[A & W] Beyond Meat Burger - $3.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2019 7:07 pm
Sep 1, 2017
76 posts
59 upvotes
coolwasabi wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 6:05 pm
Your friend is 100% right. You're the one that is a Grade-A moron. Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you cared about. Source:
I agree. If I truly believed what I had wrote, I'd be much more than a Grade-A moron ... Face With Tears Of Joy Now imagine how moronic it is for people to pay more and eat less nutritious crap!
Dec 17, 2017
552 posts
566 upvotes
lleb13 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 1:54 pm
I've done numerous tests and beyond meat always came on top.

BM vs frozen patty
BM vs fresh homemade patty
BM vs other plant base burgers

My wife and I always found the beyond meat burger came out on top! It's pretty insane considering I would never make or buy a vege burger in past, never ever.

Now we've basically replaced our burger meals with beyond meat (1-2 times a month in the summer).

No regrets (it just tastes better) but it is roughly 2x more expensive than making your own beef patties.
If they factored in the water used to raise the cow as a commodity, then the price of the vege patty is much cheaper.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3810 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
rainingdiscountedfire wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 2:29 pm
as always follow the money, this is about societal engineering/control
meat flavored gruel for the masses, wagyu and lobster for the masters
tiny homes for the masses, $18.4M mansions for the masters

does anyone remember when these first came out and for some strange reason the were unavailable for about a month
all the advertising was up, promos done much hullabaloo, yet no burgers (quiet recall???)

i won't eat one of these lab-concocted monstrosities, and i have not had a fast food burger in 15 years
but along with the other poster, i can make a nice black bean burger (the ones from costco are good as well)
wtf is this drivel? no there was no 'quiet recall'. when it was first put on the market, it was mostly a test run.

i also guarantee more than 90% of shit you eat and drink is probably 'lab-concocted'.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2509 posts
328 upvotes
North York
juve4lfe wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 12:37 pm
I saw at an A and W they had a poster saying the beyond the meat burger is 3.99 for a limited time...can anyone confirm if it’s everywhere?
This is without adding the cheese price
I saw it today at the Eaton Centre!
Mar 25, 2015
284 posts
109 upvotes
where fire and disco…
stevelam wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 8:04 pm
wtf is this drivel? no there was no 'quiet recall'. when it was first put on the market, it was mostly a test run.

i also guarantee more than 90% of shit you eat and drink is probably 'lab-concocted'.
if you only knew how many animals die so you can eat veggies,
see the difference between you and i is i know precisely what i am talking about

i am a veganic grower, no animal inputs at all, and have been for over 15 years
i make my own plant-based fertilizer on site and only augment with organic alfalfa pellets when needed
my soil is a hand-mixed blend of peat, bark fines and vermiculite, it has never seen blood meal/bone meal/feather meal/ground-up fish/etc
i also just finished harvesting hundreds of pounds of fruits with veggies to follow
i also created a long-term storage cold-process for fruits utilizing 2 natural ingredients, as well as implementing traditional methods of storage for veggies
i get eggs from local free-range birds, moose/fish from the wild

and this amongst modern monoculture farmers who pollute the air, water and soil far more than pasture raised beef

so take a step back, you are in an element where you lack even a modicum of wisdom

but if you would like to know how a veggie burger ought to be done:
check here

here is a snippet from a review:
I can say without equivocation that the Superiority Burger—really more of Superiority Slider for this pop-up phase—is the best veggie burger I've ever had. It's rich and dense, slightly smoky, totally satisfying. I wolfed mine too quickly to try and figure out exactly what was going on here, but an aspiring food detective next to me dissected hers and found things like quinoa, black bean, maybe lentils, and walnut. More obviously: pickles, mustard, and melted muenster. And unlike some meat-wannabe veggie dishes, the Superiority Burger isn't just stuffed with, say, a ton of garlic to distract you from the fact that you're not eating cow. This is the real deal, a sandwich you'd buy and eat just because it tastes really good.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12120 posts
1807 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
xFRUGALITYx wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 1:56 pm
No more healthy than a nice tasty teen burger unless you're eating this purely because you dont want to eat meat or whatever other reason, this will for sure not help lose weight or be particularly any healthier stats wise to get excited about;

