Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2019 2:18 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4021 posts
2372 upvotes
Ottawa
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Really? Last time I was in there, it was hot with no ac. And need to take a packed shuttle bus with no ac to the plane. It was a mess and stressful. Plus they throw away your battery bank if the marking of Mah isn't clear. If you have Lithium battery inside your luggage, expect it to stay there while you reached the next destination.
I guess you were unlucky with the A/C. I used the Beijing airport a couple of times and it was great. Also with the powerbanks, it is pretty strict about what the maximum size you can bring, I think they airlines now have warnings about lithium batteries too. If you knowingly brought one that was questionable and they found it, you can't really put the blame on them for finding it, can you?
Spaceballs wrote: So many liars... Just stop smuggling drugs bro!
lol for some reason, Canadians are totally ignoring the fact that the dude was smuggling drugs. It just doesn't fit their narrative of the evil communists.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9824 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
eugene188 wrote: I guess you were unlucky with the A/C. I used the Beijing airport a couple of times and it was great. Also with the powerbanks, it is pretty strict about what the maximum size you can bring, I think they airlines now have warnings about lithium batteries too. If you knowingly brought one that was questionable and they found it, you can't really put the blame on them for finding it, can you?
lol for some reason, Canadians are totally ignoring the fact that the dude was smuggling drugs. It just doesn't fit their narrative of the evil communists.
If you see how many battery bank they confiscated in there, you will know it really isn't about the capacity, but the marking of the capacity. The paint fade after a while. If they cannot see it, they confiscate it. It only happens in Beijing. And to be honest, I won't pass through China now that the relationship between Canada and China is so bad. You. Never know if you will. Be the next one.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1541 posts
385 upvotes
Damn this is super tempting. Thinking about traveling alone for the first time in my life.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1048 posts
784 upvotes
Gbyrd wrote: Damn this is super tempting. Thinking about traveling alone for the first time in my life.
try it once. I was like you too last year.
Once I started travelling alone I don't think I can go back. You get to travel on your timelines and your itinerary. Japan and Singapore are probably easiest for first solo trip too :)
Dec 10, 2003
282 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
jillaryit wrote: Thanks - I needed to go HK, and didn't want to go Singapore or Beijing again (1 time is enough) - so I planned a stopover in Japan in between and it was <1000. Pretty good!
Can you share your itinerary date and price? I need this same trip for October but I need to travel with 2 kids (3yrs and 6yrs). I dread the idea of layovers to add extra time to the already long flight.
Mar 12, 2017
686 posts
630 upvotes
Ontario
Kinata wrote: Thanks OP, just booked a trip from Toronto to Singapore, Singapore to Tokyo, Tokyo back to Toronto. $900 a person.
Nice find! How many days are you staying in Singapore?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
2192 posts
3572 upvotes
Toronto
TO_girl wrote: Can you share your itinerary date and price? I need this same trip for October but I need to travel with 2 kids (3yrs and 6yrs). I dread the idea of layovers to add extra time to the already long flight.
Most days get you a price below $1000. Eg.
Nov 6 - TO to Tokyo
Nov 13 - Tokyo to HK
Nov 27 - HK to TO
With reasonable departure and arrival times net $ 957 a person. Unfortunately I think all of the flights from and to TO would have to have a layover at this price.
Feb 17, 2019
60 posts
36 upvotes
This is not a big deal, if you actually look at ticket from Canada to Singapore all the time.
I personally feel that there are too many connecting flight. I don't even know why this is a hot deal.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12743 posts
25706 upvotes
Montreal
rocpoon wrote: This is not a big deal, if you actually look at ticket from Canada to Singapore all the time.
I personally feel that there are too many connecting flight. I don't even know why this is a hot deal.
With United/ANA, the more connecting flights you have, the more opportunities you have for stopovers and long layovers which permits you to visit more cities that you would not have visited otherwise.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7057 posts
3368 upvotes
It's cheap because the airfare is subsidized by the Chinese government, which is why Beijing is a mandatory stop. I wonder if anyone is considering just sleeping at the airport while waiting for their next leg
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
318 upvotes
vancouver, bc
Gbyrd wrote: Damn this is super tempting. Thinking about traveling alone for the first time in my life.
Most of us here are probably introverts... I traveled alone once.. it was awesome. You can do whatever you want. The only thing that can beat solo travel is if you travel with a bunch of submissive nonchalant obedient top models.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
Spaceballs wrote: Most of us here are probably introverts... I traveled alone once.. it was awesome. You can do whatever you want. The only thing that can beat solo travel is if you travel with a bunch of submissive nonchalant obedient top models.
When you travel enough you realize who's travelling for business and who's travelling for their own adult-rated adventure in SE Asia.

