Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2018 7:39 am
Tags:
None
45 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
318 upvotes
vancouver, bc
What are your dates for such low prices ?
Jan 24, 2017
123 posts
223 upvotes
16:10 YUL 17:10 TPE +2 Flight Details 37h00m......1 Connection (20h15m) O_O
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
I have recently been considering one of these long Chinese airline flights because you can make a long overnight layover to make the trip easier with a hotel stay. But reading a lot of bad reviews about China southern and eastern. Anyone can chime in here who has flown air china? Heard about real dirty washrooms and rude people and staff and just overall unpleasant flights.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1801 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
ToC says:

From Vancouver: in November: 12/19/26.
From Montreal: to Havana: September 24 - December 14, 2018 (Blackout dates: January 1-14, 2019(inbound flight)).
to other cities: in November: 12-16/18-22(Blackout dates: January 1-14 and January 26 - February 7, 2019(inbound flight)).
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1265 posts
986 upvotes
Ottawa
slowtyper wrote: I have recently been considering one of these long Chinese airline flights because you can make a long overnight layover to make the trip easier with a hotel stay. But reading a lot of bad reviews about China southern and eastern. Anyone can chime in here who has flown air china? Heard about real dirty washrooms and rude people and staff and just overall unpleasant flights.
I've flown a few times with them. I've never had any major problems, though I found the seats pretty uncomfortable compared to other airlines I've flown to asia with. For the price, I'm not going to complain. I found the staff to be pretty nice, and accommodating.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1176 posts
922 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: I have recently been considering one of these long Chinese airline flights because you can make a long overnight layover to make the trip easier with a hotel stay. But reading a lot of bad reviews about China southern and eastern. Anyone can chime in here who has flown air china? Heard about real dirty washrooms and rude people and staff and just overall unpleasant flights.
I've flown all of them many times.

I think It's china air that is the cleanest, or air china. One of the 2. I wouldnt risk it tho. Im done saving 100-300$ by using chinese airlines.

Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 25th, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread derailing
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1801 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Canadadesi wrote: Can you provide supporting links for this information?

According to this - Canadians do need a visa:
https://www.visaforchina.org/YTO_EN/gen ... 6718.shtml

Thanks for posting.

CD

China provides two types of visa exemptions:
1) Transit Visa for 72 hours.
2) Transit visa for 144 hours IF entering from PVG, PEK, and TSN.

http://cy.china-embassy.org/eng/lsqw/t1567073.htm

I've done the 72 hours before, there's a special booth before immigration that issues you the visa on the spot. Then you go through normal immigration checks.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1801 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
secretalcoholic wrote: ToC says:

From Vancouver: in November: 12/19/26.
From Montreal: to Havana: September 24 - December 14, 2018 (Blackout dates: January 1-14, 2019(inbound flight)).
to other cities: in November: 12-16/18-22(Blackout dates: January 1-14 and January 26 - February 7, 2019(inbound flight)).
Can't actually find this fare on ITA Matrix, so I'm curious if it's either sold out, or what.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3571 posts
2935 upvotes
GTA
secretalcoholic wrote: China provides two types of visa exemptions:

I've done the 72 hours before, there's a special booth before immigration that issues you the visa on the spot. Then you go through normal immigration checks.

The key word here is "TRANSIT" - flying Air China to another country, say, Taiwan or Thailand, you can get a 144 hour transit visa upon arrival in Beijing in the event you want leave the airport

But if you're flying them to visit Shenyang or Guanzhou, you'll need a tourist visa BEFORE flying
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
I don't see $450 at all.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
May 31, 2017
63 posts
45 upvotes
Marphyin wrote: I don't see $450 at all.
the prices are for 2 people as noted at the top of the webpage.... ($899 / 2 = $449.50)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
milimeterpeter wrote: the prices are for 2 people as noted at the top of the webpage.... ($899 / 2 = $449.50)
I think this is a scam.. and there are no $450 flights. What they really mean is that you can book 2 flights @ $899 only if you buy 2.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1477 posts
33 upvotes
Markham
secretalcoholic wrote: China provides two types of visa exemptions:

I just had a layover at guangzhou decided to try to meet relatives at the airport. Went to the special booth (signage says 24 hour VISA) they denied me b/c you can only do it if your boarding time is at a minimum 8 hours long. My flight was 7.5 between boarding time.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5730 upvotes
what about YYZ? why no YYZ?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
2171 posts
874 upvotes
* I can attest that my ride on air China had been my worst airplane experience ever over my 20years of travelling experience (seemed like everyone was throwing how many years they’ve travelled so why not hehe)
I took air China last year to go to Singapore with layover in Beijing and I honestly didn’t mind the staff at the airport not being able to speak English cuz I went prepared but I just couldn’t stand the low standard behaviour of some people on the plane.
Speaking really loud as if we are at a hockey match, blowing their nose and throwing the tissue papers on the ground (while on the plane) not to mention people sticking their barefoot in between the seats of the passengers in front of them.
The flight attendants were ok - nothing exceptionally good or bad, though they kinda did look like robots cuz they didn’t like to smile much.
But and big but.. for the price I paid -499$ round trip to singapore- I expected worse and I did not have complaints afterwards.
By the way if anybody wants to go through Beijing they should give themselves at least two hours.
Also do not take the blanket they give you. It is full of hair from previous usage and god knows how many germs it has.

So to sum it up. * don’t expect much from paying under 500 to go to Asia and come back and you will be ok.
Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 25th, 2018 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread cleanup

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)