• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2020 2:20 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1526 posts
1545 upvotes

[A & W] Any Size coffee $1

Saw this on Facebook and App. Trying to find out when it expires, no luck yet. Not sure if nation wide but for sure in Edmonton.
130769471_4195360250479235_7020067614690483969_o.jpg
Screenshot_20201210-102938_A&W_1.jpg
Last edited by Bubblegum86 on Dec 10th, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3371 posts
1176 upvotes
Montreal
every fast food chain are on the $1 coffee trend...
Dec 18, 2019
38 posts
93 upvotes
U remember when a&w had free coffee?

Pepperidge farm remembers
Nov 8, 2011
877 posts
406 upvotes
NEPEAN
Working from home again but will be nice when I do go out and McD's $1 promo has ended.

McDs > Starbucks > A&W > Almost Anything Else > Tims
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4309 posts
1668 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
nickwa wrote: Working from home again but will be nice when I do go out and McD's $1 promo has ended.

McDs > Starbucks > A&W > Almost Anything Else > Tims
Has A&W changed their coffee over the years? My wife and I had their breakfast for the first time about 3 years ago and both of us thought the coffee was absolutely disgusting. Neither of us finished our coffee and we are very very far from coffee snobs (we drink PC keurig pods at home for example). It was just an awful drink in general. We have never even considered it since that day. I’d go without or just enjoy water before I’d have bought again. I’d happily go again if it’s not that same garbage anymore as I do enjoy their breakfast sandwiches.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1526 posts
1545 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: Has A&W changed their coffee over the years? My wife and I had their breakfast for the first time about 3 years ago and both of us thought the coffee was absolutely disgusting. Neither of us finished our coffee and we are very very far from coffee snobs (we drink PC keurig pods at home for example). It was just an awful drink in general. We have never even considered it since that day. I’d go without or just enjoy water before I’d have bought again. I’d happily go again if it’s not that same garbage anymore as I do enjoy their breakfast sandwiches.
A&W switched to a new blend recently. Much better then the motor oil they used to serve. Not as good as MCD but a solid 2nd for me. Never had Starbucks so can't tell if better/worse.
Nov 8, 2011
877 posts
406 upvotes
NEPEAN
ChicoQuente wrote: Has A&W changed their coffee over the years? My wife and I had their breakfast for the first time about 3 years ago and both of us thought the coffee was absolutely disgusting. Neither of us finished our coffee and we are very very far from coffee snobs (we drink PC keurig pods at home for example). It was just an awful drink in general. We have never even considered it since that day. I’d go without or just enjoy water before I’d have bought again. I’d happily go again if it’s not that same garbage anymore as I do enjoy their breakfast sandwiches.
Yes, I think ~1 year ago. They have done two free coffee promos since and I have enjoyed >100 large coffee since with no complaints. Everyone I have mentioned A&W coffee too says the same thing, but it is good now!
Bubblegum86 wrote: A&W switched to a new blend recently. Much better then the motor oil they used to serve. Not as good as MCD but a solid 2nd for me. Never had Starbucks so can't tell if better/worse.
Starbucks is good when you want a flavorful strong coffee. For everyday casual coffee drinking, McDs and A&W are great. Once and a while I want a good caffeine fix and I will get a Starbucks (typically only if my wife wants to go there anyways). Of course, this is all 'fast-food' coffee and I would always choose a 'craft' or homemade french press or pour-over coffee when time/availability permits.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1075 posts
421 upvotes
Vancouver
While they did change their blend, check the recent free promo thread in November. Opinion is very split, YMMV.

For me, I still couldn't finish my cup. It was disgusting. I dumped it out and made a cup at home.
Aug 17, 2006
382 posts
329 upvotes
Well A&W launched their new blend in March just when COVID started so not the best start. Then ran the free promotion for all of Nov so got to try a few.

My preference is Starbucks (or home brew and grind my own beans) so take that as you may but all the chains are usually okay but highly dependent on the time and way they brew. Starbucks strictly coffee and have higher grade machines. Fast food outlets probably also spend a lot of money on their equipment but up to how long the coffee is sitting and how often it's made. Lot of Timmy haters these days but they are more consistent than McD or A&W in my area. I've had more bad coffee at McD and A&W than Tim's

But back on track; but for myself much better coffee at A&W and if brewed hot and right will be right up there with McD or Tim. But still 4th IMHO overall.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1526 posts
1545 upvotes
I would suggest you try it for a dollar at your favourite location. Can't go wrong at this price. If you don't like it then you gained experience and lost a buck. However if you like their coffee might be another option down the road :)
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1350 posts
1502 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
gigaimpact1 wrote: U remember when a&w had free coffee?

Pepperidge farm remembers
Is that from Family Guy?
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Banned
Sep 14, 2020
437 posts
239 upvotes
McD coffee is bigger for $1 than A&W. A&W 1/1 also seems too much sugar/cream than McD's 1/1
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2664 posts
969 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Their coffee is bland and sometimes tastes like cardboard. Had a full month free trial in November but would rather pay Tim Horton or MacDonald's coffee and be satisfied with my daily coffee then complain how awful A&W is.
[solicitation removed]