Expired Hot Deals

8" Tablet Android 2.2 OS with Cortex A8, 512M RAM, Flash10 $168 shipped @Now!Supplier

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2011 2:21 am
[OP]
Banned
User avatar
Jan 16, 2009
770 posts
325 upvotes
Montreal

8" Tablet Android 2.2 OS with Cortex A8, 512M RAM, Flash10 $168 shipped @Now!Supplier

After my precedent post for a cheap tablet at $89 I checked a better tablet. I think I found it but it is more expensive at $168 shipped

http://www.nowsupplier.com/android-22-o ... -1413.html

please try to be constructive in your comment and opinions based on real facts. Thanks.

Edit: A customer review on http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-di ... n/1055356/
:arrow: UBUNTU a FREE & Great Operating System
:arrow: Group deals @Montreal
:?: US mail forwarding service

:cool: Watch collector : deal up to 200$

:arrowl: click on THANKS if you appreciate my post.
71 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 16, 2003
10329 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Any idea what type of touchscreen?
[removed for signature violation]
Sr. Member
Feb 11, 2007
747 posts
251 upvotes
If you are looking for a cheap one, Tiger Direct has the Coby Kyros for $159

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/ ... -5000%20CA

It does not have a camera but it does allow you to output high def videos to your tv. It is great for browsing the web. It is easily rooted so you can add the Android Marketplace. I own one and can't complain.
I would love to be able to afford an ipad or samsung galaxy but for less than half the price, you can't go wrong with this unit.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4583 posts
1450 upvotes
This will definitely be the year of Tablet PCs and such.
In all the videos, including this one, I see of tablets running Android, there's this noticeable lag when they use the touch screen (like scrolling isn't smooth or it's not responsive etc..). The currents tablets on the market seem to be underpowered to run the Android OS. I'm wondering whether it's too early to get one and to wait till they have CPUs >1Ghz with more than 512Mb ram.
Definitely want one though.
Member
Mar 16, 2006
309 posts
279 upvotes
Tried two products of theirs (MP3 and DVD players). Now part of our landfill after 3 months of each. Never again!
jayp_1 wrote: If you are looking for a cheap one, Tiger Direct has the Coby Kyros for $159

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/ ... -5000%20CA

It does not have a camera but it does allow you to output high def videos to your tv. It is great for browsing the web. It is easily rooted so you can add the Android Marketplace. I own one and can't complain.
I would love to be able to afford an ipad or samsung galaxy but for less than half the price, you can't go wrong with this unit.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 16, 2007
1067 posts
63 upvotes
Scarborough
Saw your post from before. I won't suggest you buy any China Android pad (especially on sale) unless you have a chance to try it hands on first somewhere. You might be SEVERELY disappointed based on the expectation other pads you've seen/experience have given you.

The only decent one that holds a light to the Samsung and Galaxy is a China pad that's at 458 price point. You get what you paid for.
If the price is right, just roll the dice.
[OP]
Banned
User avatar
Jan 16, 2009
770 posts
325 upvotes
Montreal
wikkid_bigshot wrote: The only decent one that holds a light to the Samsung and Galaxy is a China pad that's at 458 price point. You get what you paid for.
Thanks for your advice but now it is too expensive for my budget.
:arrow: UBUNTU a FREE & Great Operating System
:arrow: Group deals @Montreal
:?: US mail forwarding service

:cool: Watch collector : deal up to 200$

:arrowl: click on THANKS if you appreciate my post.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11690 posts
2560 upvotes
The Coby should be a good cheap alternative for you, lots of good comments on XDA forum.
paul_rfd wrote: Thanks for your advice but now it is too expensive for my budget.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1024 upvotes
+1 on avoiding these direct from china products. I like cheap but aside from cables and adapters etc it's nothing but disappointment in the long run when the crap breaks. Even Coby, as mentioned, is pretty meh.

There's gonna be a swarm of these cheap units coming to Best Buy, Wal-Mart in the coming months etc where you can return it if it's crap and get an extended warranty.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2006
412 posts
98 upvotes
NG wrote: +1 on avoiding these direct from china products. I like cheap but aside from cables and adapters etc it's nothing but disappointment in the long run when the crap breaks. Even Coby, as mentioned, is pretty meh.

