Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WIND Mobile

[Wind Mobile] $49 Canadian Roaming Promo Plan

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2015 11:21 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com

[WIND Mobile] [Wind Mobile] $49 Canadian Roaming Promo Plan

First off, sorry folks, just noticed that the fine print says for Alberta residents only.
:cry:

To be eligible: "1.The Cross-Canada 49 plan is a promotional plan and activation on this plan is only available to
residents of Alberta who live within a postal code inside the WIND network coverage area during
the promotional period. "

Wind Mobile now has a Canadian Roaming Promo Plan for $49: http://www.windmobile.ca/cross-canada-plan-49, http://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-devi ... da-49-plan

Wind Zone coverage may not be that great but if you travel a lot outside of Wind Zones then it might be worth it (you'll be using the Big 3's network most of the time anyways). The data is throttled after 2 GB though. Something to think about.

I think this is a decent deal for those worried about Wind's lack of coverage. Now you can switch without worrying too much.

Plan details:

Unlimited Data (2GB full speed allotment)
Unlimited Canada-wide Calling
Unlimited Global Texting
Unlimited Canada/US-wide Picture/Video Messaging
Up to $150 in Bring/Buy Your Own Phone Credits or WINDtab
Voicemail+
Call Control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)
No Hidden Fees, System Access Fees or Activation Fees
Use your unlimited features anywhere on WIND/Partner networks

The last day to get this promo plan is May 31.

Fine print: In order to remain eligible for the Cross-Canada 49 plan, the majority of your usage (data, talk,
and text) must take place on the WIND network. If the majority of your monthly usage (over 50%
within a 90 day period) occurs off of the WIND network, we may contact you to suggest an
alternative plan.

If you can make use of the "better together savings/family plan" you can get a few dollars off each month:

NUMBER OF QUALIFYING PLANS / SAVINGS PER MONTH PER LINE

2 Plans = $2 off per line
3 Plans = $3 off per line
4 Plans = $4 off per line
5 Plans = $5 off per line
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
68 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
Roaming is their absolute biggest weakness. Wind zones in big cities already allow for unlimited talk otherwise. Cold deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1468 posts
990 upvotes
The $45 Koodo plan looks more attractive if data isn't a primary factor
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
ditachan wrote: The $45 Koodo plan looks more attractive if data isn't a primary factor
True.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1481 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
for anyone on the older plans with the 5GB, keep in mind the unlimited is now 2GB if you change
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
Wow, finally WIND is able to offer unlimited Canada roaming plans. Its good to see.

djino
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
djino wrote: Wow, finally WIND is able to offer unlimited Canada roaming plans. Its good to see.

djino
Just noticed the fine print ( a fail on my part) says for Alberta residents only....

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Mar 7, 2011
605 posts
559 upvotes
Vancouver
Finally indeed. So this is basically all the Wind features on Wind+Rogers+Telus across canada, right?

Oh crap. AB only :(
Will the SK/MB plan trick work on this as well?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1466 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
dealseaker101 wrote: First off, sorry folks, just noticed that the fine print says for Alberta residents only.
:cry:

Wind Mobile now has a Canadian Roaming Promo Plan for $49: http://www.windmobile.ca/cross-canada-plan-49, http://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-devi ... da-49-plan

Wind Zone coverage may not be that great but if you travel a lot outside of Wind Zones then it might be worth it (you'll be using the Big 3's network most of the time anyways). The data is throttled after 2 GB though. Something to think about.

I think this is a decent deal for those worried about Wind's lack of coverage. Now you can switch without worrying too much.

Plan details:

Unlimited Data (2GB full speed allotment)
Unlimited Canada-wide Calling
Unlimited Global Texting
Unlimited Canada/US-wide Picture/Video Messaging
Up to $150 in Bring/Buy Your Own Phone Credits or WINDtab
Voicemail+
Call Control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)
No Hidden Fees, System Access Fees or Activation Fees
Use your unlimited features anywhere on WIND/Partner networks

The last day to get this promo plan is May 31.

Fine print: In order to remain eligible for the Cross-Canada 49 plan, the majority of your usage (data, talk,
and text) must take place on the WIND network. If the majority of your monthly usage (over 50%
within a 90 day period) occurs off of the WIND network, we may contact you to suggest an
alternative plan.

If you can make use of the "better together savings/family plan" you can get a few dollars off each month:

NUMBER OF QUALIFYING PLANS / SAVINGS PER MONTH PER LINE

2 Plans = $2 off per line
3 Plans = $3 off per line
4 Plans = $4 off per line
5 Plans = $5 off per line

When you click on terms, it says for ALberta residents only. What gives?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
dealseaker101 wrote: Just noticed the fine print ( a fail on my part) says for Alberta residents only....
Where does it say Alberta only?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
djino wrote: Where does it say Alberta only?
http://www.windmobile.ca/docs/default-s ... itions.pdf

I saw this plan on HowardForums and thought I'd share it here. Little did I know it is for Alberta only. In hindsight, it does make sense. Most Albertans live far from the US border so the Wind $50 plan with US roaming would be useless for them.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Nov 7, 2011
865 posts
919 upvotes
British Columbia
I find things like this prejudiced. We're being discriminated against for being born elsewhere. How would it fly if the small print said something like only available to blond haired Caucasians with Germanic backgrounds?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
bengoldenberg wrote: I find things like this prejudiced. We're being discriminated against for being born elsewhere. How would it fly if the small print said something like only available to blond haired Caucasians with Germanic backgrounds?
I think this is because most Albertans don't live close to the US border so this is like a replacement for the Wind 50 plan with US roaming.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Nov 27, 2004
991 posts
90 upvotes
Would i get charged extra with this plan if i use data outside of the wind network but within canada?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
k__dam wrote: Would i get charged extra with this plan if i use data outside of the wind network but within canada?
This plans includes unlimited roaming within canada, so the answer is yes, but you have to have an Alberta address.

Djino
Nov 27, 2004
991 posts
90 upvotes
djino wrote: This plans includes unlimited roaming within canada, so the answer is yes, but you have to have an Alberta address.

Djino
awesome thanks for the response. I wasn't sure if the unlimited roaming within Canada was for voice only.
Feb 20, 2012
560 posts
467 upvotes
KITCHENER
k__dam wrote: Would i get charged extra with this plan if i use data outside of the wind network but within canada?
No, That's the entire point of this plan, to eliminate roaming costs. Djino agrees, but said Yes when he meant no.

And I have NO IDEA how anyone can call this plan cold:
Find me another plan that has:
- UNLIMITED CANADA WIDE CALLING
- UNLIMITED TXT
- 2GB DATA
- VOICEMAIL

for $49.

You can make an Argument that the Koodo plan is better, if $4 for 1gb isn't worth it to you. But the existence of Another HOT plan, doesn't make this one Cold.
This is essentially a $80-100 plan with any other of the big 3.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
You have to spent more than 50% of your usage on WIND network in 90 day cycles. It won't help anyone who is frequently ipoutside of WIND's coverage area.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

$99 10GB/month Can/US/Mexico, 1000 minutes, free evenings and weekend

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)