Iteavel
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1213 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
Best beaches are in Cayo Coco. Same goes for service and many also say food is better there as well. Varadero has better nightlife, golf and a bit more tours to choose from.

Try to avoid Sunwing, if you can.
Dmitri Markine Wedding Photography: My 500pix||My Flickr||My Pinterest||My Instagram
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27358 posts
6970 upvotes
Hamilton
Flew sunwing twice. All ok
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1213 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
Premium wrote: Is there a reason to avoid Sunwing?
It's one of the worst airlines if not the worst. Just google: Sunwing Scam
You'll read 100s of negative cases. If anything bad happens(which isn't that rare), you have far more chances of getting more help/refund/customer service from any other airlines.
Although it's not always possible to avoid them, I sure try since I've had some serious issues with them and they could care less. 10,000s had similar experiences.
Dmitri Markine Wedding Photography: My 500pix||My Flickr||My Pinterest||My Instagram
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10654 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
How old are you? If you're into the club/spring break scene hit up varadero. If you just want to chill the f out, breezes Jibacoa

Also be sure to make use of your cigar allotment. Can't beat the prices procuring in Cuba.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2598 posts
1786 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
demi2004 wrote: It's one of the worst airlines if not the worst. Just google: Sunwing Scam
You'll read 100s of negative cases. If anything bad happens(which isn't that rare), you have far more chances of getting more help/refund/customer service from any other airlines.
Although it's not always possible to avoid them, I sure try since I've had some serious issues with them and they could care less. 10,000s had similar experiences.
I'm in the travel industry and I can tell you a HORROR story about every airline. If someone has a negative experience and don't receive a full refund (or partial) because airlines just don't do that- they feel scammed. Google ANY airline you will find thousands of negative reviews.

Sunwing is fine for the Caribbean. 3 hour flight to Cuba you will be fine. Be wary of Cuban hotels as the standards are far less compared to pretty much anywhere else in the world.
Nov 24, 2011
156 posts
20 upvotes
INNISFIL
I just got back from Holguin and paid 800 taxes in for a 4*. Very good deal in my opinion, but like others said depends on want you want? Relax and stay at resort or party and hit up bars or visiting Havana and day trips.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4141 posts
2014 upvotes
Mississauga
demi2004 wrote: Try to avoid Sunwing, if you can.
Cannot recommend this enough. Fooled me twice, never again. Now I choose to spend more but suffer and worry less
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1431 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
FYI if they say its a 5 star resort thats in Cuban standards..its really a 3.5.

Stayed at RIU Varadero..that place was far from a 5 star resort. Food was terrible.
Dec 26, 2005
963 posts
361 upvotes
Ottawa
I've used sunwing generally 1 or 2 times a year, for years, and have never had a bad experience whatsoever. But, as brunettegirl said, all airlines will have bad reviews.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4851 posts
793 upvotes
Burlington
I will pick Sunwing any day over Air Canada Rouge. Cayo Largo is also an option for something more interesting in Cuba.