• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2020 1:13 am
Tags:
None
90 replies
Penalty Box
User avatar
Sep 29, 2003
4908 posts
513 upvotes
GTA
Of course.. JT is the best
Member
Apr 16, 2020
372 posts
475 upvotes
If you're usually working 40 hrs/week, CERB works out to $12.50/hr. I hope most people can do better than that.
Sr. Member
Oct 17, 2008
769 posts
320 upvotes
Earth
Hopefully our gov grows some brain during COVID :facepalm:... I am not willing to 'adopt' a CERB recipient, money could be better used elsewhere...already paid $2-3k per month into income taxes~~
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2015
702 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote: Anyone here staying on CERB instead of going back to work because it's more money than you make working?
If you are choosing to not go back you are no longer eligible for CERB...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2007
11149 posts
9429 upvotes
Winnipeg
how long does CERB last?
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12363 posts
11259 upvotes
I believe if you are being called back to work you have to go.. if you dont go, you will lose your CERB benefits as your employer will put you refused to go back to work on your ROE (Record of employment) submitted to Service Canada...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6116 posts
1958 upvotes
Mississauga
but if you need to take care of your child due to school and daycare closure, you should still be eligible for cerb?
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1451 posts
975 upvotes
Ripley
Any limit on how old the child can be? So if I want to stay home and look after my 13 year old?

I have been working all this time but would make more on CERB.
Newbie
Aug 18, 2008
52 posts
17 upvotes
lets say you get paid $16...would you work 160 hours for an extra $560 less cpp and ei?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6430 posts
5833 upvotes
andy_ca_cn wrote: Hopefully our gov grows some brain during COVID :facepalm:... I am not willing to 'adopt' a CERB recipient, money could be better used elsewhere...already paid $2-3k per month into income taxes~~
Grow some brains? How old are you? * Unbelievable how narrow-minded and short-sighted so many people are.
Last edited by MrDisco on May 8th, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: chill
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6430 posts
5833 upvotes
zeddy wrote: Any limit on how old the child can be? So if I want to stay home and look after my 13 year old?

I have been working all this time but would make more on CERB.
Please don't abuse the system. It for people who really need it not to accommodate your wants. This is not free money - us taxpayers will ultimately be paying for this. People need to stop being so short-sighted.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1451 posts
975 upvotes
Ripley
hierophant wrote: Please don't abuse the system. It for people who really need it not to accommodate your wants. This is not free money - us taxpayers will ultimately be paying for this. People need to stop being so short-sighted.
I was clearly being tongue in cheek because I said I was still going to work. Every. Day. I am one of those taxpayers you are referring to. But according to the rules of CERB there is no reason I can't decide to stay home and look after my 13 and 17 year old because they are both minors. If you think people that need it are the only people using it - you are wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6430 posts
5833 upvotes
zeddy wrote: I was clearly being tongue in cheek because I said I was still going to work. Every. Day. I am one of those taxpayers you are referring to. But according to the rules of CERB there is no reason I can't decide to stay home and look after my 13 and 17 year old because they are both minors. If you think people that need it are the only people using it - you are wrong.
No I don't think that hence my comment Winking Face...and sorry it wasn't clear to me you were being tongue and cheek especially with some of the other posts I've read

Thanks for working during this time I know it must be difficult- you rock!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12363 posts
11259 upvotes
zeddy wrote: I was clearly being tongue in cheek because I said I was still going to work. Every. Day. I am one of those taxpayers you are referring to. But according to the rules of CERB there is no reason I can't decide to stay home and look after my 13 and 17 year old because they are both minors. If you think people that need it are the only people using it - you are wrong.
17 is not a minor in terms of being home alone anyways, they are more than capable of looking after themselves.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1451 posts
975 upvotes
Ripley
Sanyo wrote: 17 is not a minor in terms of being home alone anyways, they are more than capable of looking after themselves.
You haven't met her. My 13 yr old is more responsible! There was no age limit stated in the requirements.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12363 posts
11259 upvotes
zeddy wrote: You haven't met her. My 13 yr old is more responsible! There was no age limit stated in the requirements.
true...buttttt...17....not gonna fly with cra.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 13, 2016
4221 posts
3715 upvotes
andy_ca_cn wrote: Hopefully our gov grows some brain during COVID :facepalm:... I am not willing to 'adopt' a CERB recipient, money could be better used elsewhere...already paid $2-3k per month into income taxes~~
Thanks sucker!
Sr. Member
Oct 17, 2008
769 posts
320 upvotes
Earth
hierophant wrote: Grow some brains? How old are you? * Unbelievable how narrow-minded and short-sighted so many people are.
So, people who could work and decided not to because they will be earning beyond the threshold of $1000 or more are consider intelligent and while hard-working people paying into tax system are considered narrow-minded and short-sighted......lol......there is something wrong with your logic...

I would only think the money I paid is well deserved by people who are in need...not those who are using it as a free guaranteed lottery!!!

While most of those in need cannot and may not even qualify (i.e. Homeless, people earning $1000.01) ... While those who don't need and want interest free loans have just 2 clicks away to get money to invest and make a profit out of this unprecedented time.....believe me... I know people like that... They are whom I don't sympathize with...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9146 posts
5025 upvotes
ferkel wrote: Of course.. JT is the best
JT is not the one paying for it. Credit should go to the ones who had to work hard to pay the taxes that pays for it.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)