[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3537 upvotes
Burnaby

--

--
Last edited by Guest13384726 on Jun 21st, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
110 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
37361 posts
5236 upvotes
Winnipeg
Did they think people aren't interested in buying these days or delivery service is not working?
WTB amazon gc @90%
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6689 posts
6349 upvotes
Ottawa
divx wrote: Did they think people aren't interested in buying these days or delivery service is not working?
Isn't there some sort of pandemic going on right now that's putting an additional strain on shipping? Something like that? Haven't been paying close attention to the news :)
Aug 30, 2016
62 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah, makes sense. Most of the Prime-eligible items that I can normally get in 1–2 days are still showing as unavailable or won't ship for a month, typically consumables I buy monthly. Less issues with big one-off purchases like new appliances.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13762 posts
3124 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Konowl wrote: Isn't there some sort of pandemic going on right now that's putting an additional strain on shipping? Something like that? Haven't been paying close attention to the news :)
Pretty much it. If they can hardly handle shipping now... imagine a Prime Day. Fahgetaboutit. Weird you can get outdoor BBQ stuff and accessories in 1-2 days prime yet other more pressing items take week - 10 days. :rolleyes:
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1332 posts
900 upvotes
London, On
I'm reasonably sure that their courier company partners have told them they aren't willing to take on a Prime Day surge in volume right now.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
37361 posts
5236 upvotes
Winnipeg
Konowl wrote: Isn't there some sort of pandemic going on right now that's putting an additional strain on shipping? Something like that? Haven't been paying close attention to the news :)
There is a backlog in shipping but that just means amazon can't guarantee their 2 day prime shipping, it will be like a week or even two weeks. I can't see how the situation will be back to normal by September.
WTB amazon gc @90%
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12217 posts
7298 upvotes
Beginning of April they cancelled the Mother's and Father's Day sales and said Prime Day was delayed until August. We had that amazing fashion sale instead. (What amazing fashion sale? Indeed.)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN21L2S6

If they are shooting for September now, that's slightly less optimistic than they were 3 months ago, and way more optimistic than I would be now.

I don't have faith that Amazon's logistics problems will be ok by September. A lot of US brands are not warehoused in Canada and while some US products have still arrived for me < 7 days, I have identical items originating from the same US Amazon Hub that have been stuck in cross-border purgatory for weeks. That's Amazon not CP clearing them across the border too. I think a lot of Amazon's own brands are exclusively US-warehoused. Now the US is facing another massive downturn due to corona restrictions, they are either going to have to delay again or have some very dissatisfied Canadians waiting weeks for their goods. The last corona peak in the US, Amazon Logistics stopped shipping to certain swaths of cities. No reason to believe that situation will not be upon them again soon.

Domestically, last week I had two packages by Amazon Logistics become lost within hours of being shipped. I waited a week and they were really truly lost. No trouble to get replacements, but shipping is still pretty kooky even in Canada.

Colour me skeptical.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13025 posts
8265 upvotes
Markham
aznnorth wrote: Pretty much it. If they can hardly handle shipping now... imagine a Prime Day. Fahgetaboutit. Weird you can get outdoor BBQ stuff and accessories in 1-2 days prime yet other more pressing items take week - 10 days. :rolleyes:
You think September will be better? Just look at US case number

They are still in wave 1 lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5710 posts
5368 upvotes
Vancouver
Does Amazon need to invest in a Prime Day this year?

The de facto first stop for online shopping is already Amazon.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13762 posts
3124 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
smartie wrote: You think September will be better? Just look at US case number