Travelling for business has it's own rewards, international commerce is it's own adventure.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9824 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
badOne wrote: It's cheap because the airfare is subsidized by the Chinese government, which is why Beijing is a mandatory stop. I wonder if anyone is considering just sleeping at the airport while waiting for their next leg
If you are thinking of using the lounge in Beijing, it is one of the more basic lounge with no ac. They don't even have a washroom inside the lounge.
And keep in mind you need to watch your belongings when you sleep. It is Beijing after all. Don't wake up with all your passport and things gone.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
318 upvotes
vancouver, bc
redflagdealsguy wrote: When you travel enough you realize who's travelling for business and who's travelling for their own adult-rated adventure in SE Asia.

Travelling for business has it's own rewards, international commerce is it's own adventure.
This thread is for China not SE Asia (pedophile paradise). Anyway I traveled alone in US and Europe. Wouldn't dare do it in South America, too dangerous.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
Spaceballs wrote: Most of us here are probably introverts... I traveled alone once.. it was awesome. You can do whatever you want. The only thing that can beat solo travel is if you travel with a bunch of submissive nonchalant obedient top models.
The biggest negative of travelling alone is there's only one eater....when you do a street food jaunt, it's hard to taste a large variety of stuff unless you're willing to throw out food which RFDers would not do. The other negative is you can't cost share (accommodations, taxis/car shares etc). The positive is you do what YOU really want and don't do what you DON'T want to do.

There's is a certain type of person who can travel alone...eg there are people who don't like to go to a restaurant alone even in their own hometown. In this case, not a good idea to travel alone IMO.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: The biggest negative of travelling alone is there's only one eater....when you do a street food jaunt, it's hard to taste a large variety of stuff unless you're willing to throw out food which RFDers would not do. The other negative is you can't cost share (accommodations, taxis/car shares etc). The positive is you do what YOU really want and don't do what you DON'T want to do.

There's is a certain type of person who can travel alone...eg there are people who don't like to go to a restaurant alone even in their own hometown. In this case, not a good idea to travel alone IMO.
that is true, i went alone first time last year to Hong Kong can't believe how many restaurants i missed!! It was a great experience as i got to do whatever i wanted. Another plus was there wasn't another person causing you stress as i had missed flight and delays.

tip: load your phone or w.e with tons of music. It helps a lot
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Jun 26, 2010
914 posts
688 upvotes
Vancouver
rjp123 wrote: Yes, you just flap your arms...

No you buy a cheap $100 ticket.
Or splurge a bit and find a Singapore Airlines A380 before they become extinct.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
I Face With Tears Of Joy
gr8dlr wrote: The biggest negative of travelling alone is there's only one eater....when you do a street food jaunt, it's hard to taste a large variety of stuff unless you're willing to throw out food which RFDers would not do....
You missed mentioning that pizza slogan: "free sex free sex". Am dragging my sex goddess with me...Face With Tears Of Joy

Is this <$1000 deal usually available in winter, between Jan-Mar? Itching to go on a street food tour....taiwan night street food, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Hanoi, HK.
Feb30th wrote: .. anyone who complain about Deal should just STFU. No one forced you to buy, read this thread, or even forced you to comment on this thread.
:D
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
Aznkid2000 wrote: that is true, i went alone first time last year to Hong Kong can't believe how many restaurants i missed!! It was a great experience as i got to do whatever i wanted. Another plus was there wasn't another person causing you stress as i had missed flight and delays.

tip: load your phone or w.e with tons of music. It helps a lot
Putting earbuds/headphones on is not best idea IMO.

A) You can't hear people /muggers approaching you from behind.
B) you miss the opportunity to be "approachable" by strangers. Talking/meeting locals is part of the fun of travelling alone. Keep you head up and smile and don't be afraid to ask questions or strike up a conversation!
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)