Expired Hot Deals

[Abercrombie & Fitch] Men down-filled parka $116.02

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2018 1:48 am
Nov 13, 2016
247 posts
236 upvotes
Montreal
I spent and earn with Koodo, Fido, AmEx etc | Sharing is Caring ;)
Nov 13, 2016
247 posts
236 upvotes
Montreal
zzzz24 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 3:49 pm
tried this jacket on in person, it's not a bad jacket but it is quite a long parka, I wasn't as into it based on the length.

says the models on the site are 6'1 and it looks long on them even in the back pictures of the jacket.
I am lean 173 cm, ordered small wonder if it will be too big !

Some of my jackets are S and a few are XS (Gap fall jacket)

Whats your inference based on instore experience?
I spent and earn with Koodo, Fido, AmEx etc | Sharing is Caring ;)
Jul 7, 2009
609 posts
259 upvotes
I am 175cm and somewhat lean, and A&F S fits me very well

Thanks to the poster who clarifies it is synthetic down ... it's a good thing to me, cause it's cheaper and it doesn't smell. I have a real down jacket (Banana republic) and every time it gets wet it smells ... which I guess is unavoidable with real down. I don't have that problem with my "down" jacket from A&F, I guess cause it's synthetic. I guess maybe it's not as warm as real down jacket, but if it's warm enough and it's cheaper I'd take it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
5899 posts
502 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Thanks OP and thanked. Usually wear large but ordered a medium because it says the model is my height at 6'1 and wearing medium. Hope it fits! I like that it seems longer as all my jackets are shorter and sometimes my butt/ballsack freezes.
Last edited by Pr0metheus on Nov 5th, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 20, 2016
166 posts
92 upvotes
I'm also weary of wearing such a long coat, never owned one like this, but I'm exicited to try it out. Thanks OP!
May 8, 2016
294 posts
328 upvotes
i think this will stay warm unless it's colder than -3 outside Face With Tears Of Joy
Jun 17, 2007
75 posts
6 upvotes
Been on the lookout for a new coat, this is good enough for my needs! Thanks! I bought a Medium, and I'm 5'10", hopefully not too big. I'm reading that they seem to be "American" sizing, but I figured I should account for the layers I'll have under.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
5992 posts
1998 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 6:47 pm
How do you find so many $15 down filled parka?
You have to be in the right place at the right time.
Late last winter Sears cleared out their AlpineTek down parkas at one point there was a one day sale and they sold for $36. (There was an RFD feeding frenzy sears-alpinetek-mens-down-fill-bomber-j ... 7-2079764/
My wife ordered one of the AlpineTek down bombers last year for $49 and we still haven't been charged for it.
I was at the Timberland outlet store in Reading PA and they had racks and racks of Timberland down jackets and parkas for $20 USD.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1710 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
"Body And Lining:100% PolyesterFaux Fur:64% Modacrylic, 23% Acrylic, 13% PolyesterFilling:100% Polyester Fibers"
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10940 posts
1451 upvotes
order 1 S and 1 M...most likely don't need M...so PM me if u want M..else return to store
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Mar 12, 2017
782 posts
1955 upvotes
Pr0metheus wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 5:07 pm
Thanks OP and thanked. Usually wear large but ordered a medium because it says the model is my height at 6'1 and wearing medium. Hope it fits! I like that it seems longer as all my jackets are shorter and sometimes my butt/ballsack freezes.
FYI – If you look up other jackets on the site, you'll see the exact same models wearing them with different height captions below (eg. 5'11, 6'1, and 6'2), so it seems to be a pretty inaccurate note.
Oct 7, 2016
64 posts
40 upvotes
Krime1k wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:41 pm
FYI – If you look up other jackets on the site, you'll see the exact same models wearing them with different height captions below (eg. 5'11, 6'1, and 6'2), so it seems to be a pretty inaccurate note.
It's probably just there as a reference point. It would be hard to find models that are all exactly the same size. You can see that the coat appears to fit larger on the Asian dude. So assuming that they are all wearing the same coat, the Asian guy is probably shorter and most Asians are shorter than Caucasians in general (not to make fun of Asian people, it's just statistics and I am part Asian myself). It would make sense that they take pictures with the same coat otherwise wouldn't they take the best fit for each model? I am 5'6" and lean and I went for XS by using the reference point of M for 6'1". I wear size small for my tops but tried a Columbia parka in size S and it was goofy. Hope I picked the right size.

Anyway thanks OP, I needed a new jacket and really didn't want to spend like $500 on a quality one as I am broke atm. For the price I think it's worth it even if it only lasts like 2 years.
Jan 8, 2014
146 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Copped a Olive in (5'11 and slightly athletic build and medium always fits well) , hoping it's decently warm for our Toronto winters minus the coldest of days.