Expired Hot Deals

AB Only? Servus CU $500 bonus for opening chequing account + $1000 investment + 1 more product

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 11:54 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3050 posts
907 upvotes

AB Only? Servus CU $500 bonus for opening chequing account + $1000 investment + 1 more product

Deal Link:
Crossed this deal via a Facebook post. https://servus.ca/offers/bridlewood?utm ... llJXrXig1c

Please note this deal maybe is for AB only.

Three "easy" steps: Open a chequing or savings account, Invest $1,000, add an additional product and we add $500 to your investment.

Servus has various chequing accounts, and the account with the lowest minimum to wave fees is called Plan 30: $3000 minimum for wave fees; otherwise $10.95 monthly fee.

For the additional product, it's confusing. Several people asked Servus what products are eligible as an additional product. Servus referred them to this link: Your text to link here.... It's their profit share program info page so I'm not sure what the additional product they are referring to.

More info will be added as $500 seems like a sweet deal. But still not clear on the additional product. Also I cannot find the T&C.
Last edited by braveblade on Oct 18th, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Nov 3, 2018
287 posts
639 upvotes
We really need a west coast forum and east coast forum. I clicked in thinking it is for Toronto but sadly, it is not
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3050 posts
907 upvotes
supremePug wrote: We really need a west coast forum and east coast forum. I clicked in thinking it is for Toronto but sadly, it is not
Thanks for bringing that up. This deal maybe is for AB only. I will update the title.
Last edited by braveblade on Oct 18th, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 23, 2016
315 posts
448 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Considering Toronto is neither west coast nor east coast I'm not sure how your proposal will help you avoid deals that aren't specific to Toronto.

OP, do you have a sense of how long you would have to wait before ending membership in order to receive the $500 without repaying it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3050 posts
907 upvotes
noxlen wrote: Considering Toronto is neither west coast nor east coast I'm not sure how your proposal will help you avoid deals that aren't specific to Toronto.

OP, do you have a sense of how long you would have to wait before ending membership in order to receive the $500 without repaying it?
To be honest I don't know a lot about this CU. I will call the one in Calgary tomorrow to confirm.
Jan 3, 2007
419 posts
216 upvotes
The word 'invest' on their page is rather ambiguous. It sounds like you have to put in $1000 in stocks/mutual fund, then they will top up another $500 on your stock investment. If they really mean it this way, don't you technically need an 'investment account' and not a 'chequing account'?
Sep 11, 2011
723 posts
355 upvotes
Alberta
Watching this, waiting for some more details. Would love another $500 bank account welcome bonus after Coast Capitals last year lol
Mar 20, 2006
392 posts
158 upvotes
Looking at the offer details looks like you have to buy GIC to qualify: https://servus.ca/offers/bundle#TermsConditions

GICs are locked up for a year for 0.5% so meaning $1000 can’t be moved even if you get $500 paid otherwise it is 0.1%.
Last edited by 2good on Oct 18th, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 11, 2011
723 posts
355 upvotes
Alberta
2good wrote: Looking at the offer details looks like you have to buy GIC to qualify: https://servus.ca/offers/bundle#TermsConditions

GICs are locked up for a year so meaning $1000 can’t be moved even if you get $500 paid.
Fine print
"Please note that your branch will be automatically assigned to you based on your home address. Some bundle offers are only available at select branches. "

"New Bridlewood members are eligible to receive $500 into their investment if they meet the required
qualifiers. This offer is limited to Bridlewood Branch Servus Credit Union members ONLY."

Looks like a Calgary branch. Oh well.
Mar 20, 2006
392 posts
158 upvotes
and probably a specific one. I tried another branch in Calgary but offer does not pull for that branch.
Sep 21, 2008
548 posts
650 upvotes
Terms and conditions confirm only available to residents of Alberta over the age of 18

This reminds me of the Coast Capital debacle last year, lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6446 posts
5868 upvotes
Calgary
I just got a Facebook ad after visiting their site with the offer at another branch near me in Calgary. It’s a joke. First 20 new members. Lol.
Last edited by SammyDavis on Oct 18th, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6446 posts
5868 upvotes
Calgary
Panorama Hills Bundle Offer – Terms & Conditions
New Panorama Hills members are eligible to receive $500 into their investment if they meet the required qualifiers. This offer is limited to Panorama Hills Branch Servus Credit Union members ONLY.
To qualify for this offer, the member must open:
1. A primary chequing account by November 30, 2020 with one payroll deposit or two automated funds
transfers (AFT) per month.
2. One non-registered, or registered, non-redeemable, 1-year (minimum term) GIC with a minimum
$1,000 deposit.
3. One of the following: secondary membership (child, spouse, business account), Servus MasterCard®
credit card application, new loan or an additional investment product (can include mutual Funds, TFSA, RRSP, RESP)
• *If the member meets these requirements, we will deposit $500 into their GIC investment.
Conditions:
• The chequing account needs to be set up by November 30, 2020 and the payroll or AFT transactions must occur in two consecutive months to validate eligibility.
• The eligible account must be open and in good standing when the cash bonus is to be deposited into the GIC. $500 will be deposited into the GIC (not on a backdated basis) no later than January 31, 2021.
• Can be combined with other promotional offers (ex: Servus Term Loan Rate Sale, etc)
• Only open to new adult Panorama Hills members at the Panorama Hills branch.
• Available to the first 20 new banking bundle members.
• Offer may be withdrawn or amended without notice at any time.
• Offer available to adults age 18 or over and who are residents of Alberta.
• Offer ends November 30, 2020 or when 20 new members have opened accounts at Panorama
Hills branch under this offer, whichever comes first.
• Limit of 1 offer per household
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2415 posts
1105 upvotes
Edmonton
Op add only Bridlewood and Panorama branches wherever they are in Alberta..... I’m sure first 20 are long gone.....
Sep 11, 2011
723 posts
355 upvotes
Alberta
frankmp wrote: Op add only Bridlewood and Panorama branches wherever they are in Alberta..... I’m sure first 20 are long gone.....
Gulf Canada Square has been added as well looks like. I'll keep an eye on this to see if more are added as the week goes on
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6446 posts
5868 upvotes
Calgary
I signed up today at Panorama hills. They threw in the full service chequing account for free for a year. Credit union profits back to members sounds nice and is a good size amount if I convert all my cash savings back to mutual funds after the shitshow American election.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2058 posts
1490 upvotes
supremePug wrote: We really need a west coast forum and east coast forum. I clicked in thinking it is for Toronto but sadly, it is not
It’s not west coast only... it’s Alberta only... I’m a bit sad I can’t get $500 because I’m in British Columbia. :(
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2058 posts
1490 upvotes
wilhelmthe1st wrote: Watching this, waiting for some more details. Would love another $500 bank account welcome bonus after Coast Capitals last year lol
Wish Coast Capital Savings reran the offer... I missed out :(
Aug 12, 2018
69 posts
14 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: I signed up today at Panorama hills. They threw in the full service chequing account for free for a year. Credit union profits back to members sounds nice and is a good size amount if I convert all my cash savings back to mutual funds after the shitshow American election.
Which branch staff did you talk to?