Health & Wellness

Is 8% sulfur-based tinted Clearasil acne cream being phased out in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2016 4:55 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1037 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto

Is 8% sulfur-based tinted Clearasil acne cream being phased out in Canada?

I know this is an odd question...

For the past months, I have not been able to find the 8% sulfur-based Clearasil tinted acne treatment cream anywhere in my local pharmacies. The product is even out of stock at Walmart online. At Rexall, only the 3% sulfur-based Clearasil vanishing acne treatment cream is available. Even more strangely, at Shoppers Drug Mart, the Clearasil vanishing acne treatment cream being sold is not sulfur based but benzoyl peroxide based (which was previously sold as Clearasil daily clear BP). I can't find any reliable info on the manufacturer's website. There is no consumer hotline for Canada, but there is one for the US which I called. The rep I spoke to on the phone denied that the produce is being phased out in Canada, though I am not certain if this info is reliable.

Anyone aware of any news about this?
1 reply
Jun 19, 2016
15 posts
23 upvotes
I was wondering the same thing! Maybe they pulled it off the shelves. I tried out their sulfur resorcinol tinted acne cream a few months ago and I haven't been able to find it in stores again yet. They do, however, sell the clear vanishing benzoyl peroxide one, but I don't like the harshness of BP on my skin. I also haven't been able to find any other sulfur resorcinol based acne creams by other brands, so this is a big issue for me. Luckily, they seem to sell the Clearasil one on Amazon.ca, so I might just end up buying some online.