Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$99, $129.99,$148, 32" TV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2020 2:27 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3914 posts
4767 upvotes
Canada
Toshiba TVs are made by Hisense. Toshiba's brand name has passed hands from a Taiwan company to China (Hisense).
Toshiba and Sharp brands are relics of past Japanese high quality. It's insulting to see their brands used in the current form. Their original products would last decades and they always tried to be on the leading edge of technology. Now, the opposite is true with those brands. (It's good to see Sony still holding on. Diversification saved them.)

This has to be the 4th or 5th Christmas season that a cheap Toshiba TV has been pushed by Best Buy. They'll still sell a lot to these who want a cheap TV for the bedroom, kids room, etc.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1604 posts
977 upvotes
Many people did not bother to even look at the link before slamming Toshiba for being overpriced

The issue here is Best Buy selling a 2 year old model to try and get stock out of warehouse

The fact it is so old means a bigger discount should have happened but its not like Toshiba is pushing this into 2021
Koodo $45 60GB 5G + Unlimited Long Distance Perk (28 Countries)
Public $120 180GB + Canada Wide (90 Day plan; less rewards = $20 per month)
Freedom $35 North America Wide + 20GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
3383 posts
18860 upvotes
SoroSuub1 wrote: Toshiba TVs are made by Hisense. Toshiba's brand name has passed hands from a Taiwan company to China (Hisense).

I like Hisense, but it's not the Toshiba brand you expect.

If you really want a 32" 720p, there are other cheap choices too
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/2 ... 0hz_led_tv

Thought RCA was a trash US brand?

Or $20 more gets you 1080p
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/6000201660877
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
1573 posts
168 upvotes
BreadBagSeals wrote: I just picked up a 32" for the kitchen - wasn't too concerned about picture quality for that room. It's surprising how many 32" are 720p now. I assumed they wouldn't still be producing 720p panels anymore.
For the lower priced TVs I'd say you'd really want to see the off-axis picture, some panels can be unwatchable if you aren't dead center. Unfortunately at the lower end of the costs they can also have severely compromised longevity.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
Those were the old days, I would take today's Toshiba (whether it is made by Hisense or Taiwan's Compal) any day any time over my crappy Toshiba 720p DLP and decent Sony 1080p LCD TV, both cost me $3000 a piece after taxes.
RxMills wrote: Toshiba and Sharp brands are relics of past Japanese high quality. It's insulting to see their brands used in the current form. Their original products would last decades and they always tried to be on the leading edge of technology. Now, the opposite is true with those brands. (It's good to see Sony still holding on. Diversification saved them.)

This has to be the 4th or 5th Christmas season that a cheap Toshiba TV has been pushed by Best Buy. They'll still sell a lot to these who want a cheap TV for the bedroom, kids room, etc.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3535 upvotes
ttiger wrote: For all those complaining about $130 being too expensive, here you go :

Hisense 32 $99

I have a 50" Plasma 720 and it's perfectly fine.
$99 and 1080p!

These would be great for a smart mirror raspberry pi project.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
People get too hung up on resolution, I think it might be the only spec they understand though I guess. For a 32 inch tv I would be more worried about viewing angles, contrast, colour etc... 720p is enough at that size for normal viewing distance.
Dec 11, 2020
13 posts
34 upvotes
SoroSuub1 wrote: Toshiba TVs are made by Hisense. Toshiba's brand name has passed hands from a Taiwan company to China (Hisense).

I like Hisense, but it's not the Toshiba brand you expect.

If you really want a 32" 720p, there are other cheap choices too
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/2 ... 0hz_led_tv

Or $20 more gets you 1080p
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/6000201660877
The post got a update with your reply.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
Last year I got a 32" 1080p from Best Buy for $99.

Granted it was open box and Insignia brand but still.

720p for more than $100 is not worth looking at. Maybe if Samsung or LG.