-out for the keyboard attachment area go for about $10-15 on Amazon. I haven’t looked at the ones that also hold Apple Pencil but they also exist.