None
[OP]
Oct 15, 2017
426 posts
297 upvotes
Canada

Aaaaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaaaaa
Last edited by dsweetlou on Jul 21st, 2020 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1457 posts
1676 upvotes
BC
If you stuck at home and got plenty of time, you can:

1. Act like you know who the person is on the other end... Hey "whatever", is that you...how you're doing. I know it's you...
2. Act like you don't speak English and pretend that they are doing you a great favour..."Thank you, thank you for helping me...I need more money so you guys are just great....
3. Act like you're gone crazy with the lockdown and just want someone to talk to and then go on and on about how your spouse and kids are driving you crazy
4. Just act like you're going to do whatever they tell you and just keep on agreeing to everything. When they get to the part about sending the money, then act like you're technology challenged and can't get anything to work..
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2544 posts
1327 upvotes
London
play along with them and keep them on the phone for as long as u can. there several people on youtube who make videos of playing with scammers. there was one when he got to the part were the guy asked him to go to money gram to get the money for him he just kept putting the phone down and turning on car noises lol he would come back every once and a while to tell the guy he was almost there the guy seriously waited on the for for close to 3 hours then he broke it to him that he was just wasting his time and the guy totally lost it.
Last edited by aaron158 on May 29th, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7977 posts
2670 upvotes
Maple
Why waste time? Just hang up and move on.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2087 posts
1511 upvotes
WetCoastGuy wrote: If you stuck at home and got plenty of time, you can:

1. Act like you know who the person is on the other end... Hey "whatever", is that you...how you're doing. I know it's you...
2. Act like you don't speak English and pretend that they are doing you a great favour..."Thank you, thank you for helping me...I need more money so you guys are just great....
3. Act like you're gone crazy with the lockdown and just want someone to talk to and then go on and on about how your spouse and kids are driving you crazy
4. Just act like you're going to do whatever they tell you and just keep on agreeing to everything. When they get to the part about sending the money, then act like you're technology challenged and can't get anything to work..
Without wasting too much of my own time, usually what I do with the spam calls is either press whatever number and put the phone on mule until they hang up or speak in a foreign language. I'm Chinese so if it's the Chinese visa/parcel/bank/real estate scam, I speak English, they hang up. If English, speak Chinese, they hang up after trying a little bit.

Maybe if I get too bored during Covid, start calling with VoIP to scammers just troll and waste their time...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7977 posts
2670 upvotes
Maple
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Maybe if I get too bored during Covid, start calling with VoIP to scammers just troll and waste their time...
Yes, you are. Too bored to call spammers and to post this here. Go back to work! hehehe