Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staybridge Suites

$94 for Staybridge Suites in Buffalo including 14 days parking

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2011 11:02 pm
Tags:
None
May 24, 2009
63 posts
107 upvotes
Fonthill

[Staybridge Suites] $94 for Staybridge Suites in Buffalo including 14 days parking

More offers from Staybridge Suites
Just was scanning around for a good park and fly deal and ended up booking the Staybridge Suites in Clarence/Buffalo for $94 (including tax) through TrinityReservations.com. I've stayed at the Staybridge before and its a beautiful hotel with indoor pool, free hot buffet breakfast, and a free bbq dinner with open bar Mon-Thurs nights (unfortunately we're staying Sat, so no free booze for us ;) ). I haven't booked through TrinityReservations before but I did see some good reviews on the company through Tripadvisor, so hopefully it works out!
16 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1220 posts
138 upvotes
Richmond Hill
That's not a good deal.

In Feb, I used priceline and stayed at the Buffalo Marriott for $60. It included 2 weeks parking and a free shuttle to and from the airport. If you talk with the staff, they'll make it 3 weeks free parking.

From other websites, including betterbidding.com, $60 is pretty standard.
Up and Atom!!!
If my thread or post was helpful, a "thank you" is always nice.
May 24, 2009
63 posts
107 upvotes
Fonthill
Yeah I tried Priceline for my dates and was rejected even after taking two weeks and uping my bid to $80. The Marriott would have been a great deal for 60, but I couldn't seem to get it. Do you think the prices have gone up, or maybe its the fact I'm trying for a weekend?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2822 posts
1198 upvotes
fishlips20 wrote: That's not a good deal.

In Feb, I used priceline and stayed at the Buffalo Marriott for $60. It included 2 weeks parking and a free shuttle to and from the airport. If you talk with the staff, they'll make it 3 weeks free parking.

What the!!! I didn't think of this, I've been driving up the day of my flight and paying $50 a week to park, may as well get a hotel for $10 more.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1220 posts
138 upvotes
Richmond Hill
iamdman wrote: What the!!! I didn't think of this, I've been driving up the day of my flight and paying $50 a week to park, may as well get a hotel for $10 more.

I highly recommend checking out betterbidding - they'll tell you the latest prices people have paid and what settings they put into hotwire or priceline. Considering some jetblue flights leave at crazy hours, at least you can get a short nap and a free ride to the airport with this deal.

Absolutely worth it instead of parking at long term parking... and it's cheaper.
Up and Atom!!!
If my thread or post was helpful, a "thank you" is always nice.
May 24, 2009
63 posts
107 upvotes
Fonthill
Does priceline include the taxes as well? Just wondering as well if its better to bid nearer to the dates of your stay...does that up your chances of getting it at a lower price?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2926 posts
1499 upvotes
newfieinthefalls wrote: Yeah I tried Priceline for my dates and was rejected even after taking two weeks and uping my bid to $80. The Marriott would have been a great deal for 60, but I couldn't seem to get it. Do you think the prices have gone up, or maybe its the fact I'm trying for a weekend?

Your best bet is to bid just a few days prior to you needing the hotel to get it for $60.00.
May 24, 2009
63 posts
107 upvotes
Fonthill
Sorry to repeat myself...anyone know if priceline and hotwire include the taxes?
May 24, 2009
63 posts
107 upvotes
Fonthill
Nevermind...found out myself (thanks google!) so the 60 become 77.40 with taxes. Still a better deal than my 94 but if you go during the week for the dinner and FREE BOOZE then its a steal! Of course if you get totally pissed and miss your flight then you lose a lot more than the difference of 16.60 :D
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1074 posts
477 upvotes
Oakville
newfieinthefalls wrote: Sorry to repeat myself...anyone know if priceline and hotwire include the taxes?
Either one include tax when you bid, just think to add on another 18% (tax + service fee) on top of what you are bidding.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
newfieinthefalls wrote: free bbq dinner with open bar Mon-Thurs nights (unfortunately we're staying Sat, so no free booze for us ;) ).

Don't see this written anywhere?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Mar 7, 2003
135 posts
26 upvotes
I use Priceline and Hotwire (referencing Betterbiiding.com) regularly. Airport hotels are notorious for not honoring a park and fly deal for the Pricelie or Hotwire winning bid. I am not doubting your word but did you really get the Marriot to inlcude parking for 2 weeks through Priceline?
May 24, 2009
63 posts
107 upvotes
Fonthill
Re the free bbq and open bar: When we went two years ago on a Thursday, we were shocked to see a bunch of guys serving themselves pints from the bar area. My husband thought that it was the hotel forgetting to shut off the spigots or valves or whatever they're called, and that people were... um... STEALING a few pints. Next thing you know there's a girl putting out wine and a chef cooking these massive burgers and hotdogs. I guess the terms they were using was "dinner snacks" but with the salads and drinks you could see that lots of people were using this as their dinner. I've heard its also called the "manager's reception" or the "sundowner reception". As far as I can tell, it seems to be a Staybridge Suites thing because if you go on Tripadvisor you'll find it happening at other hotels as well. Its not advertised but on the last few reviews (last November) of the Suites in Buffalo people were still talking about it eg "I must say after a long day being subjected to hours of shopping, it was nice to come back to the hotel to their complimentary cocktail hour and dinner snacks! This is a nice hotel, with great amenities....also enjoyed the pool, business center and free breakfast...we'll be back! " and "it had some nice perks that made the little extra drive worth it....like nightly free cocktail hour (yes, free drinks!), and free dinner snacks (enough, that if you are cheap like me, you don't even need to buy yourself dinner those nights!)" from two reviews in Nov2010.
Jul 20, 2008
132 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Trevor wrote: I use Priceline and Hotwire (referencing Betterbiiding.com) regularly. Airport hotels are notorious for not honoring a park and fly deal for the Pricelie or Hotwire winning bid. I am not doubting your word but did you really get the Marriot to inlcude parking for 2 weeks through Priceline?

i have stayed at the marriott 3 times within the last year through priceline and each time they honoured the park n fly. however the shuttle only runs runtil midnight
Sep 17, 2003
699 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
fishlips20 wrote: That's not a good deal.

Having stayed previously on the Buffalo Marriot for 60.00 (78.00 after taxes), I need to disagree with you.
For a family of 4 (like mine), this is an awesome deal. For 16.00 more, you get free breakfast (13.00 at Marriott per person) and free hot meal, salad and drinks (wine, beer and pop) from Monday to Thursday.

Thanks for the hot deal, newfieinthefalls.

I'm booking it now for November.

Camilo
Jun 2, 2008
60 posts
1 upvote
fishlips20 wrote: I highly recommend checking out betterbidding - they'll tell you the latest prices people have paid and what settings they put into hotwire or priceline. Considering some jetblue flights leave at crazy hours, at least you can get a short nap and a free ride to the airport with this deal.

Absolutely worth it instead of parking at long term parking... and it's cheaper.

Can anyone tell me where in betterbidding you can find the latest prices people have paid for Buffalo? I am quite the neophyte on these matters!

Thanks!
Mar 10, 2005
25 posts
44 upvotes
lbamboo wrote: Can anyone tell me where in betterbidding you can find the latest prices people have paid for Buffalo? I am quite the neophyte on these matters!

Thanks!
Basically, you have to manually search through the better bidding New York form until you find someone who has posted their bid of Buffalo. It can be annoying, especially if no one has posted a bid for Buffalo recently.
http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=123

I prefer to use Bidding Traveler -- way easier to use, and seems to be more "up to date" than BetterBidding. It only works for priceline though.

http://www.biddingtraveler.com