• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2019 7:07 pm
Jul 13, 2016
539 posts
302 upvotes
cobra99 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 12:30 pm
Nice slanted article and it's US Based.
just google "meat and dairy subsidies", pretty sure all articles will tell you the same thing. you can also add "canada" to your search
Aug 27, 2009
856 posts
678 upvotes
cobra99 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 12:30 pm
Nice slanted article and it's US Based.
It's a pretty well known fact that meat, dairy and grains (corn) receive the vast majority of agricultural subsidies.
Do your own research if you don't believe facts being presented to you.

Bonus info: Subsidized cattle eats subsidized corn. Beef is cheap because the deck is currently stacked against non-meat alternatives.
Nov 29, 2011
405 posts
330 upvotes
CALGARY
emilio911 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 1:26 pm

just google "meat and dairy subsidies", pretty sure all articles will tell you the same thing. you can also add "canada" to your search
lleb13 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 1:28 pm
It's a pretty well known fact that meat, dairy and grains (corn) receive the vast majority of agricultural subsidies.
Do your own research if you don't believe facts being presented to you.

Bonus info: Subsidized cattle eats subsidized corn. Beef is cheap because the deck is currently stacked against non-meat alternatives.
I'm not questioning that they are subsidized, as I fully know they are. I'm just questioned your PROOF. You made the statement and provided the proof that has nothing to do with the Canadian market. If you are going to say something make sure you can prove it.

I like how you have to include Dairy in this as that takes the Lion share of the subsities. Proof--look at NAFTA negotiations this is a big concern as how much it is subsidized. You two seem to be on the anti beef wagon.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1396 posts
240 upvotes
BC
JohnS76618 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 6:42 pm
For those who tried it, how can you describe the taste
Its personal and subjective. Just like a beef burger if you didn't know what you were eating. Personally I can eat a healthier low sodium beef burger cooked myself. These things are high in sodium.
The US President's indifference to human suffering is rivaled only by robots and cats.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1073 posts
634 upvotes
Calgary
JohnS76618 wrote:
I did. go back a few pages
May 25, 2007
560 posts
191 upvotes
Edmonton
Didi_beee wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:52 pm
I use to eat this on a regular basis like 1-2x a week when it first came out. I often went to A&W at the Markville Mall and Hillcrest location. I thought it actually did taste like beef. Last weekend, I went to A&W at Stone Rd Mall in Guelph and it tasted like the Tim Hortons one (extremely awful). I went again today for another Beyond Meat Burger at Markville and it did not taste like how it use to. It tasted like the one I had at Timmies and at the Stone Rd location. I think they may have changed something therefore making it cheaper for the $3.99 promo...
I thought it was just me, but I also felt that the patty was different to the Beyond Meat Burger that I had when it was first released. This new recipe tasted spongier and did not sit well in my stomach. Similar to veggie patties from other places.
Aug 31, 2009
108 posts
32 upvotes
toronto
JohnS76618 wrote:
meh
Dec 16, 2012
165 posts
59 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
JohnS76618 wrote:
I like the one from Tim Hortons more. The bun from A&W is way too large and there's too much lettuce. For the patty itself, I found the one from Tim Hortons tasted better too.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1125 posts
142 upvotes
JohnS76618 wrote:
This was my experience:
1. Meat patty was dry. Reminded me of a veggie burger. Not juicy at all.
2. Texture was not great.
3. Lack of fat = lack of flavour.
4. I was still hungry after eating it. I am usually not after eating a burger of that size.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4639 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto
I'm going to have to go against the grain and say I like it. Not for ethical reasons or anything, I honestly just like the taste more than a fast food beef burger (as in, the usual suspects). And there's no way I'd ever choose a regular vegetable patty over a steak or something.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3741 posts
456 upvotes
Scarborough
Great burger for $4. The experience is real, even felt like I was choking on the grease after finishing. Tastes great.
Jun 4, 2016
16 posts
14 upvotes
How can they justify this burger coming to 8 dollars after taxes on a regular priced day?

I tried it, Sodium galore, and won't eat it again. I like that we are moving in to a direction that allows variety but they need to step it up some more with this one.