• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2006 9:42 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3130 posts
1 upvote
yep downtown T.O. futureshop hiding stock!!
"We don't have any in the back" then FS clerk coughs suspiciously. :mad:
website says they have stock.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2003
1652 posts
182 upvotes
Hamilton
I got what appeared to the be the last (2) -R packs at Hamilton Mountain today. Just took a printout of the Best Buy website to the customer service desk. She couldn't seem to ring in both at the same time, so I had to do it seperate transactions. At first she didn't bring up the 10% PM - just $19.99 and I had to correct her. Wonder if they are trained for that? ;)
50% back at Home Depot & Ebay and 100% at AliExpress - NO WAY!
social-good-rebate-up-100-aliexpress-dh ... #p35066583
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2003
3872 posts
57 upvotes
gostinger wrote:The clerk after I got them at Futureshop Ajax ....I think was going to hide all the stock....Staples???????????

I got some at the Whitby Futureshop today but had the usual BS from the CSR that they don't 110% pricematch Bestbuy because they are the same company. After the manager came over I said I would like to pay for them with my Bestbuy giftcard then.... and maybe call corporate later to let them know about the policy change at that store. He rang them up at $15.50 and apologized profusely for her behaviour.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2004
1398 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
steve.m wrote:yep downtown T.O. futureshop hiding stock!!
"We don't have any in the back" then FS clerk coughs suspiciously. :mad:
website says they have stock.
I'd STRONGLY suggest avoiding the downtown Toronto FS store (Yonge @ Elm). I've never had a simple PM with them. I always end up having to wait around from 15 to 30 minutes discussing, arguing, etc. with the sales agent, and eventually the manger.

The last PM I had at this location was for a Logitech Harmony 880 remote with [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink]. FS had a $50 rebate and they tried everything from first refusing to PM, arguming that it was a loss for them, then adding the rebate to the PM, claiming it was a different product, then claiming that [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=168]Dell's[/rfdlink] return policy was different, etc, etc. I ended up called Head Office on my cell who confirmed that the PM should go through. Only then did they complete the PM. And, they did not even want to talk to Head Office when I tried to hand the cell over to them - they just took my word that I was talking to Head Office. Obviously they knew very well that it was a legitimate PM, but did not want to process it.

I've also had similar expereinces in the past at this location with PMing an SD card, digital camera, and a few other items that I just can't recall at the moment. They really put up a fight at this location. And, if you are not prepared to fight back, and spend a bit of time doing it, just avoid this lcoation of FS.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3130 posts
1 upvote
zenha wow thanks for the info. I did not realize how bad that FS is. I just happened to be in the neighbourhood today and thought why not pick up the dvd anyhow.
Sep 21, 2002
192 posts
1 upvote
Orangeville
I just got back from my local futureshop and boy do they ever try to weasel out of the pm, first it was "are you sure it isnt limited to 1 spindle" I said no not that i knew about , so they looked up the price on best buys site, then he had to go get his supervisor, which took over 15 minutes, think they were hoping id just give up and leave, then it was we dont have to give you the memorex for that price because they are regularly priced $64.99, we will give you the imation 100 packs because they are comparable and on for $19.99 also, should have seen his face fall when i told him no they are not comparable, one is printable media the other isnt, so then it was another future shop employee huddle for 10 minutes while they tried to find another way to weasel out of it, finally they came back and said okay but you can only buy three spindles, i was trying so hard not to laugh, it was like the keystone cops live, anyway i said fine 3 will do I will just go to bestbuy and buy more, lol , hope everyone else has as much fun playing the pm game with futureshop.
Apr 12, 2006
12 posts
Went to the Coquitlam branch, had plenty of D+ and D-, price was $ 64.99.

Asked him to check BB and confirmed that that he would PM, got 3 packs at $15.49 ea. I am sure they are losing money.

Incidently, last week bought Maxwell 100s (8x), have found 2 faulty so far, this has never happened before, must be a bad batch, will return the lot if I find more faulty ones.
Jul 3, 2006
324 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
I live in Quebec and I went to Bestbuy to get the flyer and checkout their stock....they don't have none of the dvds in stock and the speakers that were on sale..........after that, I went to Futureshop in Anjou and Tashereau and both have none of the dvds........omg....and the funny thing is...Anjou FS has the altec vs2221 price down to 24.99 just like BestBuy lol so I went to Tashereau one and their price on the speaker was still at 79.99 so I PM and bought it...the cashier didn't check any thing or call to check if bestbuy have them in stock...I showed him the flyer and thats it ... I'm sure some Futureshop are hiding those Memorex spindle of dvds......
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3079 posts
1142 upvotes
Toronto
man i bought the imations 16x dvd+, i burned a dvd movie, doesnt work on my sony dvd player....the dvd menu work...but when playing the movie it stutters every second.....

i tried on a malata dvd player and it works flawlessly

guess it just isnt meant to be for my sony player :(

now i have 99 discs to go....ugh
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1625 posts
921 upvotes
MB
Bestbuy.ca is sold out of the +R so if you PM at futureshop you might have to get the -R. Don't know if they are that picky about that when PM at Futureshop.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13226 posts
3988 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
ray007 wrote:Went to the Coquitlam branch, had plenty of D+ and D-, price was $ 64.99.

Asked him to check BB and confirmed that that he would PM, got 3 packs at $15.49 ea. I am sure they are losing money.

Incidently, last week bought Maxwell 100s (8x), have found 2 faulty so far, this has never happened before, must be a bad batch, will return the lot if I find more faulty ones.
they probably won't loose money as they purchase a huge lot from a supplier (techdata or synnex)...imagine how many spindles they puchase as a chainwide both US and Canada....
=^.^= Past Wins:
[2019] Starbucks For Life: 1 Year
[2021] Starbucks Summer: 1 Week Bakery, Flipp Appinions: IOGO Survey, $20 GC
[2022] Starbucks Summer: $100 e-Gift Card
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2005
1229 posts
1 upvote
laertnoM, cebeuQ
NsK450 wrote:so I don't need to print anything....just go there and tell them to go on bestbuy.ca and check the prices right...........
Be careful! Some store will ask your to show them the flyer or website printed...

Remember the last time I PM'ed the Maxell CD-R at st00pleS, they didn't want to believe me nor checking the website...

So, if you want 100% of suceed, better have a backup (the flyer, website in hand)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
BestOffer wrote:they probably won't loose money as they purchase a huge lot from a supplier (techdata or synnex)...imagine how many spindles they puchase as a chainwide both US and Canada....
Sorry BestOffer, but you're 100% incorrect. You could get close to this price straight from the manufacturer (not quite this low though) if you purchased 10 million discs+ monthly... but throw in 1 middleman, and shipping, and you're already at about $0.17 CAD per disc... and that's not based on A grade media.

As it happens, that would be ~10-12 shipping containers of media monthly, and I *DO* know some companies that can do that! (and more!).
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Feb 3, 2004
147 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal
Hey DD, i got a DVR-111D, is it better to get the imations -R or +R ? They both look the same as for the media code, but is one of the 2 better ? Thanks in advance !
The Digital Dolphin wrote:Sweet!! I need more OPTODISCR16 :cheesygri
(highly recommended for Pioneer DVR-111D owners!)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
cheebster wrote:Hey DD, i got a DVR-111D, is it better to get the imations -R or +R ? They both look the same as for the media code, but is one of the 2 better ? Thanks in advance !
DVD+R for sure! The DVD-R has an extra '0' in the code.
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2619 posts
1205 upvotes
The Digital Dolphin wrote:DVD+R for sure! The DVD-R has an extra '0' in the code.

How much better can the DVD+R be?

The 111L I have rates the DVD-R at 16x but the DVD+R at 12x, so you would this the DVD-R would be better quality.
Jul 6, 2004
774 posts
3 upvotes
Halifax
The Digital Dolphin wrote:Sorry BestOffer, but you're 100% incorrect. You could get close to this price straight from the manufacturer (not quite this low though) if you purchased 10 million discs+ monthly... but throw in 1 middleman, and shipping, and you're already at about $0.17 CAD per disc... and that's not based on A grade media.

As it happens, that would be ~10-12 shipping containers of media monthly, and I *DO* know some companies that can do that! (and more!).
Well, what the manufacturer, middleman, and seller lose on the price, they make up for in quantity :) .
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6196 posts
1614 upvotes
Toronto
was at the Eglinton/Laird futureshop location, the cashier initially called BB to check stock, the staff from BB said they are busy and refused to check, the cashier was pissed, then I told her that there were stock from BB website when I checked. she didn't say anything, and pulled out her cell phone to calculate the PM price, and put 13.50 as the new price.
Feb 3, 2004
147 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there. Thanks for the thread, RFD rocks ! and thanks DD for the tips. I was on a laptop at the local futureshop when i posted the question about which spindles to get, hehe I bought 10 spindles of Imation +R 16X as DD suggested, and will get a 111D tuesday.

Anyone got a clue if those can be burnt at 16X with original firmware on the 111D, or with some 3rd party firmware ? Thanks in advance, cheebster.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)