[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3537 upvotes
Burnaby

--

--
Last edited by Guest13384726 on Jun 21st, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
39 replies
Nov 4, 2010
296 posts
273 upvotes
Canada
Sweeeeeet, if only then straight up matched price the current Google Nest Hub sale from the start instead of having to get customer service and all involved
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
I wish their mobile workstation line (P series) has a Ryzen 4900H option.
Mar 20, 2019
11 posts
Could have sworn there was a Canada day promo on the lonovo site a few hours ago for roughly $100 - $150 off some laptops. Specifically the Legion 5. Would have been nice to stack with the 12%
Feb 1, 2017
483 posts
821 upvotes
Laptops are really lagging behind atm... The Lenovo c940 15inch is last gen still for some reason...when the 14inch is up to date. And Dells XPS 15 2in1 is 8 gen while the non 2in1 are all up to date.

Atm these are my only two ideal laptops and both kind of lack and need an upgrade. I need digitizer, HD+ resolution and those, or a surface laptop are the only options. Best case is the c940 14 seems to be the only real contender, although it's cpu without an expensive upgrade is kinda meh compared to even low end ryzen flex offerings. And the 15inches get a gpu which is handy.
Dec 8, 2010
680 posts
284 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Has anyone has tried in the past to use Rakuten's Dell Consumer to buy Dell Work items and still get the cashback? Please share.
Feb 11, 2019
406 posts
446 upvotes
ON
Can confirm, had no issues, also might want to check your Amex (If you have one) for bonus Dell offers too
Jun 27, 2008
716 posts
73 upvotes
Does cashback on Dell work with 10% off student coupon?
Sep 10, 2012
852 posts
565 upvotes
Saskatoon
overtask wrote: Can confirm, had no issues, also might want to check your Amex (If you have one) for bonus Dell offers too
The problem with this option is that it takes you to a different URL where there is a very limited amount of options of what’s eligible vs the reg stuff on just dell.ca.
Apr 8, 2010
27 posts
61 upvotes
Waterloo
Remember folks - since we've now rolled into July, cash back won't be received until mid November.

In case that matters to anyone. :)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3590 posts
1125 upvotes
Mars
any desktop deal worth spending, like the costco alienware r8 last year?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2558 posts
706 upvotes
Ottawa
FWIW - Lenovo refused to give me cashback when I purchased two laptops using Rakuten a couple of months ago.
Very NOT happy with them
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5993 posts
2011 upvotes
Toronto
List form:

Old Navy - 6%
Lenovo - 12%
Nike - 6%
Dyson - 7.5%
The Body Shop - 6%
Eyewear by Clearly - 12%
Club Monaco - 7.5%
Under Armour - 9%
Coach - 10%
Adidas - 3%
Penningtons - 6%
Foot Locker - 4.5%
Kiehl's - 6%
KiwiCo - 22.5%
Hunter - 12%
Acer - 6%
Estee Lauder - 9%
Stuart Weitzman - 9%
LenovoPro - 12%
Linen Chest - 3%
Aveda - 9%
Fitflop - 6%
Chefs Plate - $22.50 Cash Back
EyeBuy Direct - 15%
IT Cosmetics - 6%
Boohoo - 9%
CharlotteTilbury - 10%
Ray Ban - 12%
MyProtein - 12%
Sunglass hut - 12%
Oakley - 12%
Smashbox - 12%
Clarks - 9%
Coach Outlet - 10%
Maurices - 6%
Cafe Britt - 12%
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3918 posts
8470 upvotes
golden_m wrote: FWIW - Lenovo refused to give me cashback when I purchased two laptops using Rakuten a couple of months ago.
Very NOT happy with them
Did they give you a reason for why?

Also any know if there is any way to get the student discount without being a student?
I applied with my old student ID card but it didn’t work

My daughter is only in jr high so I don’t think they’ll accept that
Public Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2558 posts
706 upvotes
Ottawa
NavieM wrote: Did they give you a reason for why?

Also any know if there is any way to get the student discount without being a student?
I applied with my old student ID card but it didn’t work

My daughter is only in jr high so I don’t think they’ll accept that
they said it was not approved as it was purchased under another program and then listed like 10 different ones. I have no idea what they are talking about. Emailed the Lenovo agent who bragged about giving me her direct email and she went silent. Called few days later and talked with another agent who assured me they will take care of this. She also mentioned that she is giving me her direct email so i can communicate with her. Received a reply that i am not eligible for cashback and she went silent on me as well, sent her 3 emails and no reply...
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6237 posts
2513 upvotes
Anyone know if the cash back at Lenovo is on the amount before tax or after?
Jul 26, 2008
203 posts
127 upvotes
golden_m wrote: they said it was not approved as it was purchased under another program and then listed like 10 different ones. I have no idea what they are talking about. Emailed the Lenovo agent who bragged about giving me her direct email and she went silent. Called few days later and talked with another agent who assured me they will take care of this. She also mentioned that she is giving me her direct email so i can communicate with her. Received a reply that i am not eligible for cashback and she went silent on me as well, sent her 3 emails and no reply...
It's kinda funny, I am having the same experience with Lenovo CS, no problem giving direct emails but never ever responding once after that, happened to 2 agents. What I normally do is just call back a few days later and force them to do what I need them to do on the phone and not offline at a later date... I get the first CS to write our convos on file even if they claim they will respond through email, so that if I ever need a different CS (as was for both cases) I can easily just call back and get the new CS agent to help me on the spot since I never get emailed back.
Feb 4, 2020
76 posts
116 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: Anyone know if the cash back at Lenovo is on the amount before tax or after?
With cash back, it's usually before tax.
Feb 11, 2019
406 posts
446 upvotes
ON
squint72 wrote: The problem with this option is that it takes you to a different URL where there is a very limited amount of options of what’s eligible vs the reg stuff on just dell.ca.
Doesn’t matter, as long as FQDN is dell.com (which dell.ca redirects to), this does also mean you can use US Rakuten with the Canadian store
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2058 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
overtask wrote: Doesn’t matter, as long as FQDN is dell.com (which dell.ca redirects to), this does also mean you can use US Rakuten with the Canadian store
What's FQDN? And what did you buy from the work store? I'm looking to buy a monitor and have a 15% coupon that can only be applied on the work site.