Beyond Meat:
Calories 500
Fat 29g
Protein 22g
Sugar 8g
Carbohydrates 40g
Trans Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 5g
Cholesterol 5mg
Fibre 3g
Sodium 1110mg

Teen;
Calories 500
Fat 26g
Protein 25g
Sugar 10g
Carbohydrates 39g
Trans Fat 0.50g
Saturated Fat 11g
Cholesterol 70mg
Fibre 1g
Sodium 910mg
Fat content and sodium are the helluva drugs. Yikes!!
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7958 posts
1618 upvotes
"the REAL argument is whether any of these meat alternatives are actually better for the environment or not. anything mass harvested like coconut and almond have all shown to be terrible for the environment."

Except...far far better then cattle. not even close

"Saturated Fat 11g
Cholesterol 70mg"

sooo, the beyond burger is healthier too. Otherwise they were made to mimic beef, so very similar
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1385 posts
359 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
rainingdiscountedfire wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 9:45 pm
if you only knew how many animals die so you can eat veggies,
see the difference between you and i is i know precisely what i am talking about

i am a veganic grower, no animal inputs at all, and have been for over 15 years
i make my own plant-based fertilizer on site and only augment with organic alfalfa pellets when needed
my soil is a hand-mixed blend of peat, bark fines and vermiculite, it has never seen blood meal/bone meal/feather meal/ground-up fish/etc
i also just finished harvesting hundreds of pounds of fruits with veggies to follow
i also created a long-term storage cold-process for fruits utilizing 2 natural ingredients, as well as implementing traditional methods of storage for veggies
i get eggs from local free-range birds, moose/fish from the wild

and this amongst modern monoculture farmers who pollute the air, water and soil far more than pasture raised beef

so take a step back, you are in an element where you lack even a modicum of wisdom

but if you would like to know how a veggie burger ought to be done:
check here

here is a snippet from a review:
I'm a level 3 vegan, I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.
Feb 2, 2017
498 posts
475 upvotes
How bad are these processed burgers for you? They can't be any worse than real burgers can they?

I read they feed cows defective Skittles since the feed is so cheap vs giving cows real food + all those hormones and steroids

It's funny how the sickest cows are also the most expensive like that "Kobe Beef" which is basically a diabetic cow you're eating with all that marbling! Funny how marketing works, pricing cows with diabetes and cancer higher than healthy cows
Nov 25, 2010
74 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Not really a vegan option if the burgers are being cooked on the same grill as the meat burgers. I'll stick with the chicken buddy burgers until a soylent green option is available. lol
2018 Wins: Sam Smith Tickets from ChumFm
2017 Wins: Going in Style movie passes, Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales Flag, Decanter Fine Wine Encounter, Free 2L of Canada Dry, Dog Food from Cesar
May 28, 2019
80 posts
117 upvotes
Had it, it was decent, tasted a little bland but it wasn't bad by any means. Not a vegetarian or vegan, but I'd try it out again for sure.
Sep 8, 2019
7 posts
5 upvotes
I had one of these today. The initial taste isn't terrible, but it's not as good as a real burger.

The aftertaste is terrible however. Weird taste in my mouth for hours after I was done. Just terrible. Never again, not even for free.
Mar 23, 2004
38252 posts
4371 upvotes
Markham
Please note that this thread is to discuss the deal, and if you want to discuss about meat eating/vegan/health issues, go to the Health forum. Any more posts not related to the deal will be deleted. Thank you.
"Between a high, solid wall and an egg that breaks against it, I will always stand on the side of the egg.

Yes, no matter how right the wall may be and how wrong the egg is, I will stand with the egg."

#StandwithHK #5DemandsNot1Less