They are still in wave 1 lol
Look for items fulfilled by amazon.CA. For me in TO that wud mean their warehouse in mississauga.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1332 posts
900 upvotes
London, On
aznnorth wrote: Look for items fulfilled by amazon.CA. For me in TO that wud mean their warehouse in mississauga.
Amazon currently has 7 warehouses in Ontario, and 13 across Canada, and earlier this week, they announced their 2nd warehouse for Ottawa. Each warehouse has a selection, not the entire website, so it depends on what you order where it comes from (might even come from elsewhere in the world).
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13762 posts
3124 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
djeffery wrote: Amazon currently has 7 warehouses in Ontario, and 13 across Canada, and earlier this week, they announced their 2nd warehouse for Ottawa. Each warehouse has a selection, not the entire website, so it depends on what you order where it comes from (might even come from elsewhere in the world).
As long as it doesnt come from the states, right?? That's what you want to void. However, where items are located in nearby warehouses whether in US or vice versa, amazon has their own cargo airline that travels between major warehouses. Normally this is only 1-2 days delay max. However with the beer virus, this will also be a cause of delays for certain prime items. Each major warehouse has an air travel radius in which a prime item will still be delivered on time if available at nearby warehouses within that radius.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12217 posts
7298 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: Look for items fulfilled by amazon.CA. For me in TO that wud mean their warehouse in mississauga.
There's no way to know where your stuff is coming from in advance of shipping. There's no distinction on Amazon.ca for products shipping from the US (and extremely rarely, through Amazon Logistics from Mexico) vs. from Canada.

I buy a lot of clothing and shoes on the site and the majority originates in the US. Grocery, household, health & beauty and so on will certainly ship out of Mississauga for you, but not every category is like that.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1332 posts
900 upvotes
London, On
aznnorth wrote: As long as it doesnt come from the states, right?? That's what you want to void. However, where items are located in nearby warehouses whether in US or vice versa, amazon has their own cargo airline that travels between major warehouses. Normally this is only 1-2 days delay max. However with the beer virus, this will also be a cause of delays for certain prime items.Each major warehouse has an air travel radius in which a prime item will still be delivered on time if available at nearby warehouses within that radius.
From US to Canada, they will generally fly it into the Canadian gateway (Hamilton, Mirabel, Vancouver, probably Calgary) and move it via whichever ground carrier. If it's coming from another Canadian warehouse by air, they typically just give it to Purolator and they will fly it and deliver to destination.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12217 posts
7298 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: As long as it doesnt come from the states, right?? That's what you want to void. However, where items are located in nearby warehouses whether in US or vice versa, amazon has their own cargo airline that travels between major warehouses. Normally this is only 1-2 days delay max. However with the beer virus, this will also be a cause of delays for certain prime items. Each major warehouse has an air travel radius in which a prime item will still be delivered on time if available at nearby warehouses within that radius.
I'd say to have a US origin order picked, transported to the nearest Amazon Air hub, cross the border, and show up in Mississauga is a minimum of 5 days. If they pick INTELLCOM then I get it the next day, and if last mile is done by CP...well I have stuff that hasn't scanned for a couple weeks in Amazon tracking and that's because it's waiting to be acknowledged by CP.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8451 posts
5424 upvotes
Global Village
Early fall would make sense for BTS.
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1553 posts
516 upvotes
What happens if you get a refund from Amazon for a package that never arrived (over 3 months) .
Do they redirect the package so it's returned to Amazon if ever found or could it show up at my doorstep one day? ( Maybe for Xmas ☺️)

I'm not looking for a freebie but just want to know what Amazon does.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12217 posts
7298 upvotes
wra45mon wrote: What happens if you get a refund from Amazon for a package that never arrived (over 3 months) .
Do they redirect the package so it's returned to Amazon if ever found or could it show up at my doorstep one day? ( Maybe for Xmas ☺️)

I'm not looking for a freebie but just want to know what Amazon does.
First with replacement:

All of the items in the missing order are marked "Return requested" and processed as a return/exchange but obviously you do not have to send what you don't have back.

The order is marked "Replacement ordered," and linked to one or more new replacement order #'s, or new exchange order #'s.

The new order(s) contain(s) everything you originally ordered at a price of $0 each. I don't know what they do if you want to return or replace again? You must go through Customer Service not the self-serve options at any rate.

They neither refund not charge your credit card (because it has already been charged for the lost order).

In the case of Replacement or Refund:

They will make an insurance claim against the shipper. The shipper will then prove that it has been delivered (and then likely pirated) or accept that it is in another way lost and pay off Amazon, at which point the shipper has no motive to return anything to Amazon. So whether it is sold off as unclaimed freight or something, or ends up with you, who knows. Once you get your return/replacement processed, Amazon is done with you.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3537 upvotes
Burnaby
IMO, Amazon's decision is mainly due to availability of new stock not to delivery (shipping) logistics.

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,