Abom One Heated Snow Goggles $99 USD from 269

Deal Link:
Price:
99 USD
Savings:
60% off
Retailer:
ABOM
Heated goggles designed for snowmobiling but great reviews in a winter cycling group that I follow. Apparently very resistant to fogging. Prices in USD, shipping is another $15.
24 replies
Oct 28, 2019
4 posts
Just wanted to share my experience:
I got 2 of them, and I love them!

Condensation 'fog' has always ruined winter sports for me, until I got this. Loved it so much I got a 2nd pair during a similar sale since i wanted a clear lense. Makes the fog annoyance a thing of the past.

No regrets. Excellent product if you have this problem.
(A lot of people dont!)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1088 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kev994 wrote: Heated goggles designed for snowmobiling but great reviews in a winter cycling group that I follow. Apparently very resistant to fogging. Prices in USD, shipping is another $15.
azzzzz wrote: Just wanted to share my experience:
I got 2 of them, and I love them!

Condensation 'fog' has always ruined winter sports for me, until I got this. Loved it so much I got a 2nd pair during a similar sale since i wanted a clear lense. Makes the fog annoyance a thing of the past.

No regrets. Excellent product if you have this problem.
(A lot of people dont!)
What about for glasses wearers where it’s the glasses that fog up?
Oct 22, 2008
324 posts
257 upvotes
Gatineau, qc
From reading how the heating system works (heating the mid layer of the lens) I think it wont work on glasses, but someone with life experience can maybe point to the contrary...
Dec 25, 2006
564 posts
418 upvotes
Winnipeg
georgep wrote: What about for glasses wearers where it’s the glasses that fog up?
Contact lenses are about the only answer there I'm afraid....
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Feb 1, 2012
507 posts
175 upvotes
Montreal
Hey there OP.

Was doing some research and my final 3 was.

Anon M4
Smith Io
Oakley flight deck.

Smith was well rated for anti fogging.... Curious how come you came across this one.
Mar 7, 2011
39 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
these good for snowboarding (what about the tint - yellow, blue, black)? you can also add a free strap to purchase.
Dec 25, 2006
564 posts
418 upvotes
Winnipeg
KT2312 wrote: Hey there OP.

Anon M4
Smith Io
Oakley flight deck.

Smith was well rated for anti fogging.... Curious how come you came across this one.
Smith I/O's fog - at least they do on me. I do perspire quite heavily when exercising though so take it as you may. I have yet to find goggles that Don't fog on me. Even wrap around sunglasses will fog for me albeit not as severly.
Doing my research on these the ONE model's are VERY large. The HEET models from what I've found fit far more people far more comfortably - too bad they're not on sale.
Also - the ONE only has a six month warranty where the HEET has a full year.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2009
128 posts
89 upvotes
Winnipeg
KT2312 wrote: Hey there OP.

Anon M4
Smith Io
Oakley flight deck.

I follow a winter cycling thread on FB, goggle fogging is a common issue when you’re sweating and it’s -30, particularly if you stop at a traffic light. A couple guys in there swear by them so I thought I’d try them. My biggest issue with normal goggles is that once they freeze there’s no way to clear them, I’ve got a nice pair of Oakleys that are really well vented, hard to fog but I managed to freeze them today after half an hour, I’m thinking worst case I can at least wipe the heated ones if they fog, the fog freezes on the ones I have.
Sep 21, 2020
11 posts
8 upvotes
Bought one pair with an extra lense for skiing +/- running (damn Edmonton -30 weather, freezes the eye lashes)
As with others, my quick research showed relative equivocacy with Oakley and similar models.

Worth a go for the price.

My 2 cents.
Nov 16, 2016
196 posts
82 upvotes
Alberta
I have a couple of pairs of the 509 ignites and wow once you go heated it's hard to go back, absolutely amazing for those cool and/or humid days. I've heard good things about these as well though. Can't complain at that price.
Dec 25, 2006
564 posts
418 upvotes
Winnipeg
I picked up a pair and tried them yesterday on a bike ride at -27. They work impressively well - I did see some fogging, then the heat kicked in (I left it in full on position and it seems the heat cycles on it's own rather than stay on 100% of the time).
Was interesting to see them start to fog, then clear. I'm happy - especially at the price.

These things are HUGE in comparison to my Smith I/O's. took a bit of adjusting to their size but I'm happy.
Feb 1, 2012
507 posts
175 upvotes
Montreal
kev994 wrote: I follow a winter cycling thread on FB, goggle fogging is a common issue when you’re sweating and it’s -30, particularly if you stop at a traffic light. A couple guys in there swear by them so I thought I’d try them. My biggest issue with normal goggles is that once they freeze there’s no way to clear them, I’ve got a nice pair of Oakleys that are really well vented, hard to fog but I managed to freeze them today after half an hour, I’m thinking worst case I can at least wipe the heated ones if they fog, the fog freezes on the ones I have.
Curious to join the group Person With Folded Hands
Dec 22, 2003
972 posts
87 upvotes
Calgary
warpdwhim wrote: I picked up a pair and tried them yesterday on a bike ride at -27. They work impressively well - I did see some fogging, then the heat kicked in (I left it in full on position and it seems the heat cycles on it's own rather than stay on 100% of the time).
Was interesting to see them start to fog, then clear. I'm happy - especially at the price.

These things are HUGE in comparison to my Smith I/O's. took a bit of adjusting to their size but I'm happy.
Are they wide enough to fit over a pair of glasses?
Dec 25, 2006
564 posts
418 upvotes
Winnipeg
lint wrote: Are they wide enough to fit over a pair of glasses?
I think so but I'd think your glasses will fog. It's the lens in the goggles that's heated, not the space between it and your eyes.
I don't wear glasses so can't give you a definite answer
Aug 25, 2010
66 posts
139 upvotes
Woodstock
Thanks OP... In for a pair and an extra lens and strap.
Apr 13, 2009
296 posts
149 upvotes
Kelowna
You can add the extra lens strap for free, or if you don't care for an extra strap then use the code WELCOMEBACK for $5 off instead (can't seem to get both the strap and $5 off).

After a foggy weekend skiing I'm looking forward to trying these out. Thanks OP!
Nov 27, 2020
8 posts
4 upvotes
Giving this one a try after having tried 2 goggles that still fog for me. Good looks OP.
Oct 12, 2006
360 posts
20 upvotes
Just got the Fedex voicemail saying to expect to pay tax and duties...not excited by that and unexpected.