There's gonna be a swarm of these cheap units coming to Best Buy, Wal-Mart in the coming months etc where you can return it if it's crap and get an extended warranty.

I agree, don't buy anything from China unless you know your buying something of significantly lower quality. I bought a tablet, recieved it cracked screen, fought with supplier for 2 months, they wanted me to pay expidited shipping back $65 out of my own pocket. Forget credit card insurance, its a shipping damage claim, and good luck with those claims.

I did finally get a replacement and I am very disappointed in the quality, EXTREMELY poor Support......well actually NO SUPPORT, you better be paitent and part computer nerd to get these things tweaked and running half-assed.

Wish I would have listened to the wife and waited till this year. Target, Walmart, any other will soon all be carrying these cheap-os and you can at least return them back to store.

Buying from China is like Gambling, be prepared to loose all your money going in!

That said, I have bought and recieved many excellent smaller, less expensive items from DX, Focal price, etc.... but at less than
$20.00 its a safer gamble.
Live the best life you can. Life is a game whose rules you learn if you leap into it and play it to the hilt.
Banned
Feb 20, 2007
3042 posts
1316 upvotes
This is a decent price for this tablet, but expect to get no support for it and if anything goes wrong, you're out $168. The screen is Resistive, but better then other resistive screens, this is one of the better Chinese tablets, but I'd say save your money and buy the Motorola Tablet coming out within 3-4 months or even the iPad 2.
Newbie
Feb 2, 2009
96 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax
amac wrote: Tried two products of theirs (MP3 and DVD players). Now part of our landfill after 3 months of each. Never again!

Agreed. Wife bought one of their MP3 players on sale, terrible decision. Bricked itself and landfilled after a month.
Sr. Member
Sep 11, 2006
876 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
Resistive screen -1000000
Member
Apr 15, 2007
382 posts
45 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
I don't think you should be using an acronym (such as NS) for a store unless they are very well known (futureshop=FS, walmart=WM, etc.). DX is about the only one I would accept from the china suppliers... Maybe FP for FocalPrice.
I just wasted my time opening this thread just to figure out who NS is.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2001
1125 posts
18 upvotes
pmeth wrote: I don't think you should be using an acronym (such as NS) for a store unless they are very well known (futureshop=FS, walmart=WM, etc.). DX is about the only one I would accept from the china suppliers... Maybe FP for FocalPrice.
I just wasted my time opening this thread just to figure out who NS is.

I would never spend more then $10 from DX or Focalpoint since they also produce junk.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11690 posts
2560 upvotes
jhuynh wrote: Resistive screen -1000000

There is actually nothing wrong with Resistive screen, it is just a different technology. You know almost all the commercial touchscreens at the supermarkets are resistive, right? And resistive screen works better with stylus and hand writing recognition. Unless you are comparing a cheap resistive touch screen with a top quality capacitive screen like those from iPod.

The Coby mentioned earlier has a very good resistive screen according to the reviews and XDA forums. It is not for everyone since a bit of mod is needed to make it a good tablet.


coby-kyros-7-internet-tablet-android-2- ... -973062/8/
Sr. Member
Sep 11, 2006
876 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: There is actually nothing wrong with Resistive screen, it is just a different technology. You know almost all the commercial touchscreens at the supermarkets are resistive, right? And resistive screen works better with stylus and hand writing recognition. Unless you are comparing a cheap resistive touch screen with a top quality capacitive screen like those from iPod.

The Coby mentioned earlier has a very good resistive screen according to the reviews and XDA forums. It is not for everyone since a bit of mod is needed to make it a good tablet.


coby-kyros-7-internet-tablet-android-2- ... -973062/8/
The problem is people expect you to be able to use your fingers with this and a resistive screen does not work well with fingers unless all the buttons are far apart and big. Also, of course this thing has a cheap resistive screen in it, look at the price point. I'm not saying resistive screens are all bad but for using it in a tablet where people want to use their fingers is a horrible choice. And looking quickly at the product page it does not look like it comes with a stylus.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)