• Jan 8th, 2019 10:22 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1647 posts
528 upvotes
BC
rfd222222 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 1:23 pm
No extra charge for the cheese. In fact, they gave me a coupon leaflet and on the front page it says:

"REAL CHEDDAR Real Deal. For a limited time, get a Mama burger with real cheddar cheese for just $2.99 price plus tax December 31 to January 20."

I always ask for added sauce or extras AFTER I pay. If there is an extra charge, I'll say no, otherwise the cashier will normally just tell the burgermeister. Works most of the time.

And man is it tasty!

The Dave's single came with 2 slices of processed cheese.
Generally, you shouldn't be charged extra for an existing sauce, just for an extra sauce that wasn't on there. Like adding mayo to breakfast sandwiches.

I've never been upcharged for extra ketchup, pickles and mayo on burgers.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1199 posts
384 upvotes
Edmonton
Timbo420 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 11:08 pm
Generally, you shouldn't be charged extra for an existing sauce, just for an extra sauce that wasn't on there. Like adding mayo to breakfast sandwiches.

I've never been upcharged for extra ketchup, pickles and mayo on burgers.
At McD's i've been charged 0.20 for the extra mayo (but if you order on the app, you can get packets of McChicken sauce for free so WTF). A & W, never been charged for extras. But I imagine they would charge for extra lettuce or tomato though.
Dec 26, 2011
596 posts
202 upvotes
rfd222222 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 1:23 pm
No extra charge for the cheese. In fact, they gave me a coupon leaflet and on the front page it says:

"REAL CHEDDAR Real Deal. For a limited time, get a Mama burger with real cheddar cheese for just $2.99 price plus tax December 31 to January 20."

I always ask for added sauce or extras AFTER I pay. If there is an extra charge, I'll say no, otherwise the cashier will normally just tell the burgermeister. Works most of the time.

And man is it tasty!

The Dave's single came with 2 slices of processed cheese.
Alternatively what you can do is use the ordering kiosk or ordering app if they have one and it'll show you all the options for extras including charges or not. This is why I always prefer kiosk ordering and actually used fast food more now since those came out. I remember one time I went into a Wendy's and the cashier was waving to the desk and I just went straight for the kiosk, just pretended I didn't notice with earphones in, and got all the extras. After I used it they came out and closed the kiosk haha...

The fun thing also is with fast food burgers in order to get them to look like the pictures you pretty much need all the free extras. The Big Mac especially is quite sad and pathetic stock, but once you add the extra onions, pickles and lettuce it plumps it up like the pictures. Stopped extra sauce for it though as I found it too overpowering.

I believe extra sauce and all veggy options are free for the dave's single. You can also add a topping (forgot which) as well for free.
dj_rice wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 2:28 am
At McD's i've been charged 0.20 for the extra mayo (but if you order on the app, you can get packets of McChicken sauce for free so WTF). A & W, never been charged for extras. But I imagine they would charge for extra lettuce or tomato though.
Teen/Mozza I believe they charge for extra lettuce. Extra onions and sauce is free.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7829 posts
1817 upvotes
Scarberia
i haven't drove pass this site in while, but is the AW new store near neilson and tapscott malvern twn ctr, lcation up yet? tia
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5657 posts
1539 upvotes
Scarborough
I tried the mama burger a few days ago. Good enough for $3 but I wouldn't pay regular price for it.

You can barely taste the cheddar and they put a little too much mustard on the sandwich, but like I said it was good for $3.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7829 posts
1817 upvotes
Scarberia
i had there onion ring and teen burger combo! those r the hugest rings i seen/eaten! they goodAF! burger wasn't as good as harveys imo tho...and no drink ...i thought it came with drink! but manager gave me free drink after i complained lol
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7829 posts
1817 upvotes
Scarberia
i had there onion ring and teen burger combo! those r the hugest rings i seen/eaten! they goodAF! burger wasn't as good as harveys imo tho...and no drink ...i thought it came with drink! but manager gave me free drink after i complained lol
Dec 9, 2014
176 posts
81 upvotes
GTA
blackbeast wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 9:23 am
How does this compare to the Dave's Single at Wendy's?
Imo for comparison sake, if Dave's single burger is a 10, this is a 6. The patty is dry and much less tasty than Wendy's offering.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1171 posts
906 upvotes
Hongcouver
SkimGuy wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 8:11 am
I tried the mama burger a few days ago. Good enough for $3 but I wouldn't pay regular price for it.

You can barely taste the cheddar and they put a little too much mustard on the sandwich, but like I said it was good for $3.
It sounds weird, but for health reasons, almost everywhere I go I ask for half sauce and no butter now.... it seems to taste better haha
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7601 posts
3773 upvotes
ON
DealPanda wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 5:08 pm
It sounds weird, but for health reasons, almost everywhere I go I ask for half sauce and no butter now.... it seems to taste better haha
I dunno man, I find bamboo shoots too dry if they're not sauteed in butter and drizzled with some HP sauce.
Sounds like your taste buds are dying of neglect.
May 18, 2016
148 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
KnobHillFarms wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 4:34 pm
Imo for comparison sake, if Dave's single burger is a 10, this is a 6. The patty is dry and much less tasty than Wendy's offering.
KnobHillFarms wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 4:34 pm
I'm guessing the A&W burger tastes more dry because it has half the saturated fat and 1/3rd of the trans fat when compared to the dave's single. Although the Dave's single offers an extra 8g (28g vs 20g) of protein and is a bit bigger, it's not worth the trade off for me. For me its about the whole package, A&W simply tastes better overall. Whenever I eat at Wendy's their buns always taste like they have a waxy coating (probably for better preservation), where as I can't say the same about A & W (in a good way).

If we look at the quality of the meat, A&W makes it clear they use 100% pure natural beef, free of hormones, steroids, and addictive. As a customer I can taste that difference, Wendy's simply states they have taken steps to reduce the use of antibiotics, leaving the actual quality of the beef very vague.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1171 posts
906 upvotes
Hongcouver
dilligafeh wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:37 am
I dunno man, I find bamboo shoots too dry if they're not sauteed in butter and drizzled with some HP sauce.
Sounds like your taste buds are dying of neglect.
HAHA very possible. It might be a sign I am getting old lol.
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Mar 26, 2004
121 posts
52 upvotes
Ottawa
Just slammed 2 of these for lunch. Delicious.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1162 posts
319 upvotes
The mama burger usually comes dressed with mustard and mayonaise. I asked them to dress it like a teen burger instead and that made it 10x better. Definitely worth it for $3 but I wouldn't pay full price.
Jun 18, 2015
364 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto, ON
blackbeast wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 7:50 am
I enjoy the perspectives and opinions of my fellow RFDer. Why waste $3 on one if 5/5 RFDers say the other choice is better? Take a look at 1st Timer's reply above to see what I mean. Not only does he provide valuable information about the ammt of beef in the patty, he also notifies us of a coupon for fries and a drink to make the deal even better.
jfc, its a $3 burger, you don't need peoples opinions. if it were major purchase like a car, then yes, we can understand the need for questions.