Expired Hot Deals

[A & W] A&W Mama Burger with cheese $2.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2019 10:22 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1064 posts
287 upvotes
and all said the most protein is the 2 harveys jr burgers by 1 g of protein :) plus huge amount of toppings if you like a salad burger for your veggie consumption requirements:)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8014 posts
2394 upvotes
Toronto
smoraes wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 11:21 pm
and all said the most protein is the 2 harveys jr burgers by 1 g of protein :) plus huge amount of toppings if you like a salad burger for your veggie consumption requirements:)
the wendy's single deal has more protein than both. you can also double the veggies at no extra charge.
oh, and both wendy's and a&w don't have the filler crap in their patties that harvey's does.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Oct 3, 2018
11 posts
20 upvotes
1st timer wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 11:03 pm
new-york-fries-free-small-fries-regular ... e-2252292/

(I should've noted - it's only a small serving of fries)
Got the small fries and regular pop at NYF yesterday for free. Price would have been $6, and there's no way I would pay that amount for what I got. Tasty fries, but not worth it.

Hit A&W this evening for the Mama with cheese and extra teen sauce, then hit Wendy's for the Dave's single with cheese. Both are $3.

The A&W bun is very good and overall the burger is tasty. The Wendy's bun is drier, but with the veggies and the thicker meat, seems more satisfying.

Both are very good for the price, and much better value than NYF.
Aug 23, 2015
414 posts
293 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
This just kills the McD's coupons. So much better.

A&W, Harvs, and Wendy's all come out with better deals than McD's. I just wish they would stagger them so it's not all at once.
Aug 12, 2003
951 posts
162 upvotes
Hamilton
A&W trumps wendy's especially if you pony up for the uncle burger but their fries are thicker and softer inside, closer to a natural cut fry.

Fun fact only their root beer uses real cane sugar like they used to do long time ago, now they use concentrated fructose corn syrup.
Dec 6, 2012
670 posts
213 upvotes
Regina
traktion wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 2:39 am
A&W trumps wendy's especially if you pony up for the uncle burger but their fries are thicker and softer inside, closer to a natural cut fry.

Fun fact only their root beer uses real cane sugar like they used to do long time ago, now they use concentrated fructose corn syrup.
Even funnier fact most sodas and junk food uses high fructose corn syrup...
Jun 29, 2018
53 posts
40 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 10:54 pm
Why do people always ask these kinds of questions on rfd food posts? You realize taste is subjective. You'll get some responses saying one is better and some responses saying the other is better. The only way to know which one YOU like better is to try both yourself.
I enjoy the perspectives and opinions of my fellow RFDer. Why waste $3 on one if 5/5 RFDers say the other choice is better? Take a look at 1st Timer's reply above to see what I mean. Not only does he provide valuable information about the ammt of beef in the patty, he also notifies us of a coupon for fries and a drink to make the deal even better.

Asking questions = value added.
Jun 29, 2018
53 posts
40 upvotes
1st timer wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 10:23 pm
I could be wrong (just going by memory) but I think the Wendy's single patty is a bit bigger (4 ounces vs 3 ounces in the Mama Burger).

Real RFDers will use the free NYFries & pop coupon and this. Cheap quick lunch.
Very valuable information. Good to know about the size differences between the patties. Also, i was unaware there was a coupon for fries and a drink at NYF. This is what RFD is all about. Thank you!
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1144 posts
315 upvotes
rfd222222 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 12:42 am
Got the small fries and regular pop at NYF yesterday for free. Price would have been $6, and there's no way I would pay that amount for what I got. Tasty fries, but not worth it.

Hit A&W this evening for the Mama with cheese and extra teen sauce, then hit Wendy's for the Dave's single with cheese. Both are $3.

The A&W bun is very good and overall the burger is tasty. The Wendy's bun is drier, but with the veggies and the thicker meat, seems more satisfying.

Both are very good for the price, and much better value than NYF.
So you weren't charged extra for the cheese in the mama burger? It's $3 total + tax? Also does the mama burger usually come with teen sauce or is this something you have to ask for separately like asking for BigMac sauce in a McDouble as an example.
May 19, 2009
230 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver
Bryson wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 11:46 am
So you weren't charged extra for the cheese in the mama burger? It's $3 total + tax? Also does the mama burger usually come with teen sauce or is this something you have to ask for separately like asking for BigMac sauce in a McDouble as an example.
I got charged for cheese yesterday morning (the cashier had no idea of the deal) but I didn't get charged today (today's cashier knew about the deal). Same location *shrugs* but paying for the cheese isn't a deal breaker for me so I didn't mind too much. The fact that they got beef patty burger on a deal in the morning makes this night shift worker very happy already... :P
Oct 3, 2018
11 posts
20 upvotes
No extra charge for the cheese. In fact, they gave me a coupon leaflet and on the front page it says:

"REAL CHEDDAR Real Deal. For a limited time, get a Mama burger with real cheddar cheese for just $2.99 price plus tax December 31 to January 20."

I always ask for added sauce or extras AFTER I pay. If there is an extra charge, I'll say no, otherwise the cashier will normally just tell the burgermeister. Works most of the time.

And man is it tasty!

The Dave's single came with 2 slices of processed cheese.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24027 posts
4313 upvotes
joejack wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 9:44 pm
I don't believe that Mama comes with cheese. Cheese is always extra charge for me on a Mama
Looks like the reason we're getting cheese is because they are now using "real" cheese (as if processed cheese weren't real cheese :rolleyes: ). In fact many burger aficionados prefer processed cheese types because of the way it melts in comparison with alleged "real" cheese. Processed cheese doesn't separate when it melts. Grilled cheese fanatics too--most prefer processed cheese. Not knocking the deal--I'm mean it's good we get cheese!--but just saying the nonsense about processed cheese not being "real" is just that, nonsense.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1424 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
Each year, fast food chain come out with these deals to offset the loss of sales caused by new year resolution diets. Enjoy them while they last. It will repeat again before Easter when less people eat meat and again in late spring when sales go down due to people fireing up the bbq. Same cycle each year...
Celebrating 16+ years on RFD!