• Sep 19th, 2016 10:45 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3452 posts
219 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area

Last edited by gizmo8 on Sep 17th, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
27 replies
May 21, 2013
819 posts
369 upvotes
Montreal
post the tracking info

check your community mail box or mail box?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
34303 posts
8126 upvotes
Ottawa
You seem to have bad luck with Canada Post. I guess I am the opposite. We get lots of parcels and have always had good service.
You live in a single house? Apartment? Multi dwelling housing? Is your house number visible? Someone stealing your package?
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Jun 5, 2015
966 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gizmo8 wrote: So I was working at home and was expecting a package from CP by xpresspost,I get a notice on my e-mail the item been delivered.I never heard a ring or knock on the door so I went outside.Nothing there.No card for pickup.Second time this has happen this year.So I started a ticket with their "investigation" department and after I typed in my information 6 hours later the case been closed?.I already express my comments with CP by phone about the carrier the first time but it seems they do not care.So congradulations CP unions for getting your sweet contract too bad the service is still garbage.
Nothing new. Exact same thing happened to me last month. The status showed delivery at 9:40 something in the morning but nothing was there. I contacted CP and they refused to investigate and told me it had to be initiated by the sender, in this case, the seller from the online store I bought the item from. Fortunately it was nothing expensive and the seller seemed to have insurance(?) or/and got tired of dealing with CP, so I got a refund a few days later
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12494 posts
1989 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
They seem to deliver amazon's stuff pretty fast. Must be the contract$$. Have money talk, no money no talk.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
May 21, 2013
819 posts
369 upvotes
Montreal
if you don't post the tracking info, sounds like another fairy tale from good old gizmo
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
You left a part out. The investigation ticket was closed because?
Jun 5, 2015
966 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ksimms3 wrote: if you don't post the tracking info, sounds like another fairy tale from good old gizmo
You don't need to believe it actually happened, and the OP has no obligation to convince you...just wait till the same thing happens to you - which I am pretty sure it will at some point
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
gizmo8 wrote:
tungustungus wrote: You left a part out. The investigation ticket was closed because?
CP never gives a reason why the ticket was closed.It's just updated to close when I log online and check.Anyways the sender is a large company that deals with CP so they would investigate on their end .I also had time sensitive documents delivered to my neighbour also this year and when I file a complaint I get zero response from CP on why this happen.
Imagine if everyone took that attitude.
Guy you hit my car!
response: "case closed"

You didn't give me correct change
response: "case closed"
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
34303 posts
8126 upvotes
Ottawa
ksimms3 wrote:if you don't post the tracking info, sounds like another fairy tale from good old gizmo
gizmo8 wrote: i could post the tracking number but what is the purpose of that?.It would just show the item been "delivered" at a certain time which I have on security camera that shows no package was dropped off.Like I mentioned I was home, got the notice on my phone the item was just delivered,went to the door zippo.
I agree with you. It is none of anyone's business what the tracking number is. Why would they want to check for you. Besides, it has details that are of no concern to others.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
take pictures of the front of your house showing the enclosure and the camera and you may opt for sending them a copy of your security tape.
I mean do that next time. Then ask them "if the package was not placed at my door why did the carrier say it was?"
May 21, 2013
819 posts
369 upvotes
Montreal
Pete_Coach wrote:
ksimms3 wrote:if you don't post the tracking info, sounds like another fairy tale from good old gizmo
gizmo8 wrote: i could post the tracking number but what is the purpose of that?.It would just show the item been "delivered" at a certain time which I have on security camera that shows no package was dropped off.Like I mentioned I was home, got the notice on my phone the item was just delivered,went to the door zippo.
I agree with you. It is none of anyone's business what the tracking number is. Why would they want to check for you. Besides, it has details that are of no concern to others.
I work with Canada Post, and you have no idea how many clients say they don't receive a item and voila it's in their mail box.
Jun 5, 2015
966 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ksimms3 wrote:
Pete_Coach wrote:
I work with Canada Post, and you have no idea how many clients say they don't receive a item and voila it's in their mail box.
That explains a lot , of course you work for them! well it did happen to me and nothing was in my mailbox and the status showed it was delivered at 9:40 am - which was a ref flag right there , since the CP truck always comes to my building around or after lunch hour. That same day I was expecting 2 packages and only got one . Awesome job Canada Post!

Oh, and when I contacted the seller to initiate an investigation with CP, the seller got pretty frustrated too and said this had happened quite a bit with Canada Post, after the status changed to delivered, sometimes it showed up weeks later, sometimes it never did
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
34303 posts
8126 upvotes
Ottawa
ksimms3 wrote:
Pete_Coach wrote:
Not that I am siding with the OP but, your claim is as unsubstantiated and seemingly self serving. Bring some reality and evidence to the table and perhaps your trying to justify your job will have credibility.
Jun 5, 2015
966 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pete_Coach wrote:
ksimms3 wrote:
Pete_Coach wrote:

Not that I am siding with the OP but, your claim is as unsubstantiated and seemingly self serving. Bring some reality and evidence to the table and perhaps your trying to justify your job will have credibility.
That's why I keep hoping they go on with their strike so we can finally give up and switch to something more reliable and accountable