Expired Hot Deals

[A & W] Beyond Meat Burger - $3.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2019 7:07 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1359 posts
240 upvotes
Bought it with bacon strips, it was delicious!
Support the #LENOVOSUCKS Social Media Campaign! Tweet @Lenovo & @Lenovo_Canada #LENOVOSUCKS + Post at facebook.com/lenovo
- Part of the 2014 - #LENOVOSUCKS movement -
Dec 12, 2010
157 posts
54 upvotes
Saje wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 12:56 pm
I work at an A&W and this promotion starts tomorrow. Real cheddar cheese is what the restaurant uses and it's extra.
Do all restaurants cook the patty on the same grill as meat?
Awesome Deals Grabbed:
Samsung 55" KS8500 @ BestBuy - $1599.95 | Free Chromecast with Google Home Purchase @ Best Buy | PS4 Pro @ Staples - $360 | Telus - $60/10 GB ~ Koodo - $25/Unlimited CAD Calling ~ Koodo - $49/8GB
Aug 9, 2013
88 posts
52 upvotes
Mississauga
nuxper wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 2:44 pm
I’m not taking my chances with this Frankenburger fake ass shit. I tried one when they launched. It was decent going in, not so much the next day coming out. Fake wannabe meat (that even bleeds), created by scientists in labs. No thanks! I’ll stay with my 100% grass fed beef burgers that are made with one ingredient, not a ton of oils and other garbage I don’t even know what it is. If you wanna be a vegan, that’s cool. Do your thing. But what’s with this obsession with wanting to have fake shit that tastes like meat. You don’t see us meat eaters going around trying to create fake vegetables do ya?

100% agree.

I can eat almost anything and nothing upsets my stomach, but apparently, they finally invented something that gave me a bad case of the runs. Not at the level a famous Chinese all you can eat buffet place that had me throne and bed ridden for three days, but one night spent on the throne was enough.

Seriously, how can they possibly tell if something is healthy when it's so heavily processed? We wont know for YEARS if not a decade if their magic chemical combos are healthy or long term bad. .
Jul 26, 2018
48 posts
83 upvotes
Got a chance to try this today, IMO the taste is not great. Been there done that, never again. :)
Nov 29, 2011
405 posts
330 upvotes
CALGARY
ducxnguyen wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 8:49 am
The only reason meat is cheaper is that whole industry is heavily subsidized by us the tax payers. As more people buy more plant based products, they become cheaper too and no longer a niche item.
Farming in general is subsidized including the ingredients in this burger. You think this burger will get cheaper from A&W in the future. Can I get a ticket to your fantasy land?
Aug 9, 2013
88 posts
52 upvotes
Mississauga
Answers wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 9:19 am
Methylcellulose is a bulk-forming laxative that increases the amount of water in your stools to help make them softer and easier to pass. Methylcellulose is used to treat constipation and to help maintain regular bowel movements.
NOW YOU TELL ME!

I saw this after my post above.

So should we call it Laxiburger?

(I have a lot more interesting names but I'm gong to be banned}
Mar 6, 2015
310 posts
121 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
Beat the 2x burger coupon by 8% thanks to taxes.

Might try when I get a chance
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
2432 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto
Finally got around to trying this yesterday.

I don't really eat fastfood too often.
Felt it tasted like the reason I don't eat fast food too often.

So - how much will it cost once $3.99 promo ends?
Jul 25, 2008
860 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
I use to eat this on a regular basis like 1-2x a week when it first came out. I often went to A&W at the Markville Mall and Hillcrest location. I thought it actually did taste like beef. Last weekend, I went to A&W at Stone Rd Mall in Guelph and it tasted like the Tim Hortons one (extremely awful). I went again today for another Beyond Meat Burger at Markville and it did not taste like how it use to. It tasted like the one I had at Timmies and at the Stone Rd location. I think they may have changed something therefore making it cheaper for the $3.99 promo...
Dec 24, 2012
58 posts
82 upvotes
Terrebonne
Didi_beee wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:52 pm
I use to eat this on a regular basis like 1-2x a week when it first came out. I often went to A&W at the Markville Mall and Hillcrest location. I thought it actually did taste like beef. Last weekend, I went to A&W at Stone Rd Mall in Guelph and it tasted like the Tim Hortons one (extremely awful). I went again today for another Beyond Meat Burger at Markville and it did not taste like how it use to. It tasted like the one I had at Timmies and at the Stone Rd location. I think they may have changed something therefore making it cheaper for the $3.99 promo...
Beyond Meat came out with their "version 2.0" recipe not long ago...

I didn't know if they'd market it differently or just switch it in place of version 1... I guess now we know.
Jun 3, 2007
531 posts
894 upvotes
Good promotion. Definitely doesn’t taste like beef but I would buy it at this price. Nice way of getting lots of new people to try it out. Hate the taste or love it, people who might not have otherwise tried it are taking the first leap into plant based meat alternatives. which is why it’s working as a promotion. It’s not healthier that’s for sure, but it’s better for the environment so I’m on board with it. It’s still junk food, but if I’m going to eat at A&W, I’d rather eat something that tastes ok if it’s better for the planet. Small change but it’s better than nothing.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3157 posts
274 upvotes
Went to sq 1 to try this.. no effin topings just 1 lettuce and it had bone slice tomatoe with soggy bun. The taste was completely diff than what I had in December last year. Tasted pretty bad and tou have this weird aftertaste like when u have multivitamins.
Worst experience ever.
====================================
Jan 14, 2017
396 posts
159 upvotes
Tommyknocker wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:31 pm
Good promotion. Definitely doesn’t taste like beef but I would buy it at this price. Nice way of getting lots of new people to try it out. Hate the taste or love it, people who might not have otherwise tried it are taking the first leap into plant based meat alternatives. which is why it’s working as a promotion. It’s not healthier that’s for sure, but it’s better for the environment so I’m on board with it. It’s still junk food, but if I’m going to eat at A&W, I’d rather eat something that tastes ok if it’s better for the planet. Small change but it’s better than nothing.
If this catches on, it could be a game changer for the environment, almost as good as transplanting people from low carbon footprint third world countries to high carbon footprint western countries.