[A & W] A&W Mama Burger with cheese $2.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2019 10:22 pm
Jun 15, 2017
121 posts
57 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 12:09 am
I think I prefer the Wendy's better. They at least give you more meat and lettuce.
Is the lettuce advisory issue still ongoing?
Sep 21, 2004
9917 posts
3875 upvotes
Calgary
badOne wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 12:09 am
I think I prefer the Wendy's better. They at least give you more meat and lettuce.
I tried both and I think they are comparable in quality. Decent burgers for sure.

That being said, I was just in the States and In N Out is leagues better, and cheaper than fast food burgers in Canada.Disappointed But Relieved Face
Jun 15, 2017
121 posts
57 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:45 am
I tried both and I think they are comparable in quality. Decent burgers for sure.

That being said, I was just in the States and In N Out is leagues better, and cheaper than fast food burgers in Canada.Disappointed But Relieved Face
everything is cheaper in the states.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8515 upvotes
GTHA
AmandipD203 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 11:18 am
If we look at the quality of the meat, A&W makes it clear they use 100% pure natural beef, free of hormones, steroids, and addictive. As a customer I can taste that difference, Wendy's simply states they have taken steps to reduce the use of antibiotics, leaving the actual quality of the beef very vague.
To clarify, the beef still has hormones. Hormones occur naturally in all animals, people and plants.

A&W beef suppliers do not add growth hormones when growing their cattle.

from https://web.aw.ca/en/faq/beef
What does your “100% Pure Beef Guarantee” really mean?
Our 100% Pure Beef Guarantee means that all of our beef is raised without any added hormones or steroids. We use only 100% beef for our patties and add absolutely nothing else. No additives. No preservatives. Just beef.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8658 posts
3065 upvotes
Toronto
i picked up one today with the following modifications:
extra 5 oz patty for $2.60
teen sauce, double lettuce, onions, pickles, tomatoes - all free
1/2 pound of meat all together. that was one sweet mama jamma
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Jan 21, 2019
1 posts
I had both the other day st the same time....The mama burger was much nicer in terms of presentation and the toasted bun is nice.Wendy's slapped theirs together and the cheeses was cold