GTA

Thanks guys!
Share:
82 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16576 posts
6703 upvotes
Without pictures it will be very difficult for anyone to provide advice that is not generic. You should find a detailing shop you trust and start there. Perhaps post in the RFD Detailing thread for some advice:
rfd-official-detailing-thread-post-all- ... re-609563/

If a detailer cannot repair the damage, then your next course of action is a body shop. I would start with the detailer first because repainting a panel should be the last resort.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2015
54 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2014
1239 posts
154 upvotes
Mississauga
Oh man, looks pretty deep. Do you "feel it" when you rub your hand over it? If it isn't too deep you could probably get a Detailer to do a high speed buff and paint correction. If that doesn't work you would need to get the panel repainted.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2015
54 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
SuburbanGangster wrote: Oh man, looks pretty deep. Do you "feel it" when you rub your hand over it? If it isn't too deep you could probably get a Detailer to do a high speed buff and paint correction. If that doesn't work you would need to get the panel repainted.
It was piano black glossy with barely any swirl marks. You can definitely feel it. It's pretty rough now and dull and looks almost grey/white.

Who thinks of this *****? Hope Karma catches up to them soon.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto
I feel so bad for you OP. Buying a car requires endless hours of working a job and little sh**heads can ruin it all in a minute.

That's why even though my car is only a $20k car, I still leave it in the garage all day long when not in use.

Hope the repairs aren't too costly.
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18289 posts
2149 upvotes
Woodbridge
That is cold, that takes time to stand by ones car. It's sad that pussy-cats aren't man enough to step up.

I doubt getting that detailed won't help.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2013
992 posts
293 upvotes
Why the F would someone do that for? Jealousy or some sort of mental issues, hate these types of people
[OP]
Aug 29, 2015
54 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
Thanks guys. Yes I hope Karma makes its way back to them. I can't believe people don't realize this is going to catch up to them and when it does, I hope they never forget what they did.
Unfortunately, I have no idea when or where it happened as I wasn't paying attention to the car the past few days.

Does anyone recommend vinyl wrap? I just thought of that. Would it look like factory piano black?
Nook wrote: I feel so bad for you OP. Buying a car requires endless hours of working a job and little sh**heads can ruin it all in a minute.

That's why even though my car is only a $20k car, I still leave it in the garage all day long when not in use.

Hope the repairs aren't too costly.
Thanks man. I'm really not sure if it happened on my driveway or in a store/mall. Wish I could have some 24 hr 360 angle auto surveillance. Not to protect my car but to catch these losers instead.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3578 posts
1848 upvotes
Halifax
MCMLXXXIX wrote: Well some miserable degenerate idiot sandpapered my car. Why sandpaper it?

Is there any recommendations on who to go to fix this and pricing? Thanks
Make better life choices maybe? Always could be a random occurrence, but could be karma biting back also.

My car already came pre dinged, so things like that would never have been an issue.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2015
54 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
bridonca wrote: Make better life choices maybe? Always could be a random occurrence, but could be karma biting back also.
Sorry, I don't get that part?

I also don't agree about Karma biting back. I'm a big believer of what goes around comes around. I treat others how I want to be treated and my parents raised us with morals and respect for others.
Mar 4, 2013
523 posts
329 upvotes
Probably can take most marks out by a dual action polisher with a moderately aggressive compound. DIY or take it to a body shop and ask them to polish it out, less than half and hours work.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21621 posts
2389 upvotes
acheuk wrote: Probably can take most marks out by a dual action polisher with a moderately aggressive compound. DIY or take it to a body shop and ask them to polish it out, less than half and hours work.
Marks like that will take a while as they are curved. It will take a less powerful 3" machine. Prep alone will take 30 mins. An aggressive compound followed by polish should make them less visible. Wet sanding may be necessary if they are deep, but you need a guage to be sure.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9222 posts
1378 upvotes
Op not lucky ran into a crazy not there.
Dec 14, 2012
586 posts
126 upvotes
Heard of cars being keyed, but "sand papered" is a first (for me).

Where else did the car get sanded?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)