Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2018 7:29 pm
Tags:
None
55 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1516 posts
969 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
My credit card offer 4% with groceries and gas so i just buy amazon gift cards at the grocery shop to get 4%. Just my 2 cents for those who have a high rewards on their credit card.
Nov 29, 2015
166 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
You can actually get 4% off Amazon GC when you use your PayTM points on the app. You can then proceed to use ebates when you shop. Probably another 1-3% there.
My 3 cents.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
3702 posts
1628 upvotes
JFRACINE wrote: My credit card offer 4% with groceries and gas so i just buy amazon gift cards at the grocery shop to get 4%. Just my 2 cents for those who have a high rewards on their credit card.
I thought when they give you cash back, they base it on the category of the product not the location you buy... Maybe I am mistaken.
Dec 21, 2013
45 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary, AB
rapashoo wrote: I thought when they give you cash back, they base it on the category of the product not the location you buy... Maybe I am mistaken.
They are using merchant category codes. So It is not even _where_ you buy but more like, where do you pay. For example costco is not classified as grocery, only as Shopping & Services. But costco/shell a gas station is "Gas station" no matter what you pay for.
Last edited by velaar on Jun 8th, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4963 posts
5082 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I got this deal couple time last month. Which come down to before 3% ebates + 2% Amex cash back + whatever % ebates when I make purchases at Amazon.
The best deal was Shell AirMiles promo just ended June 3, which get 110 AirMiles for purchase $100 GC (Which I purchase Amazon and LCBO).
Too bad shell end it early.

This is the 2nd best deal.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4963 posts
5082 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BarcaXtreme wrote: You can actually get 4% off Amazon GC when you use your PayTM points on the app. You can then proceed to use ebates when you shop. Probably another 1-3% there.
My 3 cents.
but at PayTM, you have to pay via your bank account, which you don't get credit card points.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3370 posts
1753 upvotes
Ottawa
lol. Why does the ebates giftcard website use different login credentials than the normal ebates site? Why is it even a different site?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1537 posts
696 upvotes
eugene188 wrote: lol. Why does the ebates giftcard website use different login credentials than the normal ebates site? Why is it even a different site?
Because Ebates actually sends you to cardswap to purchase the gift cards, as they don't actually sell you the gift cards
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4567 posts
1980 upvotes
GVRD
wozent wrote: A good way to convert USD to CAD
What do you mean? I'm interested...
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2041 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Will my Amex gold card work? Can I buy worth 1000 worth or gift cards? Reach my spending limit.
Sep 20, 2007
963 posts
465 upvotes
GVRD
Thanks, OP. I was about to order some from Amazon.ca. :)
Feb 16, 2003
659 posts
108 upvotes
Anyone knows if there is a specific day that they changed their deals (percentages) or could be anydays?
WTB:
Nov 3, 2009
582 posts
261 upvotes
bigphil26 wrote: Because Ebates actually sends you to cardswap to purchase the gift cards, as they don't actually sell you the gift cards
What I find hilarious about Ebates giftcardshop (cardswap) is that, for exactly the same card, you can get different cash back rates:

Ordering any of these gift cards results in the exact same PC Gift card being sent:
  • 1% - Atlantic Superstore
  • 1.5% - Dominion
  • 2.5% - Extra Foods
  • 1.5% - Fortinos
  • 1.5% - Independent
  • 1.5% - Loblaws
  • 1.5% - Maxi
  • 1.5% - No Frills
  • 1.5% - Provigo
  • 1.5% - Real Canadian Superstoe
  • 1% - Valumart
  • 1% - Wholesale Club
  • 1.5% - Zehrs
I feel so bad for those folks who pick the "right" store and get less.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5257 posts
1206 upvotes
JFRACINE wrote: My credit card offer 4% with groceries and gas so i just buy amazon gift cards at the grocery shop to get 4%. Just my 2 cents for those who have a high rewards on their credit card.
Yup, I do this even though my card only has 2% on groceries. 2% is better than zero. In this case I'll just add ebates on top.
Sep 16, 2016
822 posts
1048 upvotes
If I buy the gc from ebates gc store, then use the gc to buy something from amazon.ca
If ebates has 2% cash back from amazon, that means I will get 5% back in total, correct?
Sep 20, 2007
963 posts
465 upvotes
GVRD
Does anyone know how long they take to process the order?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
4011 posts
4034 upvotes
Montreal
ysl5710 wrote: Will my Amex gold card work? Can I buy worth 1000 worth or gift cards? Reach my spending limit.
Yes, you need to link your Amex card to Paypal and use Paypal / Amex card to pay eBates giftcardshop.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
4011 posts
4034 upvotes
Montreal
ndy4eva wrote: Does anyone know how long they take to process the order?
Mobile, printable and reloadable gift cards (ie. Amazon giftcard) will be delivered to your email within 1-2 business days.
Physical gift cards will be delivered to your billing address about 1-2 weeks.