This or dave's single for 3$?
Mar 6, 2015
310 posts
121 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
yesstyle wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:51 am
You can add bacon, extra veggies to this one for free with mobile order.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3811 posts
1866 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
DonkeyDoo wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 2:13 pm
It's weird... I tried one of these about a month ago and wasn't at all impressed. Thought for $3.99 I'd give it another shot, and this one was MUCH better.
Anybody else tried more than once and got different feelings towards it?
I buy uncooked Beyond meat at the grocery and found that the taste vary a lot depending on cooking time.
Nov 30, 2005
831 posts
167 upvotes
Leduc
DonkeyDoo wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 2:13 pm
It's weird... I tried one of these about a month ago and wasn't at all impressed. Thought for $3.99 I'd give it another shot, and this one was MUCH better.
Anybody else tried more than once and got different feelings towards it?

I tried it a second time yesterday, figured maybe it’ll be better. This time I took a piece of burger to test on its own and the results to me were the same. It doesn’t taste or feel like real meat or a veggie burger. It has a strange aftertaste that I can’t quite place too and for some reason i felt a little off after eating it similar to the feeling you get if you eat too much candy. With worse nutrition, taste and premium price i just can’t recommend it to anyone.

Props to that a&w for quality of the burger prep, really well put together just like the commercial. Paper straws need to go though. They don’t work with milkshakes and mess up the taste.
Dec 1, 2013
37 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 2:27 pm
This still on today?
Yes.

Had two today and it wasn't as good as I remembered it being when A&W first started selling them. Very salty.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5856 posts
466 upvotes
jchau623 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 2:36 pm
Yes.

Had two today and it wasn't as good as I remembered it being when A&W first started selling them. Very salty.
A&W adds seasoning on top of the patty, you can request them not to add it on so it's not as salty
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7462 posts
2682 upvotes
Markham
jchau623 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 2:36 pm
Yes.

If you take cardboard an add a bunch of salt, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato etc and put it into a bun it will likely taste like food.

They had veggie burgers before which I recalled tasting OK but no one really bought much of it. This is mostly hype/fad which in due time will fade and ppl will not buy it when the premium prices are being charged.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Penalty Box
Jul 14, 2014
1251 posts
294 upvotes
Does it cause cancer like beef? Or do they need twenty year population study to find out?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7026 posts
1735 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:51 am
Dave's for sure if you want a real meat patty :)

Seriously though, these are pretty good too for a change of pace.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2779 posts
88 upvotes
This promo goes right at Tims Hortons Jugular. This will destroy Tims beyond burger. I have just had my 2nd A and W beyond in as many weeks and as usual it tasted fabulous. Looking forward to trying Harveys lightlife next but at 3.99 its hard to not get this.
"Truth is High, Higher Still is Truthful Living" Guru Nanak
Nov 25, 2018
33 posts
188 upvotes
You know, for supposedly educated people, you sure know how to fall victim to simple marketing schemes.
Dec 10, 2012
799 posts
422 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dr. Oz last night was highlighting beyond burgers. They were actually allowed into the factory/laboratory where they develop these burgers.

Apparently the special "sauce" is known as heme giving the red fake blood color and taste.

They also compared the nutritional value of this compared to a meat burger and found very little difference.

The target audience was 98% meat eaters.

Guess someone is working of the everlasting gobstopper somewhere too. Fiction one day, science couple of years later. Soylent green next?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8689 posts
3083 upvotes
Toronto
kalani13291 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 12:16 pm
Does it cause cancer like beef? Or do they need twenty year population study to find out?
please link a study that shows beef causes cancer
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.