Surrey

EyezOn Envisalink EVL-4EZR Internet Module $109.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
January 7, 2022
Retailer:
AARTECH.CA
For all those that got screwed on the HUB6 alarm monitoring including me. Search the threads if you don't know what this is. Amazon had it for $109 at some point but this is def the best deal I've seen so far. Free shipping too
24 replies
Jul 31, 2020
372 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver
I am still waiting for Amazon's $109 deal. I have Amazon giftcards i want to use up
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1762 posts
712 upvotes
Vaughan
Been using this for years. Solid device.
Dec 9, 2003
402 posts
180 upvotes
Horrible app UI and new device coming soon
Apr 2, 2009
306 posts
352 upvotes
vancouver
Great device, I've been using them for years. Huge beneifit is that is has an open, local (non-cloud) API which integrates with nearly all home automation software (OpenHAB, Home Assistant, Homeseer, etc).
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3635 posts
4921 upvotes
Where did you hear about a new device coming soon?

I guess the new one should support wifi instead of Lan cable
Dec 9, 2003
402 posts
180 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: Where did you hear about a new device coming soon?

I guess the new one should support wifi instead of Lan cable
They have it posted on their forums. Basically sign up for their mailing list to get the notification as they sold out quickly last time they had a new release.
Mar 3, 2020
77 posts
24 upvotes
oh crud i just bought mine a week ago - with their cell communicator
Mar 7, 2017
87 posts
25 upvotes
I have version 2. I wonder if it worth while upgrading? I have not had any issues.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16174 posts
3982 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
janko023 wrote: Horrible app UI and new device coming soon
Is it? They have been promising it for a while, to work with the newer DSC boards..

This only works with older systems.
Dec 9, 2003
402 posts
180 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Is it? They have been promising it for a while, to work with the newer DSC boards..

This only works with older systems.
Its what they say *shrugs*
No update is expected to the app however, which is horrible. You would need to get your self something additional to integrate to an assistant or your smart home and its not for every one. Its too bad HUB6 went bust. They had the best of both worlds
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16174 posts
3982 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Allaboutthedeals wrote: I have version 2. I wonder if it worth while upgrading? I have not had any issues.
EVL-4 Compared to EVL-3
100MBit Ethernet vs 10MBit connection
Improved diagnostic LEDs
Support for larger systems (Eg. Vista 128p, 250p)
Nothing major
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16174 posts
3982 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
janko023 wrote: Its what they say *shrugs*
No update is expected to the app however, which is horrible. You would need to get your self something additional to integrate to an assistant or your smart home and its not for every one. Its too bad HUB6 went bust. They had the best of both worlds

I am looking at Konnected lately
Dec 9, 2003
402 posts
180 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: I am looking at Konnected lately
Not tried but Nexx is one to avoid. Incredibly slow and buggy. Better UI but that doesn't mean anything if its buggy and slow.
Dec 26, 2006
104 posts
90 upvotes
London
wheelz wrote: Been using this for years. Solid device.
Ditto. I don’t have any issues with the app as it is - I just want to know If my system is armed/disarmed or if I get an alarm - it doesn’t need to be fancy for me. Alarm/Arm/Disarm notifications are always quick. .
Oct 3, 2008
83 posts
62 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Yes the UI is horrible, and this is really meant to be used with some sort of home assistant. I am waiting for mine to show up so i can control it with my smartthings. Like many others, i had HUB6 before which worked great until they went bust. Nexx alarm is "supposed" to be a great alternative to HUB6 but Nexx has extremely poor wifi, tried connecting to my wifi which is literally right in the next wall to where the Nexx is installed and it would not connect. Some ppl had reported they only got it working if their wifi is literally right next to their Nexx alarm.
Dec 12, 2009
302 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah had this for 2 years now. No issues, but yes very ugly UI
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2004 posts
1612 upvotes
I have had mine for about 4 years. No issues and works great with home assistant.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)