• Sep 3rd, 2006 9:42 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9906 posts
2641 upvotes
Montreal
So anyone get the media code off these printable Memorex yet? Any good or crap media?
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
yuprules wrote:So anyone get the media code off these printable Memorex yet? Any good or crap media?
MID? checkout this post

quality? checkout the Dolph's post

...and perhap's buck's suggestion
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9906 posts
2641 upvotes
Montreal
silicone wrote:they are 16X - Made in Taiwan
Media code/Manufacturer ID CMC MAG. AM3

Complete Media Code
00000000 00 6C 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 52 00 02 84 0D 12 [email protected]
00000010 98 99 90 00 03 43 4D 43 20 4D 41 00 04 47 2E 20 .....CMC MA..G.
00000020 41 4D 33 00 05 88 80 00 00 00 02 00 06 09 0D 14 AM3.............
CMC MAG???? anyone? Good/bad?

Never mind, not so hot:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=169475
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=189375
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5136 posts
1703 upvotes
Toronto
yuprules wrote:CMC MAG???? anyone? Good/bad?
For long term storage, they are bad media.
Nov 13, 2003
765 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
Mr. Robo wrote:Alright, I just came back from FS.
The Imatioin discs +/- have manufacturing code of OPTODISCR016.

which is better the Imation or Memorex?
My local FS (downtown Montreal) had all Taiwanese Imations and one of the two (don't recall if it was + or - as I was in a hurry) were definately Optodiscs based on the hub markings. I couldn't make out the others. The MII discs will probably have Moser Baer MIDs. Can anybody comment on the quality of the Moser Baer discs (+ or -) and has anybody spotted these at a Montreal area FS?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2619 posts
1206 upvotes
PM POSSIBLY DEAD.

Just got back from a Future Shop in the GTA and they had already updated their memorex printable DVD+R price to match bestbuy's $19.98.

They didn't have any of the DVD-R.

Tried calling another future shop in the GTA and got some guy who barely spoke english to check out the scanned price of memorex printable dvd+r SKU in their system, he came back and told me it was 64.99.... to which I asked, "did you scan it or look at the sticker on the shelf?" he replied "yes" .... :mad:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9906 posts
2641 upvotes
Montreal
drunkgoat wrote:PM POSSIBLY DEAD.

Just got back from a Future Shop in the GTA and they had already updated their memorex printable DVD+R price to match bestbuy's $19.98.

They didn't have any of the DVD-R.

Tried calling another future shop in the GTA and got some guy who barely spoke english to check out the scanned price of memorex printable dvd+r SKU in their system, he came back and told me it was 64.99.... to which I asked, "did you scan it or look at the sticker on the shelf?" he replied "yes" .... :mad:
Welcome to [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]DELL[/rfdlink] computer tech support!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2619 posts
1206 upvotes
These are the media codes I got:

Imation DVD-R 16x
Manufacturer ID: OPTODISCR016

Imation DVD+R 16x
Disc ID: OPTODISC-R16-00

Memorex Ink jet Prnt. DVD+R 16x
Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
drunkgoat wrote:These are the media codes I got:

Imation DVD-R 16x
Manufacturer ID: OPTODISCR016

Imation DVD+R 16x
Disc ID: OPTODISC-R16-00

Memorex Ink jet Prnt. DVD+R 16x
Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00
Sweet!! I need more OPTODISCR16 :cheesygri
(highly recommended for Pioneer DVR-111D owners!)
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2004
1398 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
This morning I was at the "Stock Yards" Future Shop location in Toronto and there were four DVD packages on the shelf. I picked up two and the sales agent took the other two for himself. This location does not appear to have any more left. Nevertheless, the price after PM was $15.50.

Great Deal - Thanks...

Now I can finally unpackage my new Epson R200 that I picked up last summer for $9 after rebates and PM. It apparently prints directly on CDs and DVDs.
Jun 10, 2005
582 posts
Soo...Final verdict on these anyone? Should i go with Memorex or the imitations? Price isnt an issue as it's something like a $5 difference right?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2619 posts
1206 upvotes
The Digital Dolphin wrote:Sweet!! I need more OPTODISCR16 :cheesygri

Any idea how it is for the Pioneer 110D?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9906 posts
2641 upvotes
Montreal
The Digital Dolphin wrote:Sweet!! I need more OPTODISCR16 :cheesygri
Not recommended for OTHER dvd burners, they read them as 12x or even 4x!

Here's a chart that has the DVD-r's: http://club.cdfreaks.com/printthread.php?t=125868

now the question is, how is the QUALITY of the dvd's, not the speed? Can't find any reviews about this media.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2004
1398 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
SALTY3142 wrote:Soo...Final verdict on these anyone? Should i go with Memorex or the imitations? Price isnt an issue as it's something like a $5 difference right?
Over the last few years I've litterly burned over a thousand DVDs on a variety of brands ranging from the cheap Factory Direct and CWO lines to the more expensive ones such as TDK, Maxell, etc.

In my expereince, Memorex is the most stable and compatable brand that I've found. I know that they outsource their manufacturing so each package is not necessarilly from the same production line or even manufacturing plant. However, my experience with Memorex has been excellant. I suspect that Memorex has tight specification requirements for their DVDs so no matter who makes them, you're getting a base line product.
Jun 10, 2005
582 posts
Arite Azenha, good enough for me! :D thanks! gonna get the memorex
Jun 8, 2004
199 posts
8 upvotes
I just picked up a pack of each of the dvd-r and dvd+r at my local FS and PM'd with BB and it was $15.50 each.

Both mine are MIT with Disc ID's below..

DVD+R - Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00

DVD-R - Manufacturer ID: CMC MAG. AM3

Hope that helps..
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1625 posts
921 upvotes
MB
yuprules wrote:Not recommended for OTHER dvd burners, they read them as 12x or even 4x!

Here's a chart that has the DVD-r's: http://club.cdfreaks.com/printthread.php?t=125868

now the question is, how is the QUALITY of the dvd's, not the speed? Can't find any reviews about this media.
Go to www.videohelp.com they have peoples reviews of all kinds of blank dvds, players, how-to's etc.
Sep 24, 2005
396 posts
5 upvotes
Montreal
The Digital Dolphin wrote:It's Memorex.... they send their contracts to the lowest bidders. Their media varies from batch to batch and sometimes disc to disc.
If that were true they'd be princos or those AN and fake TY crap, I've used memorex for five years , never had a bad disk and no disk has ever gone bad(hundreds at least), I assume you've seen quality control issues with batches but I've never seen it, are they the only name brand disks to have questionable batches? I believe they do in fact require some quality control from their suppliers, not the best I'm sure but up to brand standard.

I'm actually surprised you said that with the extensive testing you do and knowlege you've accumulated. there are so many truly shat disks that get sold these days just look at those no-name discounted 100 cake boxes fs and best buy sells, you literally can't burn the disks. Do you believe these memorex are comparable